So now it's Caltrops?

With the new new rework of Nat’s are we looking at using Omryn’s Chain or Cape of the Dark Night for efficiency?

Does the belt have a ICD or does it always drop a Caltrops? If it means not needing caltrops on your skill bar, it could be worth it. But I’d bet using the belt slot for Guardian’s or Crimsons will be better.

The belt always drops a Caltrop on vault.

You’ll likely manually cast Caltrops:Bait the Trap.

Cast them at the exact same time, put them on keys 1+2. Put your spender on the right mouse to detonate.

You’ll be super tanky with 75% DR.

1 Like

No known ICD from few sources.

The thing that aggravates me, is they changed the set (which I suppose is good?) and then didn’t let us test it to see how clunky or not is.

It’s going to aggravate me to no end, if the people that promoted the change decide to not play it because it’s a “clunky mess” now.

Yeah, they should at least have let us test these new changes.

Edit:

Just from looking at the set it’s going to play similar to Uilianna’s where Spike Traps act like Seven-Sided Strike and Caltrops act like Cyclone Strike. Only it’ll take longer to set up because you have to hit Spike Traps 5 times with Caltops mixed in instead of the 2 button wonder that Uilianna’s is.

1 Like

I don’t think it will feel clunky. Spike Trap has an attack animation, but is fast @ 4APS with Trag’Oul Coils — that key detail has not yet been discussed. Trag’Oul Coils is essentially 100% AS buff. If you want to experience the difference in AS… go cast your Caltrops at 2APS, then unload 5 charges of Spike Trap — it is much quicker.

Does it stack stricken? If not… then do we spam our Spender on the guardian?

I suppose I could test this now.

I’m wondering if using the caltrops rune that deals damage as well as slows will build stricken stacks faster. I mean, the crit from Bait the Trap is kind of cool but when it comes to the Guardian, stacking Stricken faster is more important, yes?

I have doubts about Caltrop being considered an attack. It certainly wasn’t a hit, it didn’t proc the 2pc of Nats when I tested on PTR, including the DoT rune.

• Natalya’s Vengeance (4-piece bonus):
  • Laying a Spike Trap grants 60% damage reduction. The duration of this bonus is always equal to the number of already laid traps in seconds.
  • Spike Trap explosions will blast affected enemies towards the nearest set Caltrops. Laying a Spike Trap grants 75% damage reduction. The duration of this bonus is always equal to the number of already laid traps in seconds.

Anyone able to decipher if spike Traps and caltrops synergies?

The ST pushes towards caltrops, is it a lnockback function.

Lastly I hope it won’t become clunky.

I think now it’s just play a different set, honestly. I don’t see this not being miserable to play. Certainly killed my interest in it anyway.

I don’t think this will be miserable to play. It is so strong that even if you do a bad job managing the timings, you’ll still get great progress. You’ll work your butt off to clear GR140+ with UE, but you’ll completely outdo it playing N6 poorly.

It’s strong to a point where you won’t even need vault… you’ll just plant STs under your feet and blow a hole through whatever blocks your path.

They expertly leveraged this change into a buff for GoD. Now they’ll run GoD to gear up and use Nats for pushing.

1 Like

While it will likely be the most logical path on a normal season, this season theme is such a steroid that you may run GoD6 for everything if you stick around past 5k paragon.

Once this patch hits GoD will see 4-6 min 130s at 5kp. When S28 hits that’s going to translate to GR144s in 4-6min and consistent GR150 time attacks around 9-10min. Those who accrue 7-10k paragon might see scores around 6min with GoD6.

We need to figure out a way to cruise through GRs quickly with Natalya’s, working around that detonation chain bonus.

The nice thing with Natalya is that you can include Crimson and either Guardian or Aughilds. It ran very nicely on the strafe version that way. Sadly I am not certain this changed mechanic will be anywhere near as versatile or enjoyable.

First thing we need to do Tuesday is see if we can break this in case it needs a last minute adjustment.

I’m actually looking at 3-5 min 125’s with around 1500 to 2000 paragon.

You noted in a recent post to me, that I earned over 2900 paragon in the ethereal season. That season I completed a 140 with GoD using MoC over CoE and Fortress Ballista over Valla’s.

If I had used CoE, I would have topped out around GR 143. With the buff to GoD, that increases it to around about 147.

Now this season, the Altar without the potions, is stronger than ethereals were, so say I get 2 GR’s from that. Then throw in the potions, I’ll probably need less paragon than I needed in the ethereal season. Let’s just say around 2700 paragon.

That means I’m looking at a GR 150 this season with 2700 paragon or about half that 5000 paragon you estimate.

Basically, I intend to rock GoD all season and mess around with Nat’s once a standard playstyle is comes into being about a month into the season.

That’s my plan anyways.

Curious on how the reworked Natalya will work out, gonna keep on eye on the leaderboards once patch is live :slight_smile:

Might actually make a DH instead of Monk after reading your posts, looks like the power to do a gr150 is there, thanks for your calculations :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome. But your mileage may vary. In non-season, I’ve done a 133 with around 4100 paragon so that’s only 137 after the buff to GoD. So basically, I’m looking at a 13 GR buff from the theme and less paragon.

Can’t remember my highest GoD clear, my mind says 142 (ethereal season), I could be wrong though. Either way I intend to go hard on paragon like I did back then. Actually, I am gonna log in and check.

Edit* Just checked, I did a gr141 at paragon 4800, so gr150 in s28 should be within reach :slight_smile:

1 Like