Season25 Soul Shards

How do you raise the rank on a soul shard?

Once your hero is level 70 you’ll start to get Hellforge Embers (it’s a consumable).
Right-click on an Ember, left-click on the Soul Shard you want to upgrade by a rank.

That’s how it works on pc. If you’re on console select the ember and it will bring up a list of shards in your inventory, then just select the shard you want to rank up. On Xbox selecting is done be with “A”, on PlayStation I believe it’s done with “X”? Haven’t played on PlayStation in over a year.

Yeah, note that on console (in addition to the above), the Shard must be in inventory - having it socketed will not work. So, go to Shen and remove it before you upgrade. This means you may have to be more careful with them.

Regarding Soul Shards I cannot appear to upgrade with an ember. I am on PC , on level 70 and followed previous forum instruction, but cant do it. Please help, Jingles 47

Both the Ember and Shard need to be in Inventory with Stash closed.
Right click Ember, Left click Shard.
Note: Once a Shard has been placed in an item, it must be removed by the Jeweler for further upgrades.

1 Like

Hello, I am a new player, that just started playing last week on playstation 4 console, and I am playing Monk, and I got the Inna Mystic Ally Build, with the Crudest boots, and the Endless walk buff, Lefebvre’s Soliloquy and the Spirit Guards, and I also got the three legendary gems that go well with them leveled up to like 35 each. I am at GR 92 so far, and I can’t seem to find a soul shard anywhere, and I’ve seen al kinds of gems except them, I even tried the Tristram event where I kill the Butcher and Leoric, tried it multiple times, but no soul shards ever drop, I think I should have gotten at least one so far as their drop rate is not that rare. I am paragon level 600, and I play offline on Playstation 4. Does anyone know why I can’t find any soul shards? Thank you

Try playing online, not sure why they aren’t dropping offline, maybe a bug. But you can get them from any boss fight.

1 Like

Are you playing in Season? Shards and Embers do not drop in Non Season.

1 Like

I will try that, thank you.

Yes, I was playing non-season, I am gonna use the rebirth option to start seasonal, thank you so much

Note that Rebirth does not transfer anything to the Season hero. You will start at level 1 with an empty stash and your items will be mailed to non season.
You may be better off keeping your Monk and starting a new hero in season .

2 Likes

i’m having the same problem, do i have to remove the soulstone from my weapon to upgrade it? is it possible to upgrade the soulstone after its been imbedded in an item? i’ve tried having both the soulstone and my weapon in my inventory with no other window open (stash is closed), when i right click on the ember nothing happens, i tried right clicking the ember, then left clicking the soulstone, right clicking the ember and dragging it to the soulstone, nothing, any suggestions? i also had the soulstone removed by the jeweler and tried the same as above with no results.

Yes.

If you mean “socketed”, then yes. First, you need to take it to the jeweler and remove the soul shard the same as you would with a gem.

Then, right-click the ember and left-click the soul shard to upgrade it. The procedure is the same as you would do with a Ramaladni’s Gift.

This was already described in detail above, if you had bothered to read the posts before yours. Not sure why you need to have a personalized reply when your question was already answered several times in this same thread, but I can repeat it for you, if that helps.

2 Likes