Season to non-Season transfer causes loss of power

I’ve finished my season 20 Crusader character at GR16, achieving this level after many, many hours of play. As expected, the character has been moved to non-seasonal play. But I’ve noticed that while no change in equipment took place, my Crusader is now far, far weaker. In fact, to achieve my former GR16 power, I have to set my GR down to level 10! As you can guess, this is EXTREMELY frustrating and discouraging. Why is this happening?

You are not getting a full 6 piece set bonus. You need to re-select items in the cube, including, Rorg ring for the set bonus. The cube no longer allows the selection of the same item types in all slots, weapon, armor, jewelry is back to normal…

3 Likes

As Blackarrows stated, The season theme allows for alternate builds that will always result in more power. You need to adjust to the non season build and play that way. Season themes of late have been anywhere from decent to extremely OP and can result in a 10 GR buff depending on the build. Even worse if you don’t actually go and adjust to non season play.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Blackarrows & chris. But that doesn’t help. Clicking on each piece of my 6 piece Valor set (I’m also using a Ring of Royal Grandeur) shows I AM getting the bonus - + 20,000% Fist of Heavens bonus. Caldesann’s Despair bonus also shows up as expected. The cube only affects the Caldesann’s Despair bonus. So are you saying that the item’s listed power, which hasn’t changed, is really less power, and that the given stats lie? If so, how can you “adjust” the build if you can’t believe what the build stats say?

Ok, you are not understanding or doing something you need to do to get the performance from the set since season ended. Best advice is take this to the Crusader forum and see if they can enlighten you how this build works. You profile shows no items selected in the cube. The cube has no effect on Caldesan’s Despair augments on your gear, it just boost your main stats… good luck…

If you had selected items in the Cube during Season that were not in their proper slots, they have been blanked out and the cube powers must be re-selected.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply, but again, it doesn’t help. I don’t think I need to be enlightened on how the build works, as I’ve been using it for months, and it seems to work just as I expected it to. Both replies refer to the “cube”. But as far as I can see, there is only one “cube”, and that’s Kanai’s cube. It doesn’t make sense to me to have “items in the cube”. Kanai’s cube has worked as expected. Is there some other “cube” in the game that this discussion is referring to?

You should have three powers active in Kanai’s Cube, i.e. a weapon power, an armour power and a jewellery power. During Season 20, the season’s theme allowed you to have any class of power in any of the three cube slots, i.e. you could have put a weapon power in all three slots.

Now that Season 20 has ended, that theme has also ended, and you can now only have weapon power in the weapon slot, only have an armour power in the armour slot, only have a jewellery power in the jewellery slot.

If, in Season 20, you had a power active that didn’t match its slot, e.g. you put a weapon power in the armour slot, then this is no longer active. You need to go back to the Cube and re-select valid powers for each slot.

Your Crusader, that was a Season 20 Crusader…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Don-1614/hero/119293632
…currently has no powers active in the Cube.

For example, your Cube’s weapon slot should contain…

Fate of the Fell
Heaven’s Fury gains two additional rays and has its damage increased by 500%.

2 Likes

Wow, Meteorblade, that was an EXCELLENT diagnosis! I never thought to look in the Kanai Cube slots to see that they were empty at the end of the season - I just looked at the avatar’s slots. I just reassigned the slots and my Crusader is now back to it’s normal high power. It would be nice if the system gave you a warning that your Kanai Cube slots were erased upon the end of the season. I was only vaguely aware of that, as I just started playing Seasons recently.
So, thanks again, you made my day!

2 Likes

The slots are empty and nothing shows on status effects. On console you cant pick what slot they go into. If its a weapon it goes in weapon slot etc. It will automatically put the powers in the correct slot, or atleast its supposed to. It did work fine on my armour but i did that about a week ago.

Season 20 is over and Kanai’s Cube is back to it’s normal functions.