So I decided to try a Crusader

With the season winding down, I thought I would fire up an Crusader and check it out. I have random legendaries and been playing around with all the abilities and the one that I think is a lot of fun is the Phalanx ability. I am wearing the Warhelm of Kassar and I cubed Unrelenting Phalanx shield and I am attempting to do an LoD build, but it just doesn’t do enough damage.

Is it just a broken build? Or is there another piece I can add to buff it up?

That’s pretty random, but you can do a legacy of dreams build with it. It’s not really for high level stuff, but might be fun for farming.

1 Like

i have phalanx build with lod all ancient almost perfect items, i put all the dps i could, but the dmg is not even enough for a gr80, and it kills pretty slow in t16, but still kills something, i think is also fun but its damage is outdated, blizz dont want a phalanx build

2 Likes

Phalanx simply doesn’t have sufficient damage multipliers. Of the 3 support items it has, only the helm buffs damage and that buff is just too small.

To make Phalanx even remotely practical, it needs a significant buff.

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses.
Not sure if Blizz will buff a Phalanx build any time soon, but I doubt they will.
I still might try Crusader in season 20 though, still haven’t decided. I like to try a new class each season. It’s between Crusader and Necromancer right now.

I have a full Legacy of Dreams - Ancient Geared Phalanx Build.

It is absolutely great for Torment VI rift farming. It can decently run bounties at Torment X. If I dropped in full augments using another build to level gems… It will cap out at Torment XIII.

The time and effort it takes to put together the god roll gear to make a phalanx build sing is really harsh. But it IS the fastest - sub Torment 10- farmer I’ve put together. It’s brainless and shines as a “Backup Recovery” toon in Seasonal Hard Core. Just put the set together as you find it and give it to an ALT. If you main dies, re-farm the startup gear using the phalanx build, then go back to Grifting on a fresh Alt. (Assuming of course, you want all that crusader gear).

It is a build that works really well, and then when you push it up one more torment, or one more grift level, it stops working entirely. So when it caps out, it caps out hard - and you really can get further - faster - on a standard 6 piece set toon with only a quarter of the effort.

Consider it a specialty niche build meant for two things - Gear Recovery and Power Leveling friends and acquaintances to keep the hard core train Rollin.

Edit
A basic rolands sweep build will quickly get you over the GR 70 hump early season to unlock your primal drops without bending over backwards on gem levels (and without augments). Its durable - tanky - and as long as your carefull - a slow efficient bulldozer to the mid game.

1 Like