Servers still down 12+ hours later?

From what I’ve skimmed over, it looks like most if not all of the bugs I’ve come across have been addressed, but I do want to be sure. I had been having the issue of getting disconnected from the server frequently and almost always after i first log in; I will log into the game and will either sit in a longer than normal load screen that concludes with me getting kicked, or I’ll get kicked immediately after logging in and loading into my camp. I’ve also been experiencing assume serious pause lag in my game as well. This is pretty frequent and the time that I’m froze differs greatly and I’ve seen no pattern that would indicate a good guess to what could be instigating it. Pretty annoying when battling through Grift! But that’s part of why I’ve been running PTR’s for D3 since the very beginning. The servers went down around 3AM EST I think it was and I’ve gotten the same message every time I try to log in since that time(4:45 EST now) a little over 12 hours. I only mention this because I’ve gotten myself confused before when looking in forums about servers being down and then seeing comments on their gear or something QOL related though unrelated to the server issues. This could mean that I’m processing the information incorrectly or they made their post in the wrong forum, as well I could be doing the same. I would like to know if the servers are going to even be brought back online for us to try the fixes they’re implementing now before the 27th of this month. Thanks!

Both PTR forums have stickied threads about the server being taken down…

The PTR server is in the Pacific time zone, which is also the hours that Blizzard are working, and it’s currently 14:10 there, so they’ve still got a few hours before their working day will end to get the PTR back up. They even said they’d update the stickied posts when that happens.

1 Like

… which tbh starts to feel like:
Down till 26th and then HF testing stuff!

3 Likes

As long as they resolve the issue, I’m OK with it being down

1 Like

It’s he 23rd in EU, early morning, and it’s still down.

Did you miss the stickied post at the top of the forum…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ptr-2610-patch-update-testing-extended-to-1027/23374/4

10/22 Update
The team is still investigating a few standing issues for the PTR - We’re sharing that the fix won’t be available today. Our goal for this fix is to minimize playthrough disruptions for the remaining time left for the PTR so that players can focus on testing and exploring the content. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks so much for your patience.

1 Like

They use the word patience so often, the meaning of the abverbration PTR should be changed: Patience Test Realm

2 Likes

So these jokers still haven’t figured it out?

Nope . but thank you for your PATIENCE :slight_smile:

I dont know what people are complaining as if live servers were shutdown for 2 days…

This is PTR, for those who dont know Public TEST Realm… and this is exactly what should happen on PTR fast detecting of problems, taking servers down, fix them, get em back up

And because these issues where here for more than few years. We should give credit to the team, because they seem to be serious about fixing it… Tweaking the numbers is done in a 1-2 days… they dont even need players to figure the right numbers out

its about fixing lags and dcs, not about the perfect balance, which is actually impossible in Diablo 3

1 Like

You mean the jokers that keep asking about the server status?

Nope. Still clueless.

1 Like

Well that is a bunch of bs if i ever heard one. You are telling me a game that made over a 1.5 billion dollars can’t fix this game? Are you like new to games or something. Sure this is PTR. And sure perfect balance can’t exist. But to have builds so far apart and some so broken it’s pathetic you have white knights like you still defending this company. They straight up ignore all the propositions.
Blade of the tribes…ignored. Gundo gear ignored. Wizzard builds all destroyed because they decided they want to change everything but didn’t compensate with one sigle viable build.

1 Like

Well, but the game isn’t making much money at the moment because it is 8 years old.

Where is the PTR and the patch for Fifa 2012? And yes, i am aware that this is some sort of “Whataboutism”

They try to bring builds closer together and did an okish job with the necro set which should be a little behind but quite close to GoD DH. I really really dislike the change to etched sigil too, but the ptr isn’t over yet and they go halfway in the right direction with the twister wizard.

That they completly ignore all feedback can’t be said either as they were listening to the community in regards of the shadowclones and removed all hard CC.

Sure …things could be better, but they also could be worse.
No need to praise them as the best company ever, but also no need to trashtalk. I am sure the dev-team does what it can do with its limited abilities / resources

PTR - Panic to Test and Restless

I will say that it would be nice to get some sort of another update as to the status since it’s the 23rd and they posted 22. From blues last post it was basically just “wont be up today oct/22”. If they could post and give us some kind of clue, it would go a long way with the player base. Something, anything… either “still working on it, won’t be up today” or “should be up later today, will post with more details later”. But just blank info the next day I don’t think is fair. Specially since this is cutting into the PTR test extension.

A game that made over 1.5 billion should not be concerned about 8 years later. That’s more than 100 times over what they invested in all 8 years. Sure sure things could be worse. But that’s a bad way too look at things. Things could be far far better asking for simple balance and fun isn’t that much to be honest. I just wish they released this as offline so modders could take care of this since they obviously don’t care.

1 Like

Perhaps you should find a different game to play, or play in the live server realm. Test servers crash frequently. Playability take precedence over balance. Thus the continued log in and latency issues are a much much higher priority than tweaking your favorite weapon or set.

Again considering the number of people affected affected by latency and login issues, many were not and would not be able to play test keeping the servers up. I would much rather see 3 good days of testing on a stable build, than 6 days playing on a crap build that excludes people at random.

1 Like

I’m not complaining its down. I’m complaining about the lack of communication from blizzard today.

1 Like

Well, yeah, that is indeed a reason to complain. I try to complete a 137 solo on season meanwhile which i cant with all the bad rifts i get in combination with my lack of skill.

So wish me luck for a GG rift with tons of Missile Dampeners xD

Edit…ahaha damn now im angry too. Got my gg-rift , was ahead with the progress bar, took a conduit to get even more progress --> disconnect xD

Meanwhile, about 90 minutes ago…

1 Like