Solutions to D2R problem?

Ok let’s assume for a second that Blizz don’t add chat lobbies or any form of communicatiom rendering the game completely useless on console as we already discussed. Are there any solutions?

What do d3 players do currently, do they have the same problems as this? How do they make the game really community led on console? (I don’t play d3)

Could for example you have a console only discord (so far I joined a few all seem geared up to PC players) with chat channels for runs, and trade channels? I know it won’t get majority of players but could get enough to make game worthwhile and not a complete failure like it it currently is. Even like 50 regular players would be fine to trade do stuff with. I know it’s not the same and checking discord is annoying and you’d have to add them all as friends to make a voice chat party with them or maybe a playstation chat group have up to 100 player? Don’t get me wrong I have refunded already but would like to play if we can find a work around so any solutions welcome. We are only missing this main thing so could we find our own fix.if we have to.

Any ideas? Also be good to know how it works on D3 right now how do u get a thriving community with farm runs, groups and trading?

1 Like

The drops are incredibly easy on D3 is how they compensated. You can solo an end game set in a matter of a couple of days. This means that trading isn’t needed. Additionally, no shared drops in multiplayer so just get more… D3 end game just involves getting better rolls of the items you already have.

Anyone who has played D2 knows that it takes A LOT of time and work to solo farm the runes and items to make a basic hdin… this is why trading is critical to D2.

The only way they encourage mediocre online play is by ladder seasons. They basically have infinite “levels” of a dungeon where 2man 3man 4 man ladders exist. It is just a rush to see who can make it the most levels. Didnt get that into it myself although I did play it quite a bit. Its just shallow in comparison to D2.

1 Like

I heard diablo 3 had clans or something though is this a way to communicate in game?

Lol d3 has nothing near clans, you have your consoles friend list and thats it.

Ok same as d2 then they just copied doubt we will get any changes then :frowning:

1 Like

It’s hilarious that they said they modernized D2 on console. Nothing they did on console made things easier and more efficient. In fact the opposite. It’s like they took the wheel and made it square, then claimed we modernized. It was a bs lie they used to get by with doing the absolute least amount of work.

So no, they did not modernize diablo 2. Don’t let that lie stick.

2 Likes