Solo 150 exploit? (need blue post answer)

Eggman has done 150 solo on multiple characters by having someone prepare the cow levels for him, and he goes in to get the stacks, leaving a damage tick (rend, lightning balls, exploding palm, bone spirit etc) and come back to the GR and use the geyser to kill everything, including the RG.

Is this considered an exploit? I’d like a blue post answer for that.

If this is ok, then it pretty much makes solo pushes pointless.

Edit: found a video here. You be the judge.

Edit 2:
Devs, here are some ideas on how to patch this.

1. When there’s a GR in progress, disable all porting to waypoints, to players, and disable entry to cow level.
  2. You only get kill stacks if you are in the GR in the same level, not different map!
5 Likes

This is cheating and the cheaters are so brazen now that yea the solo leaderboard has been for a long time now mostly just a pack of cheaters. Blizzard doesn’t care that is why such obvious cheating is not removed right away from the leaderboard.

3 Likes

They should leave it honestly. It’s no different than Star Pact Wizard using a macro to do something the player themselves are not capable of which hasn’t been stopped yet.

D3 Leaderboards have been meaningless for a long time since people will always find a way to abuse mechanics and without enforcing a penalty of some kind on the player I don’t see a change happening,

2 Likes

You are wrong my sir. This is completelly different, and im sure it will be fixed, it may just take a while but im sure its not gonna make it in rhis form untill the end of the season.

All classes at season except wizard already clear 150 by eggman.Am i drunk or the d3 dev guy ?

How long have the cheater boards been meaningless now? I hope we do not have them in D4. I do not chase the cheater boards like a carrot :carrot::carrot::carrot: on a stick so I do not care. It just gets old seeing others complaining about the cheater boards every season, as if things are going to change.

1 Like

i find it funny blizzard keeps letting this kind of stuff slip in, its not the first time people have used stacking bugs outside of the grift to help in a grift.

This exploit makes every other build of every class pointless.

Star pact has to click to move every once in a while so the macro (3rd party program) can perfectly time everything for you. Cow level kill streak you have to drag the buff across a couple zone screens so it can do the work for you.

So please explain to me how these two are “different” because I’m apparently missing something? :rofl:

Apparently you are missing something :slight_smile:
Channeling archon buffed starpact can be executed without macro and devs had “approved” that build before , saying that they will keep an eye on it. You still need specific gear with certain rolls to make it work.

Seasonal buff exploit makes mockery of gearing process. Its similar to exploits that have been fixed before, although no one got banned.
Most of those exploits that i know of relate to wizard gaining archon stacks outside of grift and carrying them over into greater rift.
So yeah completely different.

You can do the same without a group, just have to prep the waypoints yourself before opening the GR.

Looks like perfect solo class balance has been achieved this season! Enjoy your 150 gems everyone :grin:

1 Like

On the EU season solo board a zdps barb also hit 150 :grinning:

1 Like

I mentioned using a macro for star pact, never mentioned using it without a macro. If people pull it off without a macro kudos to them. I think you’re assuming I meant both.

The only blue post I can find is them saying star pact is fine as a challenging style of gameplay They never mentioned it being okay by use of a 3rd party program, which if I’m not incorrect about is against the ToS.

We’re talking about two different things here. Star Pact without the use of 3rd party programs, and Star Pact with 3rd party programs.

This is funny stuff. I don’t see the point in getting mad at Eggman. A bunch of people pointed this out to Blizz during the PTR and they did nothing. They should just fix it and remove the records.

1 Like

You know that this is an exploit/unintended.

So… He’s “cheating” for utilizing a game feature to its fullest and that’s why twitch banned him? Seems like there’s something else behind the story. If what he has done required such heavy consequences, why Blizzard hasn’t banned him personally yet?

You are right, i assumed you are referring to star pact in general.
I could still argue since blizz put d3 tm to many keyboards and mice supporting macro, that in their eyes the use of macro that comes with those devices is fine to use.

Imagine a company selling you a car with a mysterious red button on a dashboard, not saying what its for or if its ok to use or not, but then when you press it they take your car away:)

If Blizzard is ok with this, then I’ll do it too. And everybody will do it. And everybody will be 150 solo with a z class. Oh, and 4-man leaderboard will be 4 zbarbs.

Is Blizzard ok with all that??

2 Likes

I do think Blizzard needs to make a line for things that are okay and those that are not, which they don’t do. They leave a vague line for people to stumble across.

From every show I’ve watched, or game I’ve played a mysterious red button means self destruction in some shape or form. No way am I falling into that kind of trap as tempting as it may be.

1 Like

4-man LB is already full of macro users which are supposedly “against” the rules yet they did nothing. Let’s be real; 99% of everyone using Wiz for dps since the patch isn’t doing any attacks manually.

Issues like this have gotten so ridiculous / out of hand that I actually no longer fault the person who did the 150 at all. I don’t even bother playing the game anymore because things have gotten so inconsistent with development.

This is 100% on Blizzard for refusing to change their clearly insufficient, short 1 week PTR cycles and their clear inability to devote sufficient resources to fixing this game’s problems.

I say ban the person making decisions for testing D3 and whoever pushed for 1 week PTR’s. It’s time to stop blaming players for things Blizzard is letting slip into their own product.

4 Likes