Second Quarter Conference Call, 4:30 PM EDT, Today

August 8th
4:30 PM EDT

Does anyone on the forum even care anymore? How will the tap dance look this quarter?

4 Likes

I care. Sometimes they will have forward looking statements to prepare investors for future quarters. Although, they won’t announce any new games on the call, they may allude to predictions of future factors that impact revenue streams.

Plus, I have used the fact that the CFO called RoS “a high margin” game in an investor report in several arguments in the past. There were some who thought they did not make any money on RoS.

6 Likes

They will be fine. I didn’t see a tap dance at last quarter still
 pissed off at the lay offs. I hope they don’t repeat the same mistake. I even expect a small rise in their stock after conference call. Their games still make mad cash on micro-trans actions all over the year and hit up top10s.

A small note for hype-skaters though, if you see more mention and emphasis on Diablo this quarter you may hope for big news at this year; else just stop trying to bring it up over and over again 'till Blizzcon. Especially if you read Diablo Immortal words, more than Diablo as in whole franchise, just stop.

Thanks for the info, Avalon. Previous conferences were interesting ways to get news and plans for future company releases. :+1:

1 Like

What exactly is this thread supposed to accomplish?
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

It will give you another thing to complain about. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I’ve rarely seen people argue that RoS didn’t make money. Mostly its people arguing that RoS under-performed, which it did by Blizzard’s standards and expectations. Now, are they going to report this in the quarterly to the people who buy their stock? No, they are going to put any positive verbal spin on everything they can, report the most bloated figures, and mask the poor ones even if they are more accurate. Case in point, if RoS was such a “high margin” product then why didn’t they keep making more “high margin” expansions?

Another example would be the reason its not publicly known what the first year sales for RoS are because Blizzard never reported them after the first week. They simply switched to reporting an ambiguous “unit” figure for D3 in the quarterly. They do this because people not aware of the history of D3’s sales might assume that the 20 million and eventually 30 million figures were base retail sales and not the combined SKU sales of the base game and expansions.

It’s just financial PR, which most of the investors ignore anyway because whats important is the YTD profit as a whole and future forecasts. This upcoming report is not going to be pretty as it is expected to be another year to year decline.

1 Like

Keep us updated with what was said in the call!

1 Like

The new forum will not let me provide the link to the Activision site, go figure.

Others might know how to do it.

Copy the URL from your browser
Paste it into the forum editor
Highlight the URL in the editor and click the </> button on the editor
This will turn the URL into pre-formatted text like this

http://www.imadethisup.com/example.html

Enclose URLs with these: `

It will sound like a tax evasion waltz. Do you think Big Buck K. will get the handcuffs?

2 Likes

lol, they didn’t have to tap dance because of the lay offs.

Never cared about Blizzard’s conference calls before, and don’t see why I should start now.

1 Like

Not sure how it will look. Stocks plunged again after Trump blamed the violance in games as part of the reason for mass shootings adding more problems on top of the tax evasion already going on.

2 Likes

That argument cracks me up.

“People imitate what they do in video games in real life.”

Yeah, that’s why Madden players become NFL players. Or people blow up candy stores every weekend because they like seeing candy explode like in Candy Crush. Or Mario Kart players like drag racing on the weekend. lol

4 Likes

So, in a nutshell you’re basically saying ‘same sh*t, different day’.

1 Like

Don’t forget that everyone who plays Grand Theft Auto steals cars.

3 Likes

My typical day starts with me spirit walking out of bed, furious charging to the bathroom and then whirl-winding around the house until I’m ready for work.

4 Likes

LMAO sounds like a fast paced event.