Aughild’s Authority

• (2) Set Bonus
    • Set bonuses have been replaced
      • Reduces damage taken by 15%
      • Increases damage dealt by 30%
  • (3) Set Bonus
    • Reduces damage from elites by 30%
    • Increases damage against elites by 30%

I did 148 with Shadow BK like 4 months ago when I stopped playing D3 on regular basis. I had ~4.4K paragons back then.

So what was the trick? I did not use awareness and I used steady aim instead of it. I did not die at all whole run and it was really hard to play like that. Maybe that is why I can’t find anyone else running DH BK without awareness on leader-boards. Back then my clear used to be #1 place in EU with DH.

Shadow BK got stronger with new Aughild’s Authority set changes.

• Use AA bracers instead of Lacuni Prowlers . You lose 7% AS there…
  • Use AA shoulders (for example) instead of shadow shoulders. You get same stats there.
  • Use RoRG instead of SOJ. We get 7% AS we lost from Lucinies.

Lets further compare RoRG + AA set bonus vs SOJ

• Both rings can come with 50 CHD
  • RoRG comes with maximum of 650 DEX
  • SOJ comes with 20% Elemental damage and 30% damage to elites.
  • AA set comes with 30% DIBS damage and 30% damage to elites.

30% DIBS damage is >>> of 20% Elemental damage because we already get Elemental damage from amulet, bracers, offhand.

For damage reduction we get

• Reduces damage taken by 15%
  • Reduces damage from elites by 30%

I think that this will enable us to run without awareness for pushing runs. I tested toughness on PTR and with new setup we get ~27% more toughness that is worth ~10GR lvl difference.

I am going for 150 after patch.

3 Likes

Yah this boils down to:

30% DIBS + 2 Ring Affixes vs 20% Element + 7% AS

If you picked your worn CoE with 7% AS, 6CHC and 50% CHD, then the comparison is:

30% DIBS + 50% CHD vs 20% Element

The CHD is worth 8.6%, the 20% Element is worth 12.5%.

With all of the DIBS buffs offered by group buffs, what does 30% from Aughild net?

From the DH: 45% Impale, 15% MfD the Aughild’s 30% is worth 18.75%

On a guardian, that can be like going from 6min -> 5min

And it also needs 200% Legendary power roll. Not easy to find.

You mean 6% Critical hit chance? I am already using SOJ with 50% CHD.
I don’t see why someone would use anything other than CHD on SOJ right now.

I did it that way because I didn’t feel like calculating CHC ranges because I didn’t want to over complicate things, but yes this is more accurate.

With Single Out, CHC is worth 6.7-7.2%, On boss with adds, that CHC is worth more: 8.8-10.4%. The ranges are for when iceblink is applied.

Which passives are you choosing: Cull, Single Out, Ambush, Steady Aim?

If you are RGKing GR150 w/ Impale, you better have the swank. (primal CoE or the like).

1 Like

I am on vacation right now… I am not even sure if I have COE with that stats. I got like 6-7 good COE with many stat combinations.

GOT Primal SOJ :stuck_out_tongue:
I know people with 8K paragon who don’t have primal COE with right stats.

If I was at home I could tell you exactly how long it would take on perfect single target boss that does not move on 150 if I do perfect rotation (got self made excel spreadsheet for this with all party buffs).

In my situation 6 CC would give even less because I am using offhand with 19AS, so I can’t hit last BP. BP I am using in current setup gives me 1.5% DPS less on boss (stricken stacking speed taken into account). Rolling 7% AS compas rose would not give me anything and that is why I run with 6% cc on it… Until I get offhand with 20%AS… I have one that is not ancient but extra dex from ancient one + augment is sufficient enough to overshadow that 1.5% difference (same damage but more toughness).

But we really should not complicate it. With 30 extra sec on Power and a bit of power buff 150 is doable for sure.

2 Likes

For sure, I look forward to trying this setup with a proper team too. It’s stronger than the standard RGK build and one of the few that actually benefits from Aughild.

It’s a good suggestion.

Thanks for the idea! I cleared 135 this season as Impale BK and hope to get close to 140 in S18 :slight_smile:

What exactly is “Shadow BK”, i can’t figure it out at all.

edit: i think i got it… Boss Killer?

1 Like

Some people say it will be also interesting to use Aughild with DH Impale solo. But I do not see how, given that you would loose Strongarm bracers (30% damage) and either Elusive Ring (60% damage reduction) or CoE (50% damage in average), therefore negating most of the bonuses you would get from the Aughild… What do you think?

It is possible to go with Focus and Restraint rings + Flavor of Time Amulet.

1 Like

Focus and Restraint on DH Impale?? Whatever… you are probably mixing with UE Multishot…

It is more damage if you could survive. No I am not mixing it with UE Multishot… that would be insulting.

F&R is already better for speed farming in group 3-4 min runs.

2 Likes

Come on, nobody uses F&R on Impale… Endless walk (Compass Rose) and CoE/Elusive are way superior

Did you try to use it?

here is older video.

1 Like

Maybe it works for speedfarming. But why would you use Impale for speedfarming while Multishot is so much better?