Since D3 is now part of Classic Games - Offline Mode time

It’s high time we got a full offline mode. There’s no excuse for its absence now.

Might as well give us 50 offline stash tabs and double the toon slots while you’re at it. It will all be stored locally, so the “server cannot handle the strain” excuse don’t cut it no more. Online mode can stay as it is.

Its function will be simple:

:zap:Toons created to use in Offline mode CANNOT be used in Online games. Seasons, Challenge rifts & leaderboards of all kinds would be online-exclusive. This would keep “competition” free from hacked godly items/toons - looking at you, Open Bnet.

:zap:Toons created for Online games will be stored server-side and CANNOT be used in Offline mode. Just like it is now.

If you elect to play offline, you’ll have to start from scratch. No gold, no XP, no gear, no mats, no toons carrying over from Online mode. It would be as if you’re playing on a brand new account***.

***This would exclude cosmetics obtained from seasons. You will keep wings, portraits, pennants & Conqueror transmogs that you’ve earned in any region. Any cosmetic that can be obtained in-game AT ANY TIME will NOT carry over.

Date-exclusive events like Kanai & Darkening of Tristram in Offline mode…make them permanently active or something.

You will still have to go online, say, once a week, to validate the game license (if you’re playing exclusively offline). If you choose to turn your router/modem off or are experiencing an internet blackout, this should give you enough time to sort out your connectivity issues.

Otherwise, license validation can be done whenever you access your online toons, just like it is now.

No more excuses.

28 Likes

I would like to see an offline mode for d3, but i think this will not happen, mostly because a lot of people will just crack d3 and play it without pay, so probably that is the reason because d3 has offline mode in consoles and is not a thing on PC.

2 Likes

I’d like classic D3 Offline

3 Likes

So what? It’s a 7.5 year old game, safe to say Blizz won’t make much more money out of it by this stage. And console version is already cracked, so there ya go.

5 Likes

The only time that the PC version of this game gets an offline mode is when they decide to shut the servers down permanently. Then we might get it, till then console>>>>>

Console already gives that feature and I don’t think that Blizz would hand it to PC even this late in the game’s life. Want to play the game offline then do it on one of the consoles or NS. Otherwise you can just keep dreaming.

1 Like

Guys, this is a clear sign D4 is in works. We’ll get some updated legendaries and that’s it! Asking for more for a game that’s closing doors is a bit too much honestly… Think about this: if they would have wanted to change D3 they wouldn’t have cancelled King Of North expansion and didn’t start working on next Diablo.

1 Like

I prefer this… for offline mode (made it years ago…) :roll_eyes:

Anyway seasons and cosmetics could be done, just by downloading a separate patch for offline mode everytime a new seasons starts.

If Offline mode for D3 RoS (modding too, but only for offline mode ofc) was announced on Blizzcon 2019, to be released on Christmas I probably would buy D4 (if it ever gets released) even if it end up worse than D3 did on release…

This would be the best Blizzcon for Diablo fans in years if not ever.

Otherwise I don’t care about Blizzcon…

1 Like

Oh really? You probably never played D2 LoD than. Just because some people used torrented or illegal copies of D2 LoD doesn’t mean everyone did. I purchased a Diablo 2 Collectors Edition years ago, than I bought Lord of Destruction…

What Dj is suggesting is basically the same thing how D2 LoD worked.

You could mod the hell out of D2 LoD, but couldn’t play with mods in multiplayer games…

7 Likes

Any sort of offline mode is simply inviting pirated versions to be wildspread on the web and modded servers. You’re asking Blizzard to give a backdoor for a cracked version voluntarily.
Since Blizzard don’t like modded servers and potential revenue splits (most fan servers run on ad money but some take donations), they will carry this to the court when cease&desist letters didn’t work. That law enforcements also cost them money to begin with, so they take the easiest way and just don’t oblige.

