Soul Shards Testing Focus : PTR 2.7.2 | We need your help!

Checked Stash (even though this wasn’t necessary), in-game Mail, Inventory and equipped items. No Soul Shards or Embers transferred to PTR non-Season.

1 Like

No, nothing needs a heavy nerf. Things might require tweaking. Not axing it.

If it’s really problematic it shouldn’t have been released to public in the first place.

Blizz alienates its customers by giving them nice toys, and then taking them back.
Bad customer relationship management.

2 Likes

Do you want to speak to a manager, Karen?

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Heavy nerf in this case means bringing it down to the same level with other builds. Heavy nerf does not mean axing it.

The Firebird MI needed a heavy nerf. That’s a fact. Cutting its power down to one quarter would’ve achieved that. The original nerf cut all FB variants to one quarter, that was idiotic and thus was reverted. I also think cutting pets from proccing the FB damage is also unwise, just adjusting it to 25% of total FB damage would’ve been better. That would’ve left other FB variants untouched and MI variant viable. That’s a heavy nerf without axing anything.

Also a reminder: nerfs are a very necessary part of balancing. If you keep just buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing and buffing … you’ll end up where D3 is now, in a hideous state.

2 Likes

Soul shards in hero’s weapon and helm - didn’t transfer
Soul shards in follower’s weapon and helm - didn’t transfer
Soul shards in Stash - didn’t transfer
Embers in Stash - didn’t transfer

Seems to have worked just fine.

2 Likes

Hummm… No

1 Like

All clear.

As for suggestions on how to transition the shards: follower-only-socketable. Not necessarily with their PTR stats, but it’d be nice to have something strong for the followers. I’m a party player, but I understand how frustrated people who prefer single player mode can get.

Don’t drop this on us without an explanation

Season 24 hasn’t stopped today as described.

Please clarify?

It’s the season ON PTR

2 Likes

Exactly! Not season 24!

1 Like

Yes, please remove this. Knock down our damage but do not completely destroy the build and all of our hard earned items. Some of us like actually being wizards and not tanks!

All Soul Shards disappeared.
Particularly the great level 3 in my DH Shadow helmet!! :^(

Entire stash disappeared and is empty. All items acquired are gone except those equipped.

Augments do not apply. After PTR end, had gems and Legendary Gems but augment did not work on first attempt. It took the gems, left the legendary gem and did not apply. was a 110 Legendary, 3 green and did not work several times on different equipment.

No can do…busyyyyy…

:yawning_face:

That explains why I don’t see soul shards any more.
DOH!

As with the others, no residual shards in stash, inventory, or items.

Would it be possible to start wiping the PTR server when the PTR ends?

1. I believe most players do a PTR Copy anyway.
  2. Some players, like me, prefer to create a new Seasonal PTR Character to test the new Season.

For players who wish to only test the new Season, especially with multiple Class builds, they’ll need available Character Slots. Don’t make us have to spend time deleting Characters to make room.

Thank you!

to prevent any bugs in the future, is not easier to also change the shards system?, I mean in the case that any player find a way to break it…

After season ends if you recycle a shard becomes a reusable part
After season ends shards are only equipable in gloves,shoulders… (basically items that never have sockets).

I think is not a much effort to change the code of this after the season ends so you prevent by 100% anyone to use it, in the case that someone finds a bug.

Why would it?
That was posted on the PTR forum, and was about the end of Season 25 on the PTR.