"Slow Time" bubble is always orange with "Crown of Primus"

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

Currently, if “Crown of the Primus” is equipped or cubed, then color of Wizard’s “Slow Time” bubble is always orange (“Time Warp” rune color).

Thus overriding:

1. Color of player selected skill “Slow Time” on skill bar,
  2. Default runeless color of “Delsere’s Magnum Opus” set (DMO).

(Additional info on DMO set WITHOUT crown: set does not override color of player selected skill “Slow Time”. And if no skill on bar, then bubble has default runeless color)

Expected result

I did some research and long time ago (version ~2.4 and earlier) color was based on highest elemental damage type. Old discussions as evidence:

More info, in case it helps

based on those old descriptions from reddit, here is example how I would expect it to work

Step 1. Check if “Slow Time” on skill bar. If true, then color based on selected rune, else go to step 2.

Step 2. Get PC’s max damage types (% cold, fire, arcane, lightning):

• if got 1 highest damage type, then color based on that element (see below).
  • if got multiple or all zero, then default color.

Using existing game resources, colors by damage types:

• Arcane - “Exhaustion” rune color - purple bubble with slow white particles;
  • Lightning - “Point of no return” rune color - blue bubble with fast orange particles;
  • Fire - “Time Warp” rune color - orange bubble with fast orange particles;
  • Cold and default - runeless or “Time Shell” rune color - green bubble with slow white particles.
1 Like

Crown of Primis as been upgraded to have Slowtime follow you constantly. That is why.

Thanks for your feedback, but it’s unlikely this change caused color issue since it was introduced in 2.7.4 version (2022). And reports found on reddit are dated 2015-2016 so I suppose it started somewhere between 2.2 and 2.4.

1 Like