Single player ubers, ladder only runewords, Dclone

Has anyone heard anymore about single player; more specifically about whether or not ladder runewords will be allowed on single player along with ubers and dclone? I used to play online all the time but as of now my internet is not good enough to play online and I would like to do ubers, dclone and create ladder only runewords on single player without using mods. If I have to, then I will use mods but I would prefer not to.

19 Likes

I hope so. There will be times I am without internet, and would like to be able to play with these things enabled.

16 Likes

Here is no word for it from Blizzard. However, some people are asking for it.

1 Like

As someone who has mostly played single player in D2 for many years, I would love for this to happen.

11 Likes

I think itā€™s really important for a console like the Switch, specifically.

I live in the country, and often I will be outside of internet range, travelling, etc. Would be nice to be able to play the whole game, working towards ubers, etc.

Otherwise, Iā€™m likely to play BotW2 only, which probably wonā€™t have the same long-term appeal as building up chars on SP.

8 Likes

With the shared stash Iā€™m looking forward to just gradually leveling one of each class and transferring stuff around

Iā€™m talking doing /players 8 and getting a guy to lvl 20ish and just farming andariel+countess

Then sending low lvl god roll loot out to each of my classes.

Only move onto act 2 once each of them are lvl 20, and decked out with top rares,sets,uniques for that level

Then repeat the process for act2ā€¦ 3ā€¦ 4ā€¦
Nightmareā€¦
Hellā€¦

All classes self found and decked out along the way

Now this will take forever but itā€™s the journey that itā€™s all about

4 Likes

I play SP similarly. Love the slow grind. I hope all content is in SP as well

8 Likes

Mods solve this problem. I sure they will leave it to them. Being they want to keep to the original I donā€™t think they will change it

It really is the best way to play. Makes the journey so rewarding. Yea ladder runewords be good

2 Likes

Mods donā€™t solve the issue with consoles.

6 Likes

I really hope that they will make ladder runewords available for singleplayer, especially on consoles where you canā€™t use any mods for it.

8 Likes

i really hope we can just drop the whole bs ā€œladder onlyā€ thing altogether
there is no reason to lock things behind ladder, it effectively kills NL expericene for people who (like me) want to play online and would play ladder even but just donā€™t like to reset as often as blizzard does.

but now Iā€™m FORCED to reset, i mean i really like staring over and playing ladder with the same time as everyone else, but i want to start on MY terms when Iā€™M readyā€¦ and not be like " oh im 1 sur away from my ā€œprideā€ rwā€¦ guess iā€™ll have to wait until next ladder season and just rush that item so i can hopefully finish it before the season endsā€¦

end this BS this is probaly the most important change they can doā€¦
i love d2 but if they shorten the ladder season AND donā€™t get rid of this ā€œladder onlyā€ BS

idk how long iā€™ll continue to playā€¦ maybe 2-5 yearsā€¦ but it wont be ā€œ20 moreā€

3 Likes

Ladder is fun, and Iā€™m glad there are incentives.

This is the awesome part of Diablo2 decision making. Do I sell off my runes? how close am I to ladder reset? can I make infinity in the next 2 weeks or should I trade the Ber I have for something else?

1 Like

so in other words you are saying ā€œits ok for other to suffers because i donā€™t have toā€

i dont WANT to play ladder. but Iā€™m FORCED to.

i would very happy only play ladder every few season and the finish my builds on non-ladder and play that maybe 50-75% fo the time
except i cantā€¦ because of this stupid restriction, it prevents me from having full access to the game.
from playing as intended

i would be pretty damn pissed if they didnā€™t get rid of this. i do enjoy ladder seasons. but only every once in a whileā€¦ i would ideally play nonladder most of the timeā€¦ but Iā€™m not allowed to
because ever since 1.10 they made ladder only stuffā€¦ stuff that i NEED for my build. stuff that FORCES me to play ladder.

you are bring incredibly selfish and not considering how this hurts other a lot.

this is one of the few thing i actully really liked about d3ā€¦ seasonal items could be found in nonseasonal characters the season afterā€¦
its been 18 freaking yearsā€¦

quit your ā€œincentiveā€ BS and let me play the game the way I want to.

4 Likes

I like ladder seasons.

I play the economy game in D2, itā€™s what I enjoy most other than playing with friends and family and PvP.

If they added ladder runewords and uniques, I would never have to remake a ladder MFsorc, ever.

I kinda like the grind to find items right at the start of the ladder, sell them for a profit, make deals, trade, make more profitā€¦

If that is eliminated, I would almost certainly never make another ladder character again, other than maybe once a year just for the restart, if that.

I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to call someone selfish because they disagree with changes youā€™d like in a remastered game. Like you said, itā€™s been years and years why should they change it now.

Should I call you selfish because you want to change a part of the game I enjoy? no. So why would it be fair for you to say that?

1 Like

Hmm, you might be pushing things with ā€˜bsā€™.

1 Like

It would be honestly very weird if they would dont activate it on SP.

7 Likes

Agree. I normally really like single player, but Iā€™d probably hesitate to make a char if they didnā€™t.

2 Likes

Sorry to disappoint, i donā€™t remember where they said it but they referred to it saying they wont add non ladder runewords to SP because it will divert players from multiplayer and these systems are in place as an incentive for playing multiplayer

i plan to play on battle.net 90% or more of the time. i would still like to have these things on single player. every now and then it would be fun to do it solo. now that i think about it though, it wont be that big of a difference. they said we wont have to perm characters for 2 hours anymore and we wont have to worry about inactive characters getting deleted every 3 months. only real difference is if you have access to the internet at a particular time.

1 Like