Seasons are too long

Most people are pretty mat rich in non season. Mine are 99,999+

Id love to be able to play old seasons in non season. Imagine a setting like difficulty but for season number.

Maybe in Diablo 3 Remastered…

Hah no. Think about the stash clearing you have to do while trying to attend to the new season. To add, it doesn’t even scratch the time developers need for last moment tweaks.

1 Like

Mats, sure… but bounties? I burn thru stacks of them trying to upgrade legendaries for my LoD builds. Gathering them in HC is a royal pain because basically nobody is playing HC in NS. I’ve been trying for 3 days to find a bounty group and nothing. Which, of course, gets to the other QoL I’d love to see… rewarding solo players with increased bounty yields. Group players already get massive boosts to XP… those of us forced to solo shouldn’t be penalized even more.

1 Like

I’m betting on the world exploding first.

As far as the OP, Seasons are as long as they need to be for the developers to create the next season. I mean do you really want them to start putting out (more)half assed content. Thank God for the PTR. If they had just put out what they had the first week, this season would have been toast.

1 Like

I like 6 month to 8 month seasons

After about 6 or 8 wks into HC season it starts to turn into a ghost town. Nobody play NS HC. I started a HC character about 6 or 7 wks into the season got it to 70+2 it sat there for wks. I would just play around with it here an there and got it to paragon 43.

Then about 4 or 5 days before the end of the season. I check to see if any body was doing GR’s. I hit it where somebody was on t6. He was doing lvl 80 GR’s. Did about 6 of them and it got me going. Finish the season with the paragon at about 700.

I haven’t had a death in the past 4 or 5 seasons. I play HC to try not to die. Yes I do push a little, but I don’t go over board.

If you live in the South you are probably used to longer seasons, I know I am.

Yuck. 4 months long and 1 or 2 weeks between is what I vote for.

I agree I don’t just do the season journey on one realm I do all 3 realms and I am done in three months. Then I leave and wait until season is over so I can integrate the gear to my regular characters and watch eagerly for the next season. I like starting from scratch I like getting pets and xmog gear. Right now its May and I still have to wait until August before the season is at end and I started late this year. Seasons are getting longer I would really love it if they were 3 months long.

The necromancer has arrived and is bringing back a dead thread from a year ago. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Sanctuary is dying, that’s why!
Join the fight and save Sanctuary! :smiley:

Yep… seasons should be on a set schedule that just turns like clockwork. And then if you miss a season, Blizzard could gasp MONETIZE participation by requiring a gasp again battle pass! OMG man they should hire me for remote work to generate ideas for them.

But, D3’s concurrent player count is so low that they have given up and abandoned their very own creation. The current playercount tracker shows less than 16,000 players. A far cry from the 65-bajillion claims.

Bump an old thread here and people make comments about “Necro”. Make a new thread and those same people say “omg, post in an existing thread!”

I’d like it that way but I could see rushed season themes that are :poop:

No matter what you do you are wrong. Even if you bring back a topic that is 6 months old they will let you know about.

“Rules”
#1 Before you create a new forum topic, we recommend using search for similar topics

#2 Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of the rules are contradictory. As someone who has written forum rules for many successful forums, you need to be explicit. How old does a thread need to be to qualify as “necro?” A year? Six months?

What about the people who made a thread that may have existed recently but the thread was flooded with troll comments to where you have to spend 10 minutes or more sifting through garbage responses to find genuine responses?

2 Likes

Diablo 4 should be “better” in that respect. I don’t mind the extra long seasons in D3 because I play the game and usually take my time and enjoy the theme and the buffed builds.
I would think that from season 30, when older themes will be recycled, seasons will not be extremely long anymore.

I disagree. Season length should be at least 6 months. There are numerous other ARPG or other genre games to play instead of trying to devote all of your free time to the season of D3.

1 Like

You’re talking about the #1 gatekeeper on this forum who only recently said the forum is nothing but a few regulars. Remarkable lack of insight into their behaviour. :laughing:

I like the longer seasons provided the content is worth playing. I’d rather have a well thought out season theme every 6 months verses “Double goblins” or something lame every 3.
PLUS, with longer seasons, it helps legit players compete with computer assisted accounts.

I fail to see the logic here. The botters at this point are in the 5k+ paragon region. That stat is impossible to hit if you are mortal and do anything at all besides grind 150s.