Seasons based on themed legendaries

There are quite a few legendaries that improve the shrine/pylon buffs, and many that are based on the Skeleton King. I think that making these themed sets active for an entire season could be fairly interesting.

Anyone else?

1 Like

A season of Flavor of Time might be interesting.

3 Likes

Most of the legendaries seem to be ignored (or simply replaced by sets.) Stacking up the passive abilities could really change the feel of the game.

That would be interesting. I’d love to see a Blackthirnes season theme where that set get a tremendous bonus when used similar to LoN/LoD. Just to see players whine about it.

I wish they’d bring back season only legendary items. Was a nice touch each season.

4 Likes

That’s kind of what I’m hoping for with D4 legendaries. Tons with tons of effects to stack if one chooses.

1 Like

I’d like to see a season where some items like Rakanishu’s Blade dropped as a legendary version, or it would change into a legendary only while equipped with 1 or more other generally mundane and unwanted items. A stealth set so to speak, that you’d just have to experiment with trash drops to find it. Maybe one unknown trash build per class.

I’d also like to see Blackthorne’s buffed as well. With the number of Primal Blackthornes I have received in seasons, having them be viable would be awesome.

We got the RoRG season, that was fun. Many people, as well as myself, have suggested Nemesis Bracers for a Seasonal Theme.

1 Like

Nems + FoT would be even better! :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree. That combo would be so much fun.

2 Likes

Ummm, no. Just no. I usually run DH in seasons and the missile reflect from shrine spawned Dervishes is (mostly) insta-death. I NEVER run Nems when pushing GRs with DH. I would most likely sit out a Nems themed season (or maybe play Barb)

DH has a cheat death passive, so no worries there. If you play SC, who cares is you die once or twice pushing a GR. HC? Then I can understand your hesitation, even with a cheat death passive.

I do like that idea of playing a Barbarian. I think you are on to something there.

1 Like

I have nems on both my HC toons this season. Granted, I don’t push nearly as hard (currently at GR71 on my necromancer.) I prefer the convenience of faster rift runs from them, so I almost always work those bracers in on any build I make.

My favorite classes are a split between barb and necro, with DH trailing behind by just a bit.

One legendary item for themed season is too weak.

It needs 3 legendary items at the same time for the themed season.

Probably something like Flavor of Time + Nemesis Bracer + Shard of Hate.

That’s not true, RoRG was just one item. Granted it provided a greater benefit than just spawning mobs on shrines/pylons, but it was still just one item. Honestly, if Nemesis is a seasonal theme, it should stack if you have them cubed or equipped. But I don’t see that happening because of lag and of course player QQ.

I agree, that if they were to do a proper shrine/pylon theme it should include all items that effect that theme. Cache Gloves from Act 2, The Amulet, and The Bracers.

Shard of Hate? Bad idea. NO MORE elemental effects as part or as the seasonal theme. We need to stay away from that for a long time or even forever.

1 Like

I love my first primal of the season Blackthorne’s amulet. That dropped with int, for a DH.

2 Likes

Exactly! Technically speaking, the extra cube slot is just one item, too.

Indeed. No need for the shadow clones, the 4th slot in the cube is good enough. It would only be considered lack luster compared to season 19 since 20 and 21 were meh and bleh.