So how is paragon to grif levels related?

I’m trying to get a rule of thumb on when to proceed to the next tier and do it in a safe manner so my char does not end up dead as usual. I never got this figured out and returned a couple weeks ago. I been trying to find some information on it but most of the info I find is dealing with high paragon level and high tier GR’s Newbie stuff does not explain the paragon stuff or I just can’t find it?

Just to explain this confusion a little bit:

I made a seasonal char because I was having trouble with T3 mobs on my crusader in non-seasonal with under 600 paragon. I wasn’t expecting to get far with the build but just wanted to see how the paragon affected the GR run. To my shock the difference that I expected, the seasonal character was running around T6 with under 200 paragon one shot everything including bosses. My other can’t seem to survive T3 tier.

Of course the crusader in non-season does not have a great set of gear so maybe it is just gear difference?

Most class sets are able to speed through T6.
Having all gear for your build should be able to speed through T16.
You should be able to speed through GR75 under 2 minutes after reaching Paragon 800.
Seasoned veterans may be able to speed through them sooner or while they finish the Guardian journey.

I’ve been able to speed through Greater Rift 90 under 2 minutes (around Paragon 1200 now). This includes Ancients/Augments and Strength for Whirlwind Barbarian.

Work on your gems, skills, and enchantments to improve your time.

1 Like

The way I understand it the scale of damage dealt by mobs is around 20% more each tier so elemental damage has to be migrated through toughness. I may be wrong but isn’t toughness what paragon levels is?

1 Like

Having more Strength for a Barbarian does equate to more Toughness/Armor. However, there are skills and items that reduces damage by 50% more or less. Strength/Paragon/Augments is simply damage and toughness. Don’t forget resistances.

I made a SC character to test the build out and work trough the death issues just to find out what needs to be done to reach survival level. The resistances and damage reduction is great advice!