Seriously please fix stash search

i’m kind of fine with the stash tabs as they are, I have a system that works for me breaking tabs up by item types… i just wish we could have more of them, with 3 tabs and the 3rd tab not even complete i still end up using every tab for various item slots. I am a bit of a hoarder and keep 2-3 copies of every item i may want to use, mostly so i can drop rerolls on them when i get bounty mats to gamble on primals lol.

Some people just need to get a bit better organized. IE when i make a new character and i need a CoE or an obsidian ring? I know exactly which tab to go to and where in that tab i keep my CoE’s and Obsidian rings… i don’t need to search through my bags, i go to the tab and i have the rings in a clump in that tab. Same with set items, i keep a full set of each barb set organized in a tab, 1 of each item. So if i decide i want to, for some reason, play leapquake, i switch to that tab, pull out the gear, switch to my belts/boot tab and grab lut socks, bracer tab for the bracer i need and ring/amulet tab to get the appropriate ring/amulet and i’m off to the races.

I rarely use the search function lol. The only time i use search function is when i open my stash tab and start trying to type something and accidentally search because the text focus switches to the search instead of my chat :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t even need a search algo, literally just do a dumb search in a loop and highlight the item.

The only thing I want it to do, or not do to be more precise, is auto-focus on the search field when opening the Stash.

The feature is not convenient for non-latin languages either.

This feature requires you to input item name in its local language, and for non-latin languages that means to turn on the input method, or a non-latin keyboard.

Input methods consume keystrokes before the game - or any process, so they’ll make many hotkeys stop functioning (t for teleport, q for potion, etc). Therefore people usually keep input methods off until they need to talk.

I think for the basic fewture, allowing to search with both local language and english would be a good idea.

I like this idea better. Our characters need individual stash space more than we need a searchable database. 5 shared and 5 individual sounds perfect.

1 Like

Re: stash space increase… it’s been discussed, and declined. (Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see it, as well.)

But the idea of stash search is something that may require a bit of dev time (barely) but it will not require the ongoing hardware/maintenance costs that blizz so clearly refuses to provide.

So, yeah, it’s a valid tangent to this discussion but plz let’s not have this thread be preoccupied w/ it.

and i agree w/ issues about “focus”. there should also be a hotkey to clear the search filter, although for now, just quickly leaving the stash and re-entering it is a decent workaround.

And then we got the outright haters…

Uh, yeah … you.

I save a lot of gear because I don’t know the optimal mods by heart and/or don’t have time to compare right on the spot when ppl are speeding thru rifts in pubs. And never again do I want to experience the agony of having salvaged something that it turns out, later, I need for some stupid conquest or set dungeon build, or stuff I need for the possibility of building an alt, etc. So I just hoard everything … until I don’t. At which point it typically takes me roughly half an hour per day played in the season, to sort everything out. That is the waste of time! Until I have passed that threshold of “OK I remember what are good stats now / OK I know I’m not going to need this junk any more…”

Being able to search the stash better, in these utterly sensible and obvious ways would help w/ that process. Among plenty of other advantages.

Just get off the thread if u can’t muster some vision/understanding of the immense usefulness metadata searching would provide. TY.

Sounds like some people (you) don’t make use of the features of this game enough to know what anyone else is talking about.

Your tone is generally and repeatedly argumentative and insulting in virtually every topic you visit. You might want to think about that.

Back on topic, I have been constantly annoyed by the auto focus on open, regardless of whether or not you use the feature. As one responder said, the text field shouldn’t even be there until you click a little search button/icon, at which point the field opens and grabs focus.

Note that the search field can be reset by clicking on the stash chest, so this same action could be used to reset and close the search field, so that the stash can once again be closed by pressing the spacebar.

Also, I feel that the search function should parse every line of text on the description window of every item, so that you can search for items that have any attribute you are looking for; Primal, Life after Each Kill, Increases Attack Speed, Two-Handed Mace, Required Level: 40. Whatever.

In addition, I would like an icon to appear at the bottom left of the description window to indicate that the item is part of an Armory build. Also, I would like the ability to enter a user note of 50 characters or so, so that I can leave a note to myself telling me why I kept this item.

2 Likes

Necro because I love the OP’s original idea.

Rational:
Having 8 tabs full of items and spending some of my time making my own (albeit weaker) builds; I would benefit from being able to see search results that include text found in the tooltips. I am a packrat and keep almost 1 of every item i find. I constantly believe that throughout playing a season there is a chance that items could be changed by blizzard to solve bugs or issues and for that I remain prepared to build any and everything.

This is how I choose to spend my time, I’m not the 1%. Being able to search in game keeps me immersed where tabbing out trying to google the text found in the tooltips of items gives scuffed results, requiring me to open dozens of tabs to quickly find an item, at which point I begin to question if the item I’m looking at in my web searches are even up-to-date. I am not searching for the item name, because I am looking for a list of items that have for example the text “Damage Reduction”, could also include the name of a skill i want to build around or a type of damage.

I am interested in having said information efficiently given in game, where a search bar exists but lacks functionality.

Edit: I am looking for a list of items that have for example the text “Army of the Dead”.

The Rise of the Necromancer.

I’d pony up 5-10M gold for the search box to simply highlight the tabs that have any matching items in them.

Personally, the current search feature annoys me when I can’t use space bar to close stash tab. Also when I use push to talk, it spams the search box and grays out my items.

I rarely use the search feature to find an item… Adding more search features wouldn’t be something I’d be interested in seeing at all.

I don’t understand the need for people to show up and mention that their not interested in having more search features. Do you hope that feature never exists? I see you request that there is a problem with the focus of the search box, should i append my post to add that the search box taking focus doesn’t bother me? Or do I leave that part out because if you get your request then that’s fine with me, it doesn’t hinder my experience either way. Would you be discouraged that if both of the aspects being talked about were made a feature in game? Or are you only worried about making sure only one of those things are implemented?

I use space bar for force stop, use esc for exiting windows lol.

The world doesn’t revolve around you, others are welcome to give their opinion as well. Do you know how voting works? Maybe brain storming?

In my case, I feel like the search box is a feature that is not important to me, therefore I stated that the developer’s time can be used on something more important.

People stating their experiences will help the developers spend more time on what’s important. If more people say they need to see advance search features, then the dev’s know to work on it. If more people reply and say the features aren’t something they will use, then they might spend their time on something else. Do you understand?

Yep.
20 people in a room.
19 of them vote that it’s okay to cover people in blue paint.
1 of them leaves the room looking like a smurf.
Isn’t democracy great!

Case sesnsitivity is especially bad because item names are drawn with all capital letters and by viewing item detail window I can’t even tell which letter is capital and wich is not.

This needs to be done.
Some examples could be:

1. #Ancient shows all ancient/primal items
  2. #Caldesann shows items with any augments
  3. #Weapon shows any weapon
  4. @cooldown shows items with any cooldown data
  5. @crit shows items with any crit data

Finally you could do a search like #ancient #ring @cooldown would show any ancient ring that has cooldown data on it.

Stash search is only marginally useful. We need the fully implemented RMAH interface back. That was useful.

Agree totally. Have to exit game, go to profile to see all items on all characters is terrible stash function…