Shadow's Mantle Set Dungeon bugged?

While in the “Dungeon of the Shadow’s Mantle,” I attempted to master the set dungeon. I was unable to complete the dungeon, or continue past 2:23 (my first attempt) although I completed the dungeon; 2:22 (my second attempt), and the third time was 2:13. I realized this, because it said I had 5 minutes to complete it AFTER it failed me at those times, although I never saw the timer. I was in discord with my friends saying it felt bugged. So here I am reporting reporting it. I was playing on my seasonal Demon Hunter, Rowan. Please help? Each time I was failed, I reached around the back end of the map, south/south-east/east of the starting location. No matter how fast or slow I attempt to clear.

Anyone else having these issues? Any response is thoroughly appreciated. I have cleared both objectives, just was 14 mobs away from Mastering it, and the dungeon fails me…three times!! :frowning:

Yes, this set dungeon seems to be a little bit bugged. There was a similar report in the german forums, so I add a screenshot here for clarity. (I hope I understand you correctly).
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/1M5TQj.jpg
Both main tasks completed, plenty of time left, a few more enemies to kill, but the game decided to close the dungeon. :confused:

However, after a few more attempts it worked and the set dungeon could be mastered. Just try again, or try another one (Marauder, for example, that one is pretty easy as well).

Are you sure you didn’t run out of time? Try using your timer on your phone, set it for 4 min 30 sec so that when it goes off, you know you only have a few second to kill the remaining monsters. Or try recording your runs and posting them.

That screenshot is an indication that you ran out of time. When you do, the time it shows is the time it took to complete, rather than master, the dungeon.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks. This sounds reasonable.

To my defense: I can’t remember the last time I ran out of time in a set dungeon, so I didn’t know that. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure why they did it that way, it just causes confusion in this situation.

But if you complete the primary objectives and then let the full time elapse but aren’t able to finish Mastery in the remaining time, the completion window shows the time you finished the primary objectives, not the total time that elapsed.

Definitely a bit confusing, people think they still had time left. But it’s just the end screen display being a bit confusing about how it’s presenting the “completion” time.

1 Like

It was kinda funny this go around, but could have been a disaster. I had just finished the slows and chain hits when the fire breath kicked in and cleared the rest of the map for me.

Oh yeah. I screenshotted the timer and put the pic in my discord. I don’t think I could post it here. But it said the actual times from the in game timer. It’s why I posted the 2:23, 2:22, and 2:13, respectively. I have tried to figure everything out.

Other posts suggest, just keep at it. I’ll try to go slower maybe I’m glitching it. Lol/rip. Ty though.

It depends on what you are calling the in-game timer.

After 5 minutes it will stop you and put up a dialog saying you took 2-3 minutes. The real time was 5 minutes. The 2-3 minute time is not the elapsed time. It’s a confusing dialog, but if you time it with an external timer you should see a full 5 real world minutes go by before it stops you.

The number they show in the dialog is the time of the last milestone (completion of one of the partial objectives), not the time you spent in the dungeon.

2022 and it’s still an issue.

I just did(=failed) it 5 times in a row and always end up taking ~4min realtime using chromes stopwatch. I start the stopwatch BEFORE I enter but that doesn’t matter anyway because I’m closer to 4 minutes than 5 minutes. (I actually did it 6 times but didn’t time the first attempt.)
Every objective except “kill all” is checked, then I kill the last mobs and suddenly after the very last one “Slow 45” changed from COMPLETE to FAILED … . Sometimes “Slow 45” is checked but says “44” and doesn’t increase further; I guess because it’s already considered COMPLETE it stops updating.

I don’t use a follower and I’m solo. I’m using a seasonal character. I’m using a bat companion. I’m using Bane of the Trapped (15 yard range, whereas Shadow Power has 30). I have Area Damage on some gear pieces. After reaching 5/5 on 20-Impale-Combo I don’t necessarily keep the combo up.

UPDATE. RESOLVED.
Found another thread in which it was mentioned that while Shadow Power is permanently active, the Nightbane slow rune ISN’T! You have to reactivate Shadow Power to get 5 seconds of slow again!
(Why did it still count and COMPLETE the objective when I didn’t reactivate …)

This is something that always confuses many. The other runes apply passive effects to the Shadow Power, however Night Bane is an active effect. The passive effects last the duration of the Shadow Power, permanently with the set or 5s without. The Night Bane is applied only on activation of the skill, with or without the set.

Long story short: working as intended.

3 Likes