Slow & Poor Performance - Nintendo Switch

What is Blizzard doing to improve the performance of Diablo 3 on the Nintendo Switch?

I have owned the D3 Switch bundle since release day back in November 2018 and Nintendo was recently unable to help me with this. Same with your ticket support system.

We were promised a consistent 60 FPS and the game constantly experiences slowdowns. I think this happens partially because of the Switch’s hardware (I see this happening playing solo), but this happens most of the time playing online, be it 2, 3, or 4-man. Since either Blizzard or Nintendo decided to not use dedicated D3 Nintendo servers, one user within a group has to act like a host. From what I understand, any network slowdowns from any of the users causes a compounded lag for all other users within the group. When this happens, the game can slow to a crawl, probably something in the range of 10 FPS. The game becomes totally unplayable.

I have experienced this problem over Wifi and using Ethernet (docked mode). I have a 50 Mbps FTTN DSL connection which is more than stable, so the problem is not my end. The system just becomes unforgivable if participating players experience network difficulties. And because there is absolutely zero communication possible on Nintendo Switch, it’s impossible to coordinate with people to ensure they use Ethernet and resolve any networking problems they may have.

I would really appreciate if this was looked into. I paid almost $500 CAD for this portable Diablo 3 system and it’s just unplayable most of the time.

1 Like

Agreed, same experience here. I have a docked hard wired connection at 60 MBPS and still have constant problems with lag even when all other players in the game also have hard-wired connections with good connection speeds. Not to mention that there is no other way to communicate with other players outside of using a third party software like Discord.

1 Like

One thing to consider. The game loads stash on start up in memory. When you are playing, if you have 350 stash, that is loaded up into memory every time… start playing in groups of people, and if each person has 350 stash, that will mess with the fps among other issues with lag.

on consoles we found a work around with this. Mules. some have multiple psn accounts, or don’t use all their characters up on their main account, and put all the extra stuff they don’t use on a regular basis, either on the stash of a mule, or in the inventory of another character since characters can hold 60 items.

1 Like