Simple ideas to buff non-meteor builds

Raise the cap on Flame Blade stacks. Dunno how high it would have to go, but it’s something to look at since even Firebird wizards are using non-fire meteors.

Find a way to get Wand of Woh’s extra explosions to trigger Firebird’s bonus damage.

Bring back Mirrorbird. If mirrorbird as it was is too much, fine-tune the Mirror Images skill with a global damage penalty while mirror images are out.

Let Delsere’s zero-cooldown teleport work inside the Slow Time bubble that follows you around while wearing Crown of the Primus. This effectively gives back Frozen Orb builds their fourth cube slot from season 22(?), as those builds had nothing better than Aetherwalker to put in it.

1 Like

Firebird needs some nasty item reworks. Right now the only working build is Flame Blades and that’s not good at all. What I would do:

1. Mirrorbird
Reenable pet interactions. Apply the “Mirror Images deal 10% your damage” rule to the mechanic. That’s too harsh a nerf, though… so afterwards rework “Archmage’s Vicalyke” to grant all Mirror Image runes and increase the damage to 50% your damage.

2. Magic Missile
Change Mirrorball again to implement the S27 crucible power. This way you can play Firebird with Magic Missile. Needs another +50% attack speed modifier to signature skills somewhere.

3. Explosive Blast - add a legendary power to Atrophy (craft wand)
Doubles the explosion radius of Explosive Blast, triples the damage dealt and applies the short fuse rune effect. Explosive Blast now also detonates on enemies burned by you.

4. Electrocute
Rework Mykens and Velvet Camaral. I have some ideas, but won’t post the details here. End result should be that you can cast “Fire” Electrocute with the effect of the Chain Lightning rune, doubled number jumps and greatly increased attack rate.

Although not a Wizard player (my least played class), I love the Vyr Archon build. I remember when it used to be the strongest in the game 10 or so seasons ago. It’s very unique. No other build can change its form and skills in the bar. It would be amazing to see Vyr getting buffed in the future. I don’t necessarily expect it to become an S - Tier again, but if it lands on A - Tier that would make me play Wizard way more.

1 Like

Chantodo’s set got a nerf around then related to how it benefits from attack speed. Not sure how much, but it might’ve been around 50%. Reverting that change could be nice.