Season Themes, show me what you got

I’ll start.

Season of Legacy. All the old legacy gear can now drop.

Up drop rate or up bounty mats to make it playable.

4 Likes

Honestly, I think they should drop seasonal themes. It started out as a decent idea, then they ran out of ideas, then Season 19 happened.

However, keep achievements for transmog, pets, wings, portraits, and penates. All Blizz would have to do is keep those fresh and boom success.

Edit:

Of course add quality of life changes that will be permanent, but won’t take effect until the start of the new cycle, every 90 days.

That’s all you got?! At least post a theme even if it’s stupid.

theme: Season of No Paragon! (now that is a stupid season theme)

4 Likes

Instead of some wonky Seasonal Theme people will just complain about, I propose:
Season of Quality of Life.

Players will now be able to choose which act they want to start in.

Uber portals will close 20 seconds after the ubers are killed.

Cow portals will close 30 seconds after the the cow king event is completed.

Blood shard cap is changed to 1000 base plus 50 x highest solo GR cleared.

Kadala now allows you to gamble gear for other classes.

Public GR games are now separated by GR level. Players can choose every 10 levels 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.

Checkbox in options is added for auto-loot of all mats and gems. Allowing the player to choose which if any of mats they want auto-looted.

Stash redesigned to have 8 general tabs along with 5 class specific tabs. Each class will have 5 separate tabs tied specifically to that class. This is a work-around for only being able to load 13 tabs into the memory when entering a game. This gives players 8 + 5 x 7 = 43 total tabs which solves storage space issues for all but the hoardiest of hoarders.

Taking a season off of some random Seasonal Theme would give developers a chance to address many of the outstanding highly requested QOL issues without having to pull them off the other projects they are working on, such as balancing.

13 Likes

If you wish, you can look at my history. I am sure you will find many ideas that I have posted for seasonal themes.

However, if you one now, I have one for you and it was a previous post as well.

Nemesis Bracers. If you don’t have them on or in cube, it doesn’t matter, you still get the effect. If you do have them on, either 2 packs spawn or a ‘greater’ ‘more challenging’ pack spawns.

It will make you think twice before running around popping every shrine you see, especially in group play and in HC. Of course if you are geared for it, then by all means enjoy the carnage.

4 Likes

Season of 1000 paragon lvl cap

Season of Removing a zero from legendary gear dmg affixes, and removing all dmg affixes from set bonuses, aaand lowering droprates by 95%

Season of No/Nerfed zDPS builds

Season of no timers in GRifts.

5 Likes

Season of Hellfire: A season with free life save passives.

Season of Conventions: CoE on Passively

Season of Elements: Double highest elemental damage (maybe excluding CoE)

Season of the Stricken: Stricken run passively and matches your highest level gem level

Season of handies (name needs work): 2 handed weapons can be dual wielded for classes capable, and classes that can’t can run an offhand

Season of sometimes the screen changes colors: The screen changes colors every 2 minutes but nothing else happens

2 Likes

I love it.

Generally, global item effects are a cool idea.
This goes to Leoric Crown & Broken Crowns
Or the effect of The Raven’s Wing (Raven flies around)

I don’t see why not all of these can be applied at once. (Or at least some)

Season of smelly fart: a line of fart same as the boss “Ghom” smoke farts.

Theme Mechanic:
The smokey fart follows the players and enemies passes through the farts smoke line affected with x amount of damage and ( if enemies stays more than 15 sec in the fart cloud they get stunned for 2 sec. The stun effect happen once ever 2 min)

• Theme Bonus: if Ghom was the guardian you encounter in a GR, players will be one fart shot him down( the one shot gurdian effect applies only if you encounter Ghom ).

It might sound silly theme but surely better than the failed copy of S19 theme that we gonna see in S21.

Note ( S19 theme was not the best theme but was new nice and cool theme, at least we need to do effort to maintain killing streak to achieve a certain environmental power.)

3 Likes

Season of patience. Whenever you play 20 hours without a break, you get 100% more experience for the next 20 hours. Stacks up to 5 times.

4 Likes

Its botters dream theme. Name of theme should be “bot to greatness”

4 Likes

I love these! I heart you all.

3 Likes

Season of the Massacre.
Massacre bonuses during rifts and greater rifts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Worst theme ever in my opinion. It really is of no value, it doesn’t change game play in any ways.

1 Like

Season of “We’re out of ideas so screw it”

Everyone starts at level 70 with 50,000 paragon and perfect primal gear for all sets for their chosen class. All gems at rank 200 with 10,000 GR keys and 1 million of each component and 999,999,999,999,999,999 gold. You have all cubed powers. All sets now deal 1,000,000% more damage and damage resistance on top of their current bonuses. As soon as you hit level 70 you get all cosmetics in the game, including the ones in China.

5 Likes

Nice theme idea @Zeddicuus I just worry all bosses and guardians gonna hide at diablo hell palace and write to blizz dev to complain that they transform nephelms to God’s and ask to nerf us all …

Blizz dev listens and nerf us to D3 Vanilla gear :frowning:

Season of Solitude.
-Only single player. No group play.
-Triple Experience.
-Torment level increased to 27.

4 Likes

Season of Ramaladni.
You can use all your useless ramaladni gifts to put sockets on your rings and amulets in addition to weapons.

3 Likes

Season of coventus gemmus:
All socket slots can now be occupied by legendary gems. All legendary gems will get a tuning pass so more gems will be an option.

1 Like

They also need to change the basics and superficial parts of the game. There are never any new portrait frames, pets for season 19/20 were a change, but they are back to same old, same old. Maybe they could change the season journey too, once again it’s just the same thing.

Then again, if D4 is really going to be that good, maybe all Blizz’s resources are going into that.