Season theme rather dull

I always look forward to the Season themes. They all have had impact on gameplay and made for exciting nuance that refreshes the Diablo 3 experience.

The Season 21 theme mechanic (apart from being a bit repetitive) is extremely useless. Especially the Flame Wall and Snowball; they move so slow. The mechanic has little-to-no impact on gameplay as 2 of the 5 buffs are abandoned as soon as they pop.

Perhaps speeding the pathing of those 2 would help make the theme more useful?

5 Likes

And now way to see when about to happen , no timer nothing…

Yeah I think there should be a visual help like a countdown to know when exactly the theme is being casted.

They should add CoE item as a passive community buff. Season of Elements.

2 Likes

Strongly Agree. I was looking forward to this theme because I enjoyed the Pandemonium theme and liked that it was impactful from level 1 of starting the season. I had hopes this would be the same.

Issues:

Who’s doing what here?

There is no visual queue to the effect being triggered, just the audible. What exactly causes an ‘elemental event’ to happen? Is it time-based? Cause it doesn’t feel mob count or like it has anything to do with me.

Stand AFK in a corner and wait for the audible clue to happen every few minutes and watch the elemental effect more or less just tickle the mobs. That is how it exists today and it’s not fun. The effect happens with or without me. The damage the elements did at level 1-2 didn’t kill mobs and it barely tickles them at 70. I don’t expect it to clear the board but it should do SOMETHING to be meaningful.

Rather than the seasonal buff killing (tickling) the mobs, it would be much more engaging if the seasonal effect buffed the PLAYER making it easier/faster for them to kill mobs.

Inconsistent Effects.

It would be super nice to see something like a Convection of Elements style visual buff tracker. I’d also like to see the season effect buff my own abilities of the same element, it would become more meaningful to the player (it then would basically become a free COE for everyone which would be VERY interesting.) Also, the environmental procs should do something to the mobs. Not one-shotting the board but the snowballs should move faster and freeze mobs, the firewall shouldn’t be a wall but a circle of fire that fires 360 around the player burning every mob it touches, etc. Having a poisoned meteor more or less proc off the screen from me (and do nothing to anything it hits) is really sub-par

The effects need to be player-centered, impact the players DPS and DO something meaningful to the mobs. .

Please, make the seasonal buff a COE style player elemental buff in addition to the environmental effects that happen around the player rather than board-wide and give us a visual counter/buff tracker.

That would make this season much more fun & interesting imho.

I think every player having a CoE or triggered attack(similar to the nephalem globes) would be better than this bullcrap, random procced graphic chewer. If it’s a glorious wall of fire, and nothing happens you just feel awful. And of course that’s to say nothing of the obvious problem of not mattering. Even if the effect is multiplied in high GRs it’s still essentially irrelevant.

1 Like

Now let’s be honest. Nowhere in the patch notes states what dmg, if any, inflicts on the mobs :slight_smile: so just tickling might just do, hell, you should do the dmg not he game itself :slight_smile: Suicidal mobs?? neah, that’s for pus**s :slight_smile: Just be grateful for what you’re givin’

• At this point I’m just sarcastic

• Just wish for another theme

This is better and more consistent instead of waiting for 2 minutes for something that you can’t even control.

3 Likes

Totally agree with this, it’s similar to RoRG season, frees up a ring slot for more interesting player choices and makes players actually think about things perhaps. I normally like the season themes, but this is just so bleh. They basically took all the wizard skills, added RNG and dumped them on a two minute timer. Does decent damage, but it might as well not exist - My screen changes color, I think, ok here comes a little more DPS, and then it is over. Pretty boring.

4 Likes

I’d totally be down with that.

I do like that idea but wouldn’t be this some kind of buff just for the CoE? I mean every 4 second cycle u’d receive a bonus or something? greater dmg or something?..

I didnt exactly understand your concern but its pretty much similar to the RoRG season theme, the item became a passive community buff where everyone had it without the need to equip it.

Legendary Power:
Gain [150 - 200]% increased damage to a single element for 4 seconds. This effect rotates through the elements available to your class in the following order: Arcane, Cold, Fire, Holy, Lightning, Physical, Poison.

Being that S21 is about elements it kind of makes sense. Though what are the chances that the Devs will actually do this. S20 literally had a massive negative feedback with a large number of community members asking to add or modify the theme, and they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, it just went live as it is.

2 Likes

I vote to make the CoE ring as a passive buff instead.

2 Likes

They need to remove it, it’s just bad. If they can’t come up with anything better just keep the cube open and give us a free rorg for the season. That would benefit every single build. Better than whatever is currently on the PTR

Now I see what you’ve meant and as I said before I’m in favor

No like basically you get a free COE without wearing it. They did that with RoRG one season.

That was the first thing that came to mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m really hoping that they turn this “elemental” season into a free CoE like people are suggesting. Players have absolutely no control over the current “buff” and no way to plan around it or use it to their advantage unlike every single other seasonal schtick blizz has given us.

1 Like

If they don’t want to add full CoE maybe a nerfed version could work. Like every 3 seconds you gain 1% increase in All Elemental Damage. (Max 40% Elemental Damage). However, it resets after 2 minutes but activates Season AoE effect.

Edit:

Or they could also add like a Stone of Jordan Effect which would give us 25% damage against Elites, 15% Elemental Damage increase based on whatever your highest static elemental bonus, and the new bonus of elemental’s damage bonus is equal to your highest static elemental bonus to skill.

The only way I could see the current theme working is if they make the elements revolve around you, something like the animation from CoE. The snowball (hopefully snowballs), twisters and maybe the wall of fire circle around you as you walk and maybe with a “pulsing” radius (starts at 10Ya goes up to 30-40-50Ya, back and forth) for its whole duration. Meteors would fall in a 50Ya radius and the lightning thing something like the DHs Fan of Knives thing… And for sure, more dmg being it standard dmg or a multiplier of your own dmg (xxxx%)

While it isn’t the most jaw dropping theme I did notice damage dealt while levelling. In a rift for instance the lightening did enough damage to kill mobs on it’s own as I ran through them. The snowball and fire didn’t seem to damage at all, the tornados were ‘okay’. Obviously levelling is a small part of the season so I hope the deficiency as reported by Rax and the like will be addressed before season start.

1 Like