Sorcerer typhon veil 4 piece

hi, the 4 piece of the typhon veil don’t proc anymore since the last update you die with 10 hydra

3 Likes

It also did not work before the last patch. I was 1-shot and the sheet-toughness was with and without casted hydras the same. Everyone was talking about the shield and I wondered that nobody else realized that the 4-piece bonus doesn´t work.

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be working properly, overall the set should be stronger than the lod version, but not if the dr isn’t working.

Actually you’re wrong, it totally worked before the patch. What didn’t work was shield and ICD of hydras dying. The hydras would vanish instantly but you’d be fine. Now the opposite is happening, the hydras are fine and you are getting one shot and if you don’t and live there’s 9 hydras and you potion.

Doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Damage reduction seems fine to me. You can’t expect to face tank everything.

1 Like

I am not wrong, it was as I said. Last ptr patch when I tested the new set, the Toughness displayed in charsheet with 2 casted 5 headed arcane hydras, was the same as without hydras being casted. I was even 2 shot in t16 (with cubed karini). It just not felt like there is any damage reduction applied by the set. You can argue that the toughness number displayed in char sheet is bugged but what if not and the damage reduce is bugged instead?
Despite this bug, with all the shield passives and ashnagas bracers worn, I’ve cleared a 119 too, but it was no fun. With the LoD version I stopped at 127 where I still felt tankier as with the typhoon set in t16…

Okay that part you’re definitely not wrong, however for whatever reason it seemed to have worked anyway? Something isn’t right but I cannot pin point it but there is definitely less toughness with this new PTR patch than before with the same set up.

Cratic’s theory of resummoning hydras might be spot on as well.

Dr 4 piece works correctly.

It’s just a garbage set. Cannot match with the 3k k k k toughtness Lod version (facetank everything gr150 with almost 100% up time squirt’s amu).

1 Like

I with my 900 paragon and semi optimal gear could only do a gr 102 in normal ptr. But I never died without knowing why. And I only died when Halo of Karini was not active. And you can’t have 10 stacks of Taeguk up all the time. Also you need to recast a lot of the time Hydras gimping your damage. I used aughilds, too. And felt pretty tanky for that gr range with this set.

Again it does not, there’s video evidence now proving it doesn’t work since everyone wants to disagree and think we’re full of it for whatever reason. Guess they want a bugged set everyone will salvage to go live :woman_shrugging:

Doesn’t matter too much though as LoD will still be preferred end game unless they buff the 6pc further.

4 piece bonus gives you ~56% dr not 80% (it has diminishing returns like Cdr Rcr)!!! I have no idea why most people think this is an equal Karini.

Nope it’s additive with itself, it straight up just adds whatever you have in hydra heads for that instant. You have 8, it’s 64, you have 10 it’s 80. It is indeed equal to Karini and we felt that last patch, but not this one because this one is bugged with shields.

They can’t seem to get shields right this PTR…fixed one thing with hydra, break another with us!

Ok my bad i was testing it without shields. It looks like every shield source turning off 4 pieces bonus. So its even more unplayable than last time.

Now we will be waiting for the final form after we could not play it normally even once.