SoJ vs F+R om UE

So with a Good SoJ u get elemental dmg, Elite dmg and 10 more discipline plus it frees Up a slot for CoE. In My mind it must be a stronger combo than f+r? I mean full UE with 96 discipline, squirts, crimson, SoJ and CoE. I tested it fast this morning and it felt good for sure! Input anyone?

It can be an option, sure. And if it feels good for you, use it! If your F+R combo is badly rolled, and SoJ/CoE pretty good, and you make good use of CoE, it may work. :bow_and_arrow:

But please remember that 10 discipline on a SoJ increases your overall damage only by ~11%, not more. :wink:

That extra discipline is a nice 11% bonus ontop of THE other stuff and when CoE hits the right element dmg is just higher.

Yes, CoE can up to triple the damage output but that’s only 25% of the time when the correct element rotation is up. During other elements it does nothing.

However F+R is a flat 2.25x damage multiplier which can be kept up 100% of the time.

Sure, I just wanted to point that out, as many players get this wrong. :wink:

However, before CC3 and Squirts was a thing, the option F+R+HF vs. EW+SoJ has been discussed a lot (CoE cubed). And the result was more or less: “It doesn’t matter that much”.

So, if you think that you can get the equivalent of “EW minus 1 passive plus one extra stat on compass rose” out of CoE cycles by an optimized play style, go for it.

I won’t do a deeper analysis for now, as UE isn’t our strongest set anyway. My guess would be, that this is again a close call.