Single player Runewords

I’m all for ladder only runewords being available for single player, but keep in mind that d2r will have mod support. So if the game doesn’t launch with the runewords available for single player, a mod is something that could easily solve that problem.

I’m personally someone who plays single player but I will play the first season on ladder and if the runewords aren’t available for sp when I get around to starting it then I have no problems using a mod to enable them (and I don’t think anyone else should have a problem with it as a lot of sp players play on plugy anyway)

1 Like

No sure how mods will work with cross-save. I would like to have the game both on PC and PlayStation. Sadly I do not have PC around where my little son is sleeping and night is the only time, when I can play :slight_smile:

5 Likes

+1 Can’t agree more with this.

5 Likes

Exactly, that is the primary reason most people use it (and why the announcement of the expanded, and shared stash was met with such positivity). I guess the Diablo 2 ladder was a novel thing back then, and they wanted to incentivize people to engage in the ladder by giving it unique itemization and mechanics.

But in this day and age - where the gaming market is no longer a niche market, and where accessibility is of utmost importance, restricting SP doens’t make sense. There will be more than enough people online to support the ladder. Discriminating against people who prefer the Single Player experience, or don’t have a stable connection to Blizzard’s servers is wrong. They paid for the game and should have full access to all in-game itemization and systems in SP, including Ubers and a way of summoning the Diablo Clone, currently only available through mods or in the online ladder.

I realize that mods will come out to fix this, but I really don’t like mods in general, and having to install them. I’d much prefer the base game simply be fully featured from the get go.

11 Likes

+1 here
No point to force peaple to use mods.
Just give them real ladder experianec in SP. anyway they payed for that game even if you dont wanna play on bnet.
On bnet you can choose ladder or non ladder, why on SP theres no choice?
no point of this. Give us full game plz.

11 Likes

Plus 1 for this option.

5 Likes

lets hope for the best and thx for supporting this

4 Likes

+1 after all bonus in offline after end of season, I can wait 3 or 4 months if i can get strong items from ladder later.

3 Likes

there should be specific runewords for single player and battlenet runewords

I agree. Ladder only runewords on single player would be 100% amazing

5 Likes

Okay let’s say it happens. Then what does online game offer in contrast? The leaderboard?

I don’t think I would play and go through fighting for loot online, if I can get the same stuff in SP. Exclusive ladder items are there for the difficulty and the feel of rush to get them each ladder season. Take that exclusivity away, then all thats left is leaderboard for a bunch of try-hards or friends who want to play online.

I kind of agree with you there… Making Ladder only runewords gives us purpose to play ladder multiplayer

So you lock part of the game for us just to feel better about playng online? In 2021 ?
sp gamers will mod it anyway

2 Likes

You can mod current D2 characters with hero editor to any God level you want. Give them 99999 stats and even mod gear to God level, then you can enjoy one hitting everything and being invincible. You can do all that right now.

The concept to get those items online by racing with the time available and other players is an important exclusivity to ladders. Take that away, then the only point to play ladder is to play with friends or to be #1 on leaderboard. Ergo ladders would be dead. Only a few try-hards would be racing for leaderboard and friends playing hidden pw protected servers.

As I heard, It wont be Personal Loot either gems/runes stacking? If Loot filter is the same as Personal Loot.

Well ladder was always for tryhard no change there. I have job, kids etc… i want full game experience in sp at my own pace

6 Likes

I’d like the ladder to last longer, like at most Bi-annual resets.

1 Like

Why would this make the current ladder “dead”?
There is already a large single player community, most of which now already use mods to enable ladder runewords (check for example diabloii SPF). So basically adding it in the game in stead of via mods, does not change anything from what is currently reality? In my opinion just a QOL.

Single player community back in the day introduced colouring of rune drops so that they stand out more from other drops… this was later taken over by the game in a patch.

By excluding ladder only runewords from single player, you basically tell everyone that does not have the ability to play online that they can not enjoy that content (e.g. bad connection, or business VPN which currently even leads to temporary bans, so not playable that way). The players solve this by installing mods, which then makes it difficult to play online, because you need to uninstall the mods, in order to go online. So including it in the original game, will even have more people come online, I think, because they do not have to install/ uninstall mods.

For me personaly: I play online for multiplayer and to join ladder season (race to the top) I play single player, because of bad lags on battle net (I play Hardcore, so game freezes are quite deadly, if there is lots of lag, I switch to single player offline). So I think they can co-exist.

6 Likes

I would go online. I have no chances in leaderboards and ofc the maps are always generated randomly with every game, making it harder to farm on your own. This kind of is made up for, because online you have trade, so you only have to find any valuable item, instead of the really rare items for your class in order to get an upgrade.

But just being able to play D2R online with a bunch of super hyped people will be amazing! And when it comes to drops, you can still play on your own.

1 Like

The reason why all of you want ladder items, is the same reason you will have to play ladder to get them. You just don’t want to accept, but having those items only ladder will encourage you to play ladder in order to get them. You wouldn’t touch ladder if you could just play SP to get those items because you even went this far to open a thread like this or to reply to it and argue about it. It matters that much to you, so you will play ladder.