Some Set Dungeon tomes not working

So I’m not sure if anyone else has had this issue or not, but since season 22, on my monk and DH, when i go to the pedastal to get the tome of set dungeon for the set i’m using, it says im not properly garbed even though i am . on my monk im using the haedrigs gift set for tempest rush this seaon and on my DH im using the strafe set. neither will allow me to get the tome. anyone else have this issue?

None of the the new sets have Set Dungeons.
You will have to use an older set for the Journey.
Not a Bug.

4 Likes

This is NOT a bug.

Class Set Dungeons

The following Class Sets are the ONLY Sets that have associated Set Dungeons.

Barbarian

1. Immortal King’s Call
  2. Legacy of Raekor
  3. Might of the Earth
  4. Wrath of the Wastes

Crusader

1. Armor of Akkhan
  2. Roland’s Legacy
  3. Seeker of Light
  4. Thorns of the Invoker

Demon Hunter

1. Embodiment of the Marauder
  2. Natalya’s Vengeance
  3. The Shadow’s Mantle
  4. Unhallowed Essence

Monk

1. Inna’s Mantra
  2. Monkey King’s Garb
  3. Raiment of a Thousand Storms
  4. Uliana’s Strategem

Necromancer

1. Bones of Rathma
  2. Grace of Inarius
  3. Pestilence Master’s Shroud

Witch Doctor

1. Helltooth Harness
  2. Raiment of the Jade Harvester
  3. Spirit of Arachyr
  4. Zunimassa’s Haunt

Wizard

1. Delsere’s Magnum Opus
  2. Firebird’s Finery
  3. Tal Rasha’s Elements
  4. Vyr’s Amazing Arcana

Source — Adventure Mode: Class Set Dungeons

2 Likes

Blizz should really put a warning label or a footnote in the item description for the new sets - “WARNING! No set dungeon exists for this set.” How many posts does this make now concerning this topic? 30? 100? I lost count…

3 Likes

Agreed - or if they do intend to do them eventually say so or not as the case may be. A general message should suffice. It would possibly take less time to do that than it did for both of us to post here.

This one and the Years of War conquest. Obvs these are covered in the Things That Are NOT Bugs pinned sticky but it would seem a lot of people aren’t reading them.

Though let’s take a moment to give a quick shout-out to the forum regulars who repeatedly let users know these things aren’t bugs in spite of their inability to read the stickies. You are awesome!

1 Like

The fastest way to implement this might be to have a message from the lectern in Leoric’s mansion that reads something like: there is no dungeon for the set you’re currently wearing.

1 Like

They need something. What that something is I leave it to Blizz to decide, but they really did drop the ball by not clarifying it to newer players who may not have been around a year ago when they made the one post about there not being dungeons for the new sets.

Tip for newer players who may read this - don’t bother going to Leoric’s Manor and reading the tome. Do a quick Google search and it will tell you exactly where each set dungeon is located. If the set you are wearing isn’t shown in a list, that lets you know…

1 Like

Actually, it already says that. Just with different wording.

Keep in mind that the only time you get that message is if:

1. Your not wearing any Set items.
  2. Your current Set does not have a Dungeon associated with it.

I would think that new players would want to check to see what Set Dungeons are available and where they are located. A simple browser search will yield several results.

These are just a few examples.

should you? in this game in general, very little works, and what works. does it through time!

The problem is that the text you’re referring to is ambiguous. It can mean two things:

1. You’re not wearing enough items to qualify for the dungeon
  2. You ARE wearing enough items but there is no dungeon for this set.
    Given the confusion people are having I propose to have a second, different message for those sets that don’t have dungeons. It would cut back on the constant stream of bug reports here if they got the specific information that their set doesn’t have a dungeon.
1 Like

No, it means exactly what it says. You are not appropriately garbed. Wearing a full set that has no dungeon is still not appropriately garbed. Problem is that so many people just can’t think and reason out the meaning, and requires the game to literally spoon-feed them information.

2 Likes

The two things you listed are NOT two things, they’re ONE thing, as TimberWolf explained.

1. “You’re not wearing enough items to qualify for the Dungeon” is “not appropriately garbed”.

1. “You ARE wearing enough items but there is no dungeon” is “not appropriately garbed”.

Trying clicking on the Tome of Set Dungeons with a full Blackthorne’s Battlegear Set equipped and see what message you get.

The problem, in this case, is not the wording. The problem is comprehending the words.

It IS ambiguous in the sense that there are two different problems (wearing a wrong set OR wearing too few items of a correct set) being adressed with the same message. Comprehending the words depends on the knowledge they provide. A simple rewording might help people clicking the lectern understand what their actual problem is.
Given the number of posts on this forum it is clear that “inappropriately garbed” doesn’t provide enough information to people without the knowledge of the game that you and I possess. The displayed message might as well be just “NO”. Or even, why bother with any message at all?

Keep arguing. Still not a bug.

Not arguing that it is.