Shadow clone kills RG on prev floor

I have no idea why the RG spawned on the previous floor. I didn’t get far in the floor and thought it spawned behind me. Well nope had to go back a floor. I had the shadow clone just chilling back there. Once I zoned in the RG had less than 3/4 health left.
So shadow clones do something if able while you are on another floor.

Happened to me too. They may have hit a globe to spawn it. When I went back to the previous room the clone had already killed the rg. Clones don’t die when you switch rooms. When my alts are standing at the door and I go to the next room, I see the clones protecting my alts until their time runs out.

Doesn’t it just annoy the hells out of you when there’s a shrine right next to the exit?

2 Likes

Yeah, I had this, too. The thing kept killing and spawned/killed the boss for me, too.

I saw in chat, that I killed 2 elite packs and I was no way near any of them. The shadow clones are having fun on the other levels it seems

Yup, It was discovered in the PTR that clones left behind would happily keep fighting where you left them.

Why can’t the clones follow you (through portals) but pets and followers can? Was it intended that way? Or was it just another bug that couldn’t (wouldn’t) get fixed?

EDIT: Also, I noticed that if you port to town, that they will be in the rift (or other area) waiting for you to return. Also, they spawn when you are dead. I noticed that a few times when I was being power leveled to 70.

It was probably intended based on exploit previous season.
Example: You enter GR, but then teleport to town and go to Leornic port, take pylon from there and shadow spawn, then you go to down and shadow follow you, then you enter the open gr and shadow follow you and start killing.
I am sure they did it to prevent that kind of exploit.

They already have it set so that any clones you have active when you enter a GR get dismissed, i.e. you can’t take clones into a GR with you, so you can’t enter a GR, come out, teleport to a mate who’s stood next to a pylon, click pylon, teleport back to town, go in with clone.

This is about clones, generated inside the GR, not following from floor to floor of the same GR, without the hero ever having left the GR.

Happens so often now, too.

I think up until level 120 grift, they can do a huge amount of damage, it would become way too op if you’d have 4+ shadow clones following you through the levels.
Just like Eu challenge rift, they do it all there as well

That makes sense. All it takes is for one person to find that chink in the seasonal armor, exploit it, then tell everyone about it. Bummer. See, that’s why we can’t have nice things.

Yeah, I reported this in my consolidated feedback thread for the PTR but of course, none of the issues I listed for the clones were addressed.

See the second bullet point for the issue regarding clones killing things on previous floors:

I wondered if this were possible… weird that it is