Sorceress's lightning spells (return blue color)

Dear developers,

Why are all of the sorceress’s lightning spells now so badly done? You initially made a very nice lightning bolts and all other lightning spells. On the official website you can see the original lightning effects with blue color and it looks amazing and real like real electricity.

Return the effects of all lightning spells to blue instead white, because now everything looks very terrible and does not look like lightning at all. If some of the fans needs a white lightning color, then they change it in the settings and do not worsen the game for all other Diablo fans.

You can make an additional effect option in the game settings. Those players who want to use the original colors will check a box or something similar in the settings. Those who want to play with pleasant innovations from the developers themselves will choose the default settings.

Thank you for such good remaster.

P.S. This post was created exclusively for developers.

2 Likes

Hard disagree.

Chars

7 Likes

Totally agree. The lightning FX looks quite bad for now.
Would be great to make it like it was in the origin game.

4 Likes

Why not? I guess this thread was created for making our lovely D2 better.

1 Like

This goes to show you can never please anyone. There was so much qq about the look of the spells, they change them, still qq.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Please stop making me sympathize with Blizzard devs.

4 Likes

Developers can please everyone simply by making an additional effect option in the game settings. Those players who want to use the original colors will check a box or something similar in the settings. Those who want to play with pleasant innovations from the developers themselves will choose the default settings.

I have heard that from 50 different people on 50 different topics.

Don’t like the lightning effects, toggle it.

Don’t want personal loot, toggle it.

Don’t want black bars on the screen, pvp game toggle.

Don’t want personal shrines, toggle them.

How many toggles do people want them to program?

It gets a bit crazy.

2 Likes

If players cannot spend 5-10 seconds of time on a one-time setup of their favorite game, this means they are not fans or gamers at all. In any game, people ALWAYS go into the settings once and customize everything for themselves. This is not a problem for everyone at all.

P.S. you wait longer to turn on your pc and boot the system. Or writing a message on any social network. Nobody is going to convince you. This post was created solely for the answer of the developers, and not for discussion or persuasion. I also heard a lot of feedback that such settings for switching effects from the original to the remaster are very necessary. How many people have so many opinions.

What are you talking about?

The sorceress abilities look amazing, I am so hyped about it.

Edit: If you press G, you can go back to the original, so its not really an issue is it.

2 Likes

I like the new lightning animation. However, I prefer the blue colour.

1 Like

Reason they changed it:
Lightning

The Sorceress may use Lightning, a powerful skill which shoots a bolt of electricity from the Sorceress’ fingertips. Based on community feedback, the Lightning VFX has been enhanced with a whiter and thicker visualization that is more reminiscent to the original VFX.

Source: Technical Alpha Learnings — Diablo II: Resurrected — Blizzard News

1 Like

first everyone complains that the skill is too blue…now they complain because it is not blue exactly ?
Are you blue?.. ok the joke does not work if you write English… :frowning:

2 Likes

Looks much better with the white, thick version now. Lightning spells are white, cold spells are blue. Easy to understand and recognize. They did a great job.

I think by “everybody” they mean Rhyyker because HE was bascially the only one who really had an “issue” with the blue color, but even he said its the most minor of complaints.

New lightning looks far better

The lightning looks fantastic. Stop complaining lmao