So, Trading and Diablo 4

Did Blizzard say something concrete about trading system yet? Or are they still deciding?

Imo trading adds depth, fun and interaction between players which is a good thing. I’d like to see full free traiding, AH and RMAH.
I don’t quite get the supposed counter-argument “but this is about killing demons, not about trading!” - the best arpg of our time (poe) has full trading and is fine.

5 Likes

Add your thread to the long list of others on the subject.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/search?q=D4%20trading

Funny, not going to happen. :-1: :-1: :-1:

1 Like

We should have a flag about a topic that has been beaten to death…

1 Like

Well, it looks like those threads are all just assumptions and arguing. I was wondering if Blizzard has said something new on this topic since 2019 or not.

Cool, you have a link to this info? This is what I came here for.

1 Like

Nope.

Have they ever said anything about an AH/RMAH in D4? No they have NOT.

Do you think they learned a lessen? :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

“There will be trading in D4”.

1 Like

I run mostly solo so I do not really care that much about trading. I am fine with getting my loot from playing the game. Not by trading for it or getting it from an AH/RMAH. :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

Zaven: Our underlying philosophy here is we think it is the best when you can kill a monster, and get loot that way. So we want to make sure that whatever we do, we kinda respect that part of Diablo. It is core to Diablo. But with that in mind, we also do want to allow trading. So our current strategy is this, and you know, it is still early days — so we really want to hear your feedback on this in particular.

So the idea is that we have kinda three different types of tradeable items, so to speak: there is a class of item (a bunch of items) that can always be traded, no matter what, freely. I can give it to Angela. She can give it to David. He can give it to Joe. So on, and so forth.

— and then, we can also have a class of items that are tradeable one time. So I have an item. I use it for a year, and then I’m like: “I don’t want this item anymore;” and I give it to Angela. But now, she can’t trade it anymore. It is bound to her. So things like that can only be traded one time.

— and then, we are also thinking that– probably — the highest quality, most powerful things in the game, especially in that area, there should be items that you can’t trade at all. That you have to earn yourself. You have to go do those end-game dungeons, and kill monsters, etc. to get that loot.

So you can kinda see, just like with these very simple kinda gradient of things and options here, where we kinda do the call off when do something becomes a one-time trade, or a never trade — we have a lot of flexibility there; and we are going to be listening to you, guys, in kinda getting that feedback as well. So please, let us know what you think.

1 Like

:-1:
Consider this a huge downvote.

There should be an automatic disciplinary action for bringing up idiocy like AH.

4 Likes

I won’t be trading much so i really don’t mind. I don’t mind full open trading either though as long as my item (i fought for) is better than someone who traded for it. However i know that will further take immersion out of the game.

If they want full open trading the best way to do it is to simply have self-found be a separate mode with separately designed drop rates.

and then there is no need to punish people for trading.

2 Likes

No because then people would still abuse the game mechanics (which doesn’t bother me much either as i know i always do things properly).

this was mosquera’s doings, as he stated and he is not around anymore.

im not here to vote for free trade or what so ever, im just saying this is not a good arg.

Farm bots, trade bots, spammers, hackers, scamers. Who in their right mind want those?

People would trade, but it would hardly matter what they do with it because they’re on a separate game mode from those playing self-found.

At that point punishing them is basically just spite, which is a bad way to design a game.

1 Like

Avalon’s quote was a good one to sum up what they’ve said.

But what many D3 players don’t realize are the implications of free non-BOA trading, even if it is only mats and crafting items etc. If any of those freely tradeable items become remotely valuable, as they often do, then you will have massive RMT, bots to farm the items, and all the usual RMT nonsense that many people don’t like.

This is why some of us are pushing for a 100% BoA system that prevents getting items “for nothing”. There needs to be no incentive for people to go to a 3rd party site, plunk down money, and get millions of mats.

I know what i want (which won’t happen as i know there’s £££ to be made). So i’ll just play my game (when it finally drops) in peace.
I’m more concerned about how many people i’ll see on my screen at end game. Especially if i am farming.

I would say in general Blizzard just needs a better way of dealing with things like bots. It’s not like the game isn’t going to be infested with them even with 100% BoA items. Diablo 3 is infested with bots too.

Their current system is just not effective at combating them at all, and if they fix it it would go a long way towards mitigating these sorts of problems.

You’re right and it’s mind blowing that people bot in D3 just for paragon and whatever clout they think they’re gaining when people know they’re botting which is reverse-clout lol.

But are we agreed that having free trade of crafting mats and low-tier items, if they are somewhat valuable, incentivizes bots and RMT?

I wouldn’t say it incentivizes bots any more than regular gameplay does. It’s a topic that’s come up before and I’ve pointed out that Diablo’s core gameplay loop simply encourages people to bot. You can’t very well design a Diablo game that doesn’t incentivize botting without removing Diablo from the game.

Anything that’s grindy people are going to want to automate, and Diablo is by its very nature a grindy game.

It’ll lead to direct RMT in the form of people selling the tradeable items, though as I understand it it’s not like the people selling items aren’t selling people other things. The “video game cheating industry” is a billion dollar industry, sadly.

Even selling the cheat software can be rather lucrative, if you have good cheat software. Granted it’s not selling items directly in the game, but these people don’t just go away because they can’t sell items.

I also don’t think players who enjoy trading should be punished just because some people do bad things, especially when they could crack down on the people doing bad things.

But we could agree, on a relative basis, that today’s BoA D3 system has been far more effective at deterring RMT and pay sites compared to the original non-BOA D3V system?

1 Like