Speed S22 Barb self-leveling 1-70 in 1h (VIDEOs)

But you don’t actually use the weapon, since it’s level 70. You just cube the power, and use crafted 2H axes as you level.

I’m really on the fence for which one to use. I feel like GoJ > ambo > FotVP> fjord > (all other 1h mw) >BotT.

I think 2H is high risk, high reward, whereas with 1H you’re probably going to get something, but unless it’s ambo or fjord itll be merely OK.

That’s kinda where I am at myself. This is my opinion mind you. Both 1h and 2h Mighty weapons you have about a 50/50 to get something with a decent ability. That said, with the 1h’s if you get one of the BK or Ambos, you will be that much closer for “Spin to Wind to Rend to Win”.

I am probably going to go for 2h’s still myself. Since I will also be using kadala to try and get Pox Faulds.

And can’t recall off hand if there are enough DB’s to cube 2 items off the bat. (dont think there is if you do the upgrade a rare).

I can always use the 2h when I hit 70 or maybe sooner if I luck out on it’s secondary affixes.

You only have enough DB’s to cube 1 :disappointed:

I thought as much. I will probably wait and see how my clan mates lucks all roll out. Since damn near all of us are starting “Spend to Wind to Rend to Win” this season.

I think upgrading rare 1 h mighty weapons it’s better, every single one gives damage buffs (remorseless it’s pretty bad because of condition, but still gives a lot of damage)

EDIT: Deleted wrong info. Changed upgrade to gamble

Also, it is worth noting that morticks item level is 30 and I think the only bracer that can drop for barbs at that level so gambling @23-25 at Kadala could be an option.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you can only upgrade level 70 rare items.

1 Like

LoL

It’s true you can only upgrade rare 70 weaps

(3 of 6) = 50% vs 37.5% = (3 of 8)

8x vs [let’s say] 2x vs 5x dmg multiplier
Moreover, imo FotVP > GoJ b/c of ranged attack type that’s better to keep active killstreak for XP boost

Btw U cann’t Cube it to get dmg boost

Since U’II hit lvl 70 (actually 61) it’s not a problem more b/c U could craft it in some tries in KC/r4 with dropped DBs

Btw Guys U could hit lvl 70 just in 1.5 Hrs even without KCube as shown in Video1

No you can’t cube it, but my full statement that you only partially quoted states that IF you get one of those 3, you will just simply be that much closer to “Spin to Wind to Rend to Win” build. Meaning that while you wont have a big buff as you are leveling, once you are leveled you will have one of the pieces already.

Yes, it’s possible to hit 70 in 1.5 hours… however the video shows him using the cube for the PF buff.

Sure, but you can do it anytime later - there’s no any sense in spending mats for it at the very beginning

Video2 with / Video1 without

Also there’s a chance to get Fjord Cutter in game at lvl 9+, Ambo’s Pride at lvl 30+, FotVP at lvl 34+, GoJ at lvl 50+, BotT is the only MW, that lvl 70 required

I didn’t say to TRY to go for those 3. I simply said there is a benefit still IF you HAPPEN to get them when you do the upgrade a rare.

Barbs and Necro’s are both lucky in that their class weapons when you do the upgrade a rare will always benefit them in some way. In comparison; Wizard, Crusaders, DH, Monk, and WD class weapons, when upgraded, have a number of chances to give them a Dud.

how much slower do you think doing rifts with this same basic strategy would be?

just want to clear up for myself. We can cube 2 items right? and ideally if we get lucky, we cube Pox Faulds and a 2H Mighty Weapon? Thanks!

Also, what is the best farm route

Act 1 - Southern and Northern Highlands combo. Has a good chance of multiple pools too.

The highest mobs density: Halls of Agony lvl 3 of A1

Since 1 pool provides a bonus of only 50% of the current level - it’s not very useful during leveling

I’ll take 1 pool over no pool.

So, since this topic has been resurrected, I think that the bastions rework has definitely made 2H MW the one to upgrade right off the bat. My order will be something like this:

Season start:

• do challenge rift
  • get cube
  • craft and upgrade 2H MW
  • if it’s bastions or BotT, roll shards for belts
  • if it’s gavel or FotVP, roll shards for bracers
  • if it’s IKBB, save for completing haedrigs
  • if it’s madawc’s, cry

With any luck, you could end up with a frenzy weapon + belt, EQ weapon + belt, HotA weapon + bracer, or SS weapon + bracer.

4 Likes

Yep, that looks like an excellent plan to me. I wonder if poor Madawc’s will ever get a non-terrible bonus…

I hope so! I always imagined madawc’s might be good if it had xxx% increased damage to stunned enemies, in addition to the current power. It might make it decent for speed builds? I don’t have much hope though.