SOJ Buff + Hunters Wraith Buff for UE

This is somewhat interesting. I have always wanted to dump f/r combo for soj + coe but dps loss is too huge. Now, it seems like soj gains 60% more damage to elemental (20% ammy, 20% bracers, 20% of soj ring) + special skill

My hope that it will make it viable, but I doubt

Re: Hunters Wraith - Good buff for sure, but the problem is, UE DH can’t use it and keep crimsons, so that suckssssssssssssssssssssss.

Basically, it seems like UE didn’t get any items to extra umphhh.

1 Like

What does soj gain? The way I read it, is if you stack fire on ammy/bracers/soj, that 60% will apply to all elements instead of just fire. So it really gives no extra damage. And it doesn’t seem to help with rolling items, as you still have to have ammy/bracer/ring match up.

Each of your elemental’s damage bonus is equal to your highest static elemental bonus to skill.

1 Like

well, ya, but typically you do 1 main element… so the way I see it (and likely wrong). f/r gives u raw dps. soj gives you 20% skill, 30% elites + now 60% to element? someone gotta do math when it gets to ptr…

my guess it’s still not enough.

No, the wording of the new SoJ ability makes it so that if you have say 60% fire damage (amulet + bracers + SoJ), all your other elements are also set to +60% (i.e. physical, cold, and lightning for DH). Thus the new SoJ is only useful in builds that use more than one element (e.g. maybe some Tal Rasha builds).

1 Like

oh, bummer. useless then.

Yeah, I could be wrong but the wording is very close to how One With Everything (legacy monk passive) used to work before they replaced it with Harmony. The One With Everything passive set all your resistances to your highest one so ideally you wanted to stack a single resistance on gear (which was then copied to all others).

Does SoJ not help ue because of physical missiles while using arsenal rune?

Edit: Also the change to SoJ is a legendary affix right? So it would be a multiplier? Or did I read that wrong

Arsenal, including the rockets, is fire. In Vanilla, it used to be a dual element rune, but they changed that when RoS dropped.

1 Like

The main appeal of the SoJ rework is that most LoD builds will now probably stack fire gear to get high fire % dmg, but now with the rework, they don’t have to stick to fire skills. They can use whatever they fancy. It’s a pretty neat addition, imo.

We’ll have to see but but the combo of Odyssey’s End plus Ninth Cirri Satchel looks to be a bigger multiplier to Hungering Arrow than what MS gets.

But I think the main strength of the latest patch notes for UE is that gearing during early game will have more options than multishot. Really, CA should be added to the set as well.

Could just aswell be, that they wanted to underline their seasonal feature of S21 and that its scaling with the characters strength to prevent groups running with 4 supports trough a rift :smiley:

OR
As they played the new DH set, they noticed that they wanted to use more than 1 or 2 generators with the set and faced the fact that every different rune had a different playstlye need and different elements. Therefor created the soj to make at least the elemental issue that comes with it not so much of a factor.

1 Like

ya, but actual UE didn’t really benefit, if tbey made ue brackets, for example, which allowed to stack with new belt + keeping captains, so it would essentially give us another 150% multiplier buff…

whether it would be 2-3 levels or more. hard to say…

Yeah, it always seems to come down to a decision between Depth Diggers and another armour slot.

Though, I think the benefit of Crimsons will be much less without Yangs… we won’t have that big DR buff and the 150% multiplier from Hunters Wrath will be more beneficial than the Crimson’s damage buff if my understanding of the maths is correct. Better to wear Hunters and cube DDs.

1 Like

Yeah, UE’s pretty much left in the dust this patch. I’ll try a couple ideas just to make sure we haven’t missed anything , but not expecting a lot.

1 Like

Hunters wraith may offer more dps than crimsons but it’s cdr and survival benefits are impossible to replicate. I can do 2-3min gr95 with crimson and not die for hours. without, I am often 1 shotted.