Some enlightenment for the GoD

So I have been using GoD for the last 4 days now… checked Shift+L in game and just geared my DH as how I see the majority do it.

However, some of it does not make sense to me (despite not making sense I still copy what they wear. lol :sweat_smile:)

1. If I strafe in town after using primary skill, my bracers (Wraps of Clarity) do not proc. However, outside town, it procs when I hit mobs. Any valid reason why? WoC should proc whenever a primary skill is cast.

2. Two set piece bonus: Gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, at a maximum duration of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% increased damage per second of Momentum.
    Four piece set bonus: Strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you gain 8% increased movement speed for each second of Momentum.
    Logically, whatever the last primary skill used will fire once you start strafing… then why is momentum not stacking when you stafe? I look like an idiot stopping to strafe just to fire my primary skill in order to gain momentum. or am I doing something wrong here? If this is the intended design of the set, what was the reason behind it?

3. How does Area Damage give a boost in this build? Strafe and Hungering Arrow all shoots projectiles. Correct me if I’m wrong, but projectiles only pierce… it does not hit an area. It may hit multiple targets but does not hit an area. Unlike Natalya Strafe, Rain of Vengeance damages the area and it is right to have Area Damage in the item stats. What’s the point in having Area Damage?

4. Main damage dealer here is the primary skill (Hungering Arrow is the optimal), not strafe. Why use Valla’s Bequest? It only pierces strafe projectiles and NOT the primary skill. What’s the reason why this weapon is being used? I understand Fortress Ballista, for the damage reduction. But why Valla?

I would appreciate if someone can enlighten me please. Thanks!

all of these could be answered with a little reading, but short versions are…

i think it does? pretty sure you can fully defensive buff in town

attacking with a primary means you. sentry m6 wont proc f/r on its own either.

area damage has nothing to do with a skills aoe. any hit has a 20% chance of spreading x% area dmg to everything within 20(i think?) yards of the target that procced it. so it takes a non aoe skill and adds lots of damage to surrounding enemies

strafe projectiles are what procs extra HA casts, so more hits means more chance of proc. with low density or missed proc chances, valla pierce adds extra chances to keep up a consistent amount of auto casts

1. Strafe won’t fire primary skill if no enemy around.
  2. I think it is by design so that it won’t break the mechanics (i.e. requires you to manually shot primary skill). Note also that the primary skills spawned by strafe don’t proc F&R too.
  3. You don’t understand what Area Damage is. Each attack has 20% chance proc’ing AD; all mobs (except the target) within 10(?) yards recieve %AD damage. There are some posts/YouTube that explains AD mechanics; please do a search.
  4. Someone had done an in-depth analysis on DH forum. In short, it fires extra projectiles under certain condition.
2 Likes

Wraps of Clarity procs from generators, not from Strafe. Strafing in town won’t shoot any generators, because there are no enemies there for Strafe to hit.

This is the design of the build.

You manually fire generators to wind up and build momentum (2 piece bonus) and then you wind down by using Strafe (4 piece bonus) to get free generators.
In other words: The 2 piece bonus grants Momentum. The 4 piece bonus spends Momentum.

Area damage is a proc that happens when you hit a monster. It doesn’t matter what you hit them with (usually). There’s always a 20% chance that any other monster within 10 yds will take damage based on your area damage.

For GoD, the optimal strategy involves grouping up monsters as much as possible to get additional pierces for Hungering Arrow. When the monsters are properly grouped up, each monster will have several other monsters within 10 yds. That makes Area Damage a very powerful stat for this build.

For a complete explanation, I suggest browsing the forum. Iria and Dieoxide have explained it thoroughly.

The short explanation is this: The 4 piece bonus is most effective when Strafe hits an enemy. The piercing effect from Valla’s allows each Strafe projectile to hit more often, thus making the 4 piece bonus more effective. This really shines when the monsters are grouped up, but has no effect against lone monsters or spread out monsters where there is nothing behind the monster for the piercing projectile to hit.
This is also the reason the Rocket Storm rune is the best Strafe rune for damage.