Also I can not see how that would work unless there are two separated versions for playing offline and online, that double the download size. They won’t tag along an offline mode for PC with the current game because that means their crucial files will be given to player to modify them for free.
And no, console versions developed with different framework or runtime environment than the PC version and some parts may be coded with Assembly while others covered with C# or C++ by different ratios; it’s NOT the same thing.

If they wanted players to have fun in an offline mode, I guess they can manage that with a small SDK release and a shareware version that works offline for running modifications. That’s way far and better solution from the original PC game model you suggested. If you still wanna enjoy the offline mode, I suggest you to consider buying a console or at least a Switch handheld or its emulator for PC.

1 Like

You could, but only in Open Bnet. It allowed you to use your offline toons ONLINE - which was the downfall of D2 online play. Rife with griefers and trolls with hacked godly toons and gear, just oneshotting every player on sight.

Closed Bnet is what D3 has. Toons are saved server-side and cannot be hacked.

And after the hideous performance of servers all day today, offline mode has never been more appropriate. It’s like every single Asian player decided to bot today all day and clog up the servers.

Constant ping spikes, game menu borderline unresponsive, feels like you’re moving through water, died a gazillion times in a grift that only half an hour earlier took me 5-6 minutes to complete and needed 80k gold to repair everything at the end, due to the ping spikes.

Right…because it was so impossible for Blizzard North to accomplish it in the 90s.

PS: noone gives a fart about D3’s download size considering it’s just 17gb, when the average AAA title these days is at least 30gb.

1 Like

They could just release only Adventure Mode offline mode for free.

Remove the campaign mode, challenge rifts, achievements and set dungeons completely. Red Necromancer Wings and the ones from set dungeons could be obtained from the Platinum in game Merchant.

Add a new currency like there is/was on chinese servers called platinum which could be used to buy item cosmetics, wings and new loot pets. This currency could be farmed in game let’s say only elites would drop:

• 5 platinum on T16
  • 4 platinum on T15
  • 3 platinum on T14
  • 2 platinum on T13
  • 1 platinum on T12

These currency could also be bought from Blizzard store for:

250 platinum - 5$
500 platinum - 10$
1000 platinum - 20$

There would be a new Merchant selling cosmetics in game. The prices of cosmetics could look like this for example:

• Wings - 2500-10000 platinum
  • Loot pets - 2000-8000 platinum
  • Item cosmetics - 1000-4000 platinum

There would be 10 new different wings, loot pets and item cosmetics available to buy from the merchant. There would be a different merchant per every act selling 2 different of wings, loot pets and item cosmetics.

With each season Blizz could add 2 new wings, loot pets and item cosmetics to the game.

Also this currency would be hard coded to drop at max 5 platinum from elites only. So you could not mod it to 10, 100 or 1000 per elite…

Everything else could be modded to whatever you want within limits the code allows. For example you could only mod the current max 10% damage you get on weapons to max 50% (it would be hard coded). Same with other affixes or exp values per rift, GR etc…

It would require a lot of work, but if done, it would restore faith in Blizz and show they actually care about their playerbase and have a heart other than just squeze the last dolar or euro out of us…

The reason for the currency to be bought from Blizzard store is that they actually gain something from giving us Adventure Mode offline for free

1 Like

Why would they just release adventure mode for offline? If they did release a offline version of the game, it would be the entire game, no different from how the consoles have the entire game and not just adventure mode.

2 Likes

If they release the whole game for free offline, no one will buy D3 RoS. Everyone will just download the free full game offline version…

So if you like doing campaign mode, set dungeons buy the current D3 RoS.

Honestly everyone only plays adventure mode, so why worry about not getting campaign or set dungeons which most people just can’t stand anyway…

Also no one would buy console version if they can download the full game for free on their PC or Mac…

Considering how little people play campaign mode, and/or participate in set dungeons unless required by seasonal achievement, how would releasing adventure mode for free entice people to buy the full game, when everything outside of adventure mode and rifts is mostly ignored as it is. If it was the other way around, where the campaign was released for free so people could try it out, I can see the logic, but adventure mode? I don’t see the enticement.

