Solo Self Found - Bounties

No blood shards is ok though, is it not?

I would think these are to be gathered in Rifts/GRs. While the new fissures offer easy bounty mats + forgotten souls for item rerolls.

On T16, depending on the length of the Fissure, 20 or 40 mats each. Even the longer ones that grant 40 mats take only a few minutes to run with a fast build. They can also grant an absurd amount of DBs as well.

It’s substantially more efficient than bounties.

6 Likes

Nice. Thanks for the details.

Forgot to mention, you also get GR keys from the Fissures. Makes them more worthy to run.

Perhaps they can enable all three followers to run bounties with you when you are in a game solo.

So, you start running bounties and each of your followers start a different bounty and run it.
Including picking up stuff.

This would create a split bounty game, but it is you and your three followers.

Or instead of followers, three of your other characters run bounties with you (by themselves).

How awesome would that be?

Not nearly as awesome as the new Visions of Enmity.
Those trivialize the bounty hunt even for solo players.

Imo these should become permanent as “fix” for the bounty hunt “issue”

1 Like

You don’t need two extra cheat deaths from all 3 followers when running bounties. There is a reason why Asheara’s Set designed that way; there was a tradeoff and that distinctively separated your role as zdps in the group.

Running solo supposed to be a “challenge”; don’t use that as an excuse for pity. Solo is not balanced for your comfort, and it doesn’t justify any kind of special treatment compared to regular mode. Hell, I am almost sure that Altar would be stronger in SSF mode after S30 anyway.
Solo play ain’t supposed to have treats to lure people in, it is just same as what it was before and people knew what they are signing up for. Not even Hardcore have such luxury and it has such a heavy punishment where unforgiving permanent death exists. When you add more cheat deaths, it is not Hardcore anymore, it is something else. Neither allowing you to have glass cannon builds running Greater Rifts with 4 cheat deaths, would be a good decision because you play solo. Thus it is unreasonable when you ask for permanent Followers on solo self-found mode.

Justify and reason the permanent extra cheat deaths being a huge relief without messing the balance and developers would consider it. Otherwise don’t waste time thinking about it.
You can perhaps convince developers to recreate Followers of Sanctuary Season theme but with permanent effect across all modes; that means no exceptions, solo, regular, softcore, hardcore. I expect Altar to be strong in SSF when S30 rolls in anyway, wait for that.

Without rolling your eyes answer if you want a challenge or not, then pick the non-SSF and run split group bounties. Being honest goes a long way. From here, asking permanent Followers for something basic such as bounties look like a huge excuse. Ask for less quests per Act in SSF mode; this would work better than demanding to disable challenge from specific modes at the guise of “QoL”.

With what? 300k dps ouput against T16 monsters? Want them to die with one hit from Followers too?

Got 40 bounty mats at T16 level in the portal + 2 levels filled with gobs, equivalent to ancient vault.

Worth 2 bounties run + 2 ancient vault runs from my experience. In just a few minutes.

Obviously, their damage needs a buff then. Could be buffed only for their bounty mode or something.

As players can one shot t16 monsters, why not the followers were they to do bounties…

At the time of writing that comment, I was not yet fully aware of fissures dropping bounty mats and the number of those mats.

Seems like a good solution if and when fissures become permanent. For s29, fissures would suffice.

1 Like

I consider you joking because what you ask is botting, or at least promoting botting. Imagination is not an excuse to that nonsense.

No. Absolutely not botting.

The player will be actively playing for this to work.

So Followers can tell if you are botting or not? Great. When have you coded that?
This is not solution to anything, you just added 3 bots to a solo game because you are “bored”. You must be kidding or trolling.

Apparently, the game can tell…
Which could prevent the followers from helping…

You’re also getting death’s breath’s and GR keys. All before you can get them outside of the fissures.

No, game can not tell if you are botting or not. That is detected by anti-cheat which only detect that as another layer of separate software. You can be away from keyboard and watch them do your bidding, it doesn’t require any input. Your sarcasm should have limits.

Bounty reward should just be set at a fixed X amount of chests.
If 4 players get the reward, they get X/4 chests.

So, 1 chest per player in a 4 man group, 4 chests per player if solo.

Positive that Fissures give bounty mats, but unless they stay beyond S29, it isnt a long term fix.

That would make solo more efficient though, at least compared to public groups. Not that I complain about that, but if equality is looked for that does not do it.

Had originally typed out a longer answer with 3 chests cap or similar for better balance. But anyway, sure, numbers could be adjusted.