Sluggishly slow on getting hit?

Hey folks, I’m fairly new to the crusader. I’ve got him all set up with the Aegis of Valor Heaven’s Fury build as per icy-veins. I’m having an issue that I remember reading about once, before I built the sader, but I haven’t been able to locate it again since.

I keep getting ridiculously, sluggishly, slow. I think it happens when I get hit, I’m honestly not sure. If I cast Akarat’s Champion while slowed it marginally helps.

The hunt for better equipment is still going strong, and I’m constantly looking for better items. I’ll blow through a few GR90’s with my DH, then have the sader use the blood shards.

With the sader I’ve worked my way up to GR35, upping my legendary gems (four, one for templar) as I go. I noticed that the main difference between GR30 and GR35 is that everything isn’t a one shot kill anymore. If I can get a shield pylon then the level is a cakewalk and I’m usually in the high 90% when the shield vanishes, even if the pylon is at the beginning of the first level. I haven’t died since setting him up this way, but the moving like molasses in Siberia is really grating on my nerves. I’ve watched a number of videos with the same build and it doesn’t happen to anyone, which further makes me wonder if a) I’ve done something wrong, or b) am missing something.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/gabisdaddi-1770/hero/121075202

Any useful advice would be most appreciative!

Thanks! :smiley:

You are currently using Stone Gauntlet in cube, if you can’t maintain 100% uptime on akarat champion, you will be slowed down. Also keep in mind that crusader isnt known for being the fastest class around in solo spec, so dont expect going as fast as some other classes.

Aha! I knew I read about the slowing somewhere!

So Arakat’s Champion… Is the Prophet rune, with the 150% additional armor, what keeps us from getting hit thus not getting us slowed? I’m guessing then that Arakat’s should be numlocked?

Edit: Now that I have that understood better, I’ve jumped up to GR65, which I’m typically completing in less than six minutes.

Ice Climber boots will also negate the slow down of Stone Gauntlets.

No. Arakat’s Champion grants Unstoppable, which makes you immune to all CC in the game, including the self-slow from Stone Gauntlets. Iron Skin also grants Unstoppable. Ice Climbers grants immunity to Slow and Freeze effects, and Stone Gauntlets counts as a slow. Steed Charge grants immunity to Slow during it’s effect as well. Finally, there is a legendary gem which, while it has a poor main effect, has permanent Unstoppable as a lvl 25 effect.

Now, you say that you are doing GR 35? You should be able to do at LEAST GR 90 with your current gear setup. Do you have Ring of Royal Granduer in the cube? If you do not, you are losing both the 3 piece of Captain Crimsons and the 6 piece of Aegis of Valor, which is a gargantuan damage loss as well as a small defensive loss.

Note that Pain Enhancer is only effective at high GRs where mobs do not instantly die, but where instead the optimal play is to gather the entire rift into a single group, where Pain Enhancer can easily grant 60%+ attack speed for longer periods of time, thus granting an incredible amount of attack speed.

I would suggest swapping Pain Enhancer for either Gogok’s (The 15% attack speed and CDR will greatly improve the feel of AoV) or Zei’s (For both the large attack bonus when you are far away from the target combined with the consistent small stuns that procs Bracers of Fury).

Also note that while it’s not explicitly stated in game, Followers do not benefit from ANY legendary gem in the game at all. This has been extensively tested. Thus, you are better off using simple stat gems on all available sockets, if not rolling sockets off entirely for additional CDR, if not Gold and Magic Find.

1 Like