Seasonal 300 kill streak and Hardcore: fixed?

How are you going to try it? Don’t you have to play on Seasonal to do it?

That’s kind of the point.
OP wants to know if this has been fixed or not before the season starts.

3 Likes

Haha right… my bad -_-

Right, I replied to acxell, they said they were going to check it out tonight…

“Diablo” 3 doesn’t have HC, it has “HC” which is basically an invalidated HC mode due to Cheat Death and its ZDPS BS.

Bump for a mod reply

Well, the good news is that we’ll have Asia and EU worst case to know if we should avoid grouping up in HC or not.

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s intended? The buff is labelled “Pandemonium”, and it’s like the Diablo fire…

Some quotes (my emphasis) from the Season blog:
“reaching certain killstreak goals will trigger a special effect and cause even more mayhem on the battlefield”
“300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything” (noting that some others specifically refer to enemies)

Well fire shrine in d2 was scary indeed

2 Likes

Forgot about that, that’s a good point.

If that’s the case, then scale the damage appropriately.

It’s dealing damage to players as if it’s hitting regular enemies. The scaling between our outgoing damage vs. toughness is wildly different. It’s doing several orders of magnitude times more damage than a player could reasonably be expected to mitigate.

If you want it to damage players, okay, I can live with that. But scale it so that when it hits a player it hits for something like 1/2 or 2/3 of your health (or perhaps more accurately, your effective toughness). Not 1000 times more than your health/effective toughness.

And, you know, maybe warn players. If S19 goes live doing damage to players, a whole bunch of casual HC players who don’t read deep into the forums/reddit/wherever and are just grouping up for some fun HC runs are going to die. And probably not understand why.

I’m all for interesting new game mechanics, but do it in a way that’s able to be understood by players. A hidden mechanic that will one-shot everyone regardless of how much toughness you have just doesn’t seem like a good thing.

I guess it’s the same as player projectile reflection. Does anyone honestly think that’s a good mechanic?

Stuff like this would be much less of an issue if player toughness was scaled to our outgoing damage. But players just deal orders of magnitude more damage than we can receive. You can’t really have mechanics like projectile reflect and the 300 kill streak ring of fire in that situation.

I’m fine with those things doing damage. But the damage should be scaled in a way that it’s possible to mitigate. The likelihood of them tweaking the ring of fire damage in a way that it will still kill enemies but doesn’t do outrageous damage to players seems remote. Would be simpler to just prevent it from dealing damage to players.

1 Like

If it where to dmg players it should act like fire shrine in d2. Bring everything down to 1/3 health.

No news from blizz. Guess we will test on asia or europe to know before na season start

Blowing up HC team mates does sound fun tho amirite.

2 Likes

HC = SSF in S19

20 characters

We will soon find out!

Hey all,

This is fixed in Season 19. Sorry for not communicating in the patch notes.

18 Likes

Awesome to see that it was taken care of, thanks!

3 Likes

Great! Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

I was starting to think it was intentional!

So don’t use them. I don’t and my HC characters die often.