Also people would still buy and play the console as you have those who prefer console play over pc, so you can’t say “no one would buy the console version”.

Some people also like to do chalenge rifts and gain achievements, so they would have to buy D3 RoS to get these features, cause Adventure Mode would for free, but with an option to buy the new currency for real money, so those who don’t want to spend hours or days on farming platinum to get the cosmetics they want can just buy it.

There could also be some other things added to the platinum merchant and Blizz store (maybe primal platinum only legendaries). Yeah it would make the game kinda pay to win, but honestly not really as you could just mod whatever you want anyway, but this time you would also farm platinum aside of crafting materials.

At one side there are few worthless achievements for money and at the other side you’re talking about free whole game experience if we’re talking on practical terms. You have to play Campaign first to unlock Adventure Mode and you’re talking about giving it away freely. How does that even make sense?
How about they give Campaign for free and sell the Adventure Mode? If Campaign mode is so important, it’d be a shame to keep it behind a paywall for instance.

If they ever decide to do that and lock achievements behind a paywall; they ought to find a place to utilize those achievement points for greater good. Considering 99% of game population simply plays Adventure Mode unless they need to do CR at season start or have to unlock Adventure Mode at non-season for the first time; it’s not a good idea.

And now you want p2w despite being against trading at another thread? That’s sorta… Rich? Trollish? I donno.

And there will be modded unofficial servers that Blizzard have to sue one by one as well. If Blizzard don’t abuse this, then another modded server will.

You can’t do GRs in campaign mode -.-…

The whole point of maing Adventure mode is to check how far can you using your build with lets say 10k paragon, which wouldn’t be a problem as you could just tweak the numbers on exp awards after completing GRs (modding).

You won’t know how far you can go in GRs if you release campaign mode only and if they did everyone would ignore it as there’s no fun in it if there’s no sense of accomplishment…

With free adventure mode you could test the limits of your builds, you can’t do this right now, cause getting to 10k paragon or having 600-750 caldesans is only possible if you play META groups or builds only for 8-10+ hours a day…

This could also allow to test how strong a build really is, rgith now we only have theorycrafting…

So… that’d be a privilege for the paying customer and that’s FAIR. Because in China they have the vanilla D3 for free and they have to pay for RoS. You’re suggesting exactly reverse. They won’t give the entirety of endgame for free, neither they will make it offline. Get a console or handheld, really.

Just because in China they have campaign mode doesn’t mean we have to parrot them…

I guess some people are against anything to make life easier or check how far you can go with specific builds or how strong they are.

Sure now you’ll say you could do the same in campaign mode, but campaing mode is just horrible compared to adventure mode…

If we had Adventure mode in D2 LoD no one would play campaign as much as they play it right now…

It’s pointless to explain it as you just can’t seem not to get it…

I don’t want to spend years just to test things or how far I can go, but you won’t get it anyway no matter how many arguments you’d get…

Right now only botters and cheaters can test the limits of their builds with their 10k+ paragons and 750 caldesans, everyone else can only dream of it unless they join bots or run meta groups 24/7…

Company policies do however. I’m talking about what’s fair, I couldn’t care that you feel cheated or not. It’s easy; if you wanna do GRs, you buy the game. Otherwise that’d be a massive middle finger to anyone who bought RoS with classic game.

That doesn’t exactly fare with your view for customer model who are willing to pay for a game mode that nobody plays. Such digital monetization profits will be subject to tax cuts here and potential interest is not big enough to shave off a few more percentage it seems. Nobody is going to pay for Campaign and potential interest for a P2W model is small enough for them to ignore it.
No gaming company would care about any individual as they try to appeal to masses. You were against free market now asking for free primals for p2w model.

Even with 10k paragon, a crappy low tier build won’t budge anyway. Paragons only stands for diminishing randomization on rift generation; limits are stricted than you people think.

1 Like