So... How long does it take?

To restore our web profiles…?

This is starting to smell of guaging public outcry to potentially reclaiming shard space… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

It would be nice if they could get this fixed. I would like to see my own profile. Also, posters have wanted to see my profile online and vice versa. It is sometimes interesting to see who agrees and disagrees with your opinion.

3 Likes

Starting to look like they cannot fix it without giving away some other diablo game hints :yum:

3 Likes

Yes, something is going on here for sure.

Edit: Although it could be to add immortal stats (Heavy sigh)

That’s what RL friends are for. Do you really care what a bunch of anonymous nobodies that you don’t know and will never meet feel about you?

I guess I’m just too old for this newfangled social media fantasy. Living your life for upvotes and forum validation is not really living any kind of life at all.

2 Likes

I hear ya… The cynic in me says that “VL” (virtual life) ought to be an acronym contrasting with RL, but I bet it’s a little too…truthful, and poignant for some to digest and/or continue looking in mirrors. :wink:

More curiosity than anything else.

My family stills play D3 occasionally; however, my real life friends never did or stopped playing D3 years ago.

For example, if you make a post and the majority of people who like it are well represented across all classes and the majority who dislike it are a single class, it could mean that your post is offensive to that class or alternatively, that the negative commenters are strongly biased.

I tend to reread and edit my posts to catch spelling/grammatical errors and to make sure that my tone is respectful. Certainly, I do not fix all typos, etc…

Many very attractive female humans have wanted to see my profile but I can not provide which is upsetting them immensely.

6 Likes

Same, I was just informed by email, dozens of attractive single women in my area want to see my profile. Dozens!

4 Likes

I would like to see our D3 Armory Profiles fixed too.

But, if it’s really important to see someone’s Profile, or yours, just:

1. Go to D3 Planner.
  2. Click on the Import/Save tab.
  3. Enter the player’s BattleTag and click Search.
  4. If the Account is not found, change the Region.

It is probably because they have every employee locked in the fortress working 24/7 to have D4 ready for Blizzcon

or more likely,

the breakroom at the fortress has been out of doughnuts for the last month and the web guys are staging a sit in protest until the situation is rectified.

I doubt that’s the case since the website profiles (armory) use Diablo 3’s in-game API for the info. The most likely reason is that there are some things on the Battle.net backend that got royally screwed up when they did whatever they did that borked D3’s in-game clan and community functions. Best way to fix that kind of stuff is to take it all offline and get it all done in one fell swoop.

But since we’re on the outside here, all we can ultimately do is guess. Basically it boils down to it’ll be done when it’s done. Pissing and moaning won’t make it happen any faster. :slight_smile:

So email them the fix seeing as it’s so easy to fix

Someone could do a bug report. After all, it is not working and technically ‘broken’.

EDIT: *N.B. - Should anyone decide to do that, I did not say how well it would be received. :slight_smile:

If I understand it correctly, the QA Team reads the Bug Report Forums. The Web Team handles the site. I’m not sure if the QA Team would pass this information along.

I guess it wouldn’t hurt to leave this thread here and continue commenting here:

There’s already a stickied thread acknowledging that it’s broken…

1 Like

That’s the one I was looking for. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :blush: