Seasons - How to participate

Howdy!!

Returning player after 4 years and I see this new option called Season Journey. A friend of mine told me I had to create a seasonal character, which I’ve done, but when I click on Season Journey, I can’t go any further than the Season Journey screen. I click on “Begain Again” and nothing happens. By the way, I’m on PS4 - is the season thing only applicable on computers and not consoles?

Appreciate any and all assistance and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there!!

Hi Fab4rule
I’m on PC, but console version should be similar.

The season journey is a list of objectives that you need to complete to get the rewards. (On console, you claim the rewards there, I think. This part is different from PC. You may need to consult other console players on Console Discussion forum.)

Once you create a seasonal hero, you can switch to Adventure mode (unlocked for seasonal heroes). Most (all) of journey objectives need to be done in Adv mode.

Note that no rewards for chapter 1 of the journey. Rewards start from chapter 2.

Enjoy.

hey Fab4rule, I’m on PS4.

1. create a seasonal character.

2. create a game with this seasonal character.

3. you’ll start at lvl 1. Work your way up to lvl 70. Note: you can start the game in adventure mode, which is preferred.

4. As you level to lvl 70 and beyond, and do certain tasks in the season journey (chapter by chapter), they’ll get ticked off. When you complete all of the challenges in chapter 1, You can view the tasks by:

right option button (just to the left of controllers and above R2 trigger) and select season journey. You can then select each chapter and scroll through each challenge for each chapter.

Chapters 2-4 will give you “haedrig’s gift” which is the starter set for your character type for the season. When you complete chapter 2, select it, then hit the square button to view rewards, then triangle to claim rewards. Rinse and repeat for chapters 3 and 4. Once you’ve done chapter 4, you’ll have all 6 pieces of your set for your character, and should be well on your way to strengthening your character and doing harder content.

I’m happy to power level you if you want (SC or HC). PSN sparksflyswifty

I’m on the East coast of Australia btw, GMT 10.

Hi dpastern,

Thanks for the reply!

1. Done
  2. Done
  3. I went through the entire game (campaign) with this character, and periodically checked the Seasonal Journey section, and it never shows any tasks as being completed. My character is currently level 70/paragon 198, and I still can’t get any of the seasonal tasks to show as completed. I’ve done nephalem rifts, greater rifts, bounties countless times and chapter 1 is still bordered in red when I click on it. So, when you say “…start the game in adventure mode, which is preferred”, does that mean going through the whole campaign mode cancels out the seasonal option?

I am in the US, Eastern Time zone.

The Season Journey can only be done in Adventure Mode.

Exception: Every other Season there is a Conquest that you can do. It requires you to complete the entire Campaign Mode game in under one hour. This one Conquest is the only time you would need to do something for a Season Journey Objective. And you don’t have to do that. There are other Conquests to choose from.

Nothing is cancelled out. “Leave Game”. Click “Game Settings”. Select “Adventure Mode” and start playing.

If you’ve been doing Bounties, Rifts and GRifts, you’re already in Adventure Mode.

Hi Perusoe,

Thanks for the reply!

I understand the difference between campaign and adventure modes. My issue is the seasonal chapters do not unlock even while I am in adventure mode. So this is what I’ve just done:

1. Options>Quit (already in Adventure Mode)
  2. From Main Menu>Season Journey - defaults to Chapter 1
  3. Select Chapter 1> “Begin Again” is highlighted in red, Objective 0/9 is shown above that. Under Season 20/Chapter I on the left side it shows 0/4 Completed.

I’ve done so many nephalem rifts, I would expect “Begin Again” to show as completed. The same holds true for “A New Start” - I’ve done so many bounties, that objective should be completed as well.

correct.

I really suspect that you have a normal character, not a seasonal character that has been leveled to 70. Leveling a normal character to 70, and then logging into seasons via a newly created non lvl 70 character will not have done any of the seasonal journey challenges.

Can you take screenshots of:

1. your character login screen
  2. after you’ve logged in and you hit the options button to pause the game

Hi again,

I don’t know how to take screenshots on the PS4 and get them to you via my laptop.

Can a character change from seasonal to non-seasonal? Like I said in my original post, I created this character as a seasonal character.

Normally, no. You can “Rebirth” a non-Season Character to Season. But, doing this removes all that Character’s Paragon Points and they start at Level 1 again. Players do this with their main Characters because it keeps the Character’s name, Lifetime Kills and time played.

There’s no point for you to do this since you already have a Seasonal Character. Just continue on with that one.

Okay. At first, I thought you were confusing Campaign Quests with Season Journey Chapters. But, the truth is, I’m not familiar with consoles.

Hopefully, someone that’s more familiar with D3 on consoles can provide more help.

Are you familiar with D3 Resources Season Journey Tracker? It shows the Objectives you need to complete to progress in your “Journey”:

D3 Resource: Season Journey Tracker

Good luck.

Thanks!

I just created a new seasonal barbarian and now the chapter 1 stuff is updating. I guess my demon hunter is now a non-seasonal…oh well.

Appreciate all the help!!

As suspected. I think you might have inadvertently created a non seasonal character without realising it. This is why I wanted to see a screenshot of your character’s login screen. On PS4, if it’s a NS character, it’ll say underneath the menu options 'create a seasonal character to participate in seasons" or something similar. It won’t say this when you are actually at the log in screen with a seasonal character.

Also, when you pause the game (right options button), it’ll show either 'seasonal" or “hardcore seasonal” too. This is why i wanted you to take screenshots.

To take a screenshot, hit the left option button - wait a few seconds and eventually (it’s a bit slow on the ps4 lol) you can either press the square button for video, or triangle button for screenshot. That takes a screenshot and stores it on your ps4. Getting off the ps4 is a p.i.t.a as Sony was stupid and didn’t create a email option for stored screenshots…duh…best way is to have the ps4 app on your phone or tablet. On your ps4, send a Pm to a friend and send the screenshot. On your phone, log in, go to that message, select the screenshot, and there’ll be a download option (bottom right hand corner from memory). Once it’s on your phone, you can email it to yourself, and then on your laptop, log into your email, grab the photo and upload it here. I’m not sure you can upload an image directly to the forums or not, you probably have to upload them elsewhere (imgur, flickr etc) and link to them in your forum post.

Cheers,

Dave

No, you can’t.

That’s is correct.

Also, I’m not sure, but if your phone (mobile device) can access the internet, you might be able to skip a step and upload the image to an image-hosting website without having to first email it to your laptop or PC.

And, if you’re not Trust Level 3 on these forums:

To post a link to your screenshot:

1. Upload your image to a free image-hosting website, like Imgur.
  2. Paste the “Direct Link” to your image in your post.
  3. Select the link you just pasted and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar.
  4. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/6PIA4Ul.jpg

(For future reference)

1 Like

Wow, that is a lot just to post a screenshot, lol!

Any road, thanks to you both for the edumacation and I wish you both well!

Mike

Yep. Much easier on PC.  

If you can take pictures with your phone or mobile device and you have a steady hand, you can just take a picture of your screen and upload it to your computer via a USB cable. The quality isn’t quite as good, but it’s better than jumping through all those hoops.

Yeah, iPhone is good for pics.

While I have yer ears, is there a general explanation of how seasons work? I already found out how paragon points aren’t shared between seasonal and non-seasonal, but I was curious about some other things as well.

I did a search with just “seasons” and there’s so many topics and posts, I figured I’d be lazy (cuz I’m old lol) and ask here since the two of you seem to know lots o’ stuff :slight_smile:

Thanks again!!

How about…

AWESOME!!

Thank you so much!!