Smoke Screen Cooldown Q

D3Planner does not allow the cooldown to be reduced to below 0.5 seconds. Does this limit still exist (at CDR 67%+), or did this get eliminated or otherwise changed when SS was changed to have its cooldown begin after the skill ended?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/class/demon-hunter/active/smoke-screen

This ability does not start its cooldown until after its effects expire.

:point_up_2:

Probably it is the reason why few players use this skill. Perhaps only RF/Straft player will use it instead of vault.

To clarify, my question is regarding the length of the cooldown, not when it begins. I understand it starts after the skill’s duration. I am asking if it is accurate that it cannot be reduced to less than 0.5 seconds, or if that is in error on D3Planner.

I see what you mean now.
I’ve played around with d3planner. It does stop at 0.5 second (at around 66.67% CDR).
Change rune to Vanishing Powder (6s cooldown). It correctly reduces to 1.77s at 70.53% CDR.
I don’t think that it is an error on d3planner; more likely a hard cap that we don’t know.

This is a good question, I have not tested this and but it should be straightforward to test with a channeling pylon (just use Smokescreen and see if you’re vulnerable for 0.5 seconds or less).

The cooldown for sure does not start until after Smokescreen ends, this was patched years ago to prevent “perma-smoke” DHs from basically going 100% invincible. It also really ruined PVP (although this wasn’t the only problem)!

If D3planner is indeed correct, it might be a hard limit coded into skills so that the cooldown cannot ever reduce to below 0.5 seconds. There are some short (maybe 20-30 frames) internal cooldowns on skills that don’t have a cooldown just to prevent accidental double casting (e.g. many of the extended duration buffs like Storm Armor).