Skill options disappear after using Armory

On my Hardcore monk I used the Armory Set for the first time this season. Saved my sets in Armory1 & Armory2. I then tired to change my skill sets. I wanted to use Cyclone on my monk, but that skill option cannot be reached, because its gone. The left & right arrows to scroll through skills no longer exist.

I hopped on my seasonal witch doctor, that I hadn’t used in a while. Tried changing his skills. The left & right arrows in skill options are gone as well.

Check that Elective Mode (in Options, Gameplay) is still enabled… you may have turned it off by accident.

If you mean your PTR heroes… the Options on PTR are independent of your Options on Live Realms… and the default for Elective Mode is disabled. You need to activate it there too.

Tip: If you play both PTR and Live, make it easy on yourself. There should be two preference files stored on your computer for D3. On a PC they’re in your Documents\Diablo III folder.

1. D3Prefs.txt
  2. D3PrefsPTR.txt

I change a lot of Options, especially with the Key Bindings. So, I open the D3Prefs.txt file and copy everything in it. Next, I open the D3PrefsPTR.txt file, “Select All” and paste the D3Prefs info into it.

Now, whether I play Live or PTR, all my Options are the same.  

Many settings are not stored in prefs.txt. I’m sure key bindings aren’t.
I think mainly video, sound, cutscene settings are in the txt file. Other settings are stored in server.

Hmm… Okay. It’s was many years ago when I did this.

Thank you. You got it right. I don’t know how I turned it off, unless I press some hotkey that did it automatically. Thanks for your posts & help.

1 Like