Season theme is op 🤪

While screwing around I did a 126 gr with 1300 para and could honestly do 130 with a little fishing if I tried. The killstreak is stupid op. After watching the 150 clear video and doing what I did at 1300 Paragon I really feel the devs have screwed up. This season is so powerful it makes me question what the next season is going to be and how they can compete with this one.

Well. I did 135 with nearly same paragon 1380. I think I can fish to 140. However, I am retired this season. Done with fisherman.

2 Likes

Are you playing non season or done till the next go round?

1 Like

Yet before S19 started they nerfed lamentation belt by removing the additional 150-200% extra damage to Rend, but ultimately changed it back to 100-150%, because they "Might Have Overshot It, but hey the season theme is perfectly balanced right? :roll_eyes:

Even though some people including me mentioned about it on the PTR, but who cares, lamentation was OP, cause a 10500+ guy cleared 140 GR with perfect gear and it needed to be slightly nerfed, but the season theme is perfectly fine even after they “fixed” the angels one shotting 150 GRs, now they just need 5-10 hits to kill the guardian instead, not to mention other kill streaks ONE shotting everything on the screen, but hey lamentation was OP and needed a nerf from 150-200% to 100-150%, the season theme is perfectly BALANCED… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s all a little… baffling to say the least. I’ve never been a fan of Seasons, but the current theme is so ridiculously OP that I can’t take Seasonal clears seriously.

3 Likes

Yes this is OP but I dont get the whole idea of complaining, tbh …

The new sets are fun and worth playing.

The barb tweaks finally gave him a “redeem” (at least for solo and speed meta). And yes, going down from 200% to 150% on lamentation was a bad hit : 1/3 dps decrease (?). But how many GR levels is that ? 2-3 levels ? Remember they completely removed the buff, people cried (and I agreed with them) and we got back to 150% …

Meanwhile, NS barbs are still performing way much better than it has ever been in a very very long time. And we have yet to see the new set for the barb which will come in the future. One could not expect 150 clears before the new set was released, indeed ! :stuck_out_tongue:
Once 150 is done, at “normal” PL, it’s game over dudes. Personnally I played the game since 1.02 and I hope D3 will give me even more fun in the future (for FREE updates, remember ?), before this time comes .

So just play the game, enjoy S if u want (now non botters have at least a way to “compete” with the others). If you don’t like this S theme, well skip it and focus on NS (while waiting for the new sets to be revealed). There is some fun to test the new barb build(s). When u are done with barbie, try the monk, try the crusader (you can recycle a bit of STR gear with that class …) … =)

Even if the game is not perfect, it’s one of the best patch we have got in a long time for FREE (again … ;P) and there’s yet more to come when the new sets will be released !

SO … ENJOY ! :wink:

3 Likes

Its the best season yet imo. I like that you can actully make a comeback if you get behind. I managed 127 at 1100 paragon and only 4 augments but it was a real grind had to fish and only had 12 seconds left. Took forever just to get my first ng globe and the homing chickins. Its the first season ive enjoyed enough to get in the top 50

1 Like

I think it’s less about complaining, more about general confusion. They have these somewhat opaque balance goals, nerf builds that seem to exceed them, then introduce a Season theme that runs over all of that with a truck. What’s the point of balancing when the Season 19 theme can carry Paragon 2k players to GR 150 solo?

The whole thing is just… baffling.

Right, and I don’t want to throw shade on that accomplishment or on how much fun it can be to feel so incredibly powerful, but if you think about it, the Season theme is doing all the heavy lifting. What I’m saying is, try that same GR in non-Season at the same Paragon and with the same gear, and you won’t be able to clear it–not even close! In terms of it being the player vs the Season theme that is responsible for the clears, it’s about 80% to 20%–and honestly, it might even be more lopsided than that.

3 Likes

Well, I can only agree with that. This S theme is off the charts, in a way. However, keep in mind the changes involve both S and NS ! :wink:

2 Likes

We’re not a month into the season and there’s already a Barb 150 solo clear, so I tend to agree. That said, it’s been an incredibly fun season so far.

No one is complaining about the non-Season changes to Barb items. Buffs are buffs, and we definitely got them. But the point of the discussion is the power offered by the Season theme.

No doubt! My only point is that Season clears shouldn’t be taken too seriously since the disparity between what a build can actually do versus what the Season theme allows builds to do is massive. This is why I don’t talk much about Season play in the Rend guide, because in three months, it’s all going out the window. I admit that it makes me a little nervous about how they’ll follow up with next Season’s theme.

1 Like

Absolutely agree! I makes me angry when I hear people calling for another WW nerf based on how well it’s performing in seasons, totally disregarding the power level of the seasonal buff. I get the feeling this is how Lamentation got nerfed in the first place. Unless they come up with an equally powerful seasonal buff for Season 20 it’s going to feel like a huge step down from where we’re at this season. I should add I am a seasonal player and never play non-season except for between seasons.

Although there may be some posters who are misinformed, I think the players who are most concerned about balance base their consideration on the era/non-season to avoid confounders due to seasonal buffs that have differential class benefits.

4 Likes

While I think most people agree that the season theme is OP, I think it also offers a refreshing change to the playstyle.

Timing your kill count to the specific buff you want, and being able to time it to the exact time you want it, adds a different game, within the game.

While I agree that this season with the theme shouldn’t be in anyway compared to non season achievements, it’s just a different way to play.

3 Likes

I’m specifically talking about seasonal players who I run across that say WW is too OP and needs a nerf based on how it’s performing in Seasonal. As mentioned, I don’t play non-season, and neither do any of my friends.

Without the theme your right i couldnt do gr 120 but its a level playing field. Top 50 isnt that good but never played season long enough to be top 1000 before. Just saying its been fun because of the seasonal buff and i actually kept at it.

Yeah it’s really pretty disappointing. After 5+ years away from the game (last time I played was before season 1) I came a week or two before season 19. I thought season was just a glorified ladder. I didn’t realize it was a fundamentally different playing experience. It’s still fun because it’s “new” to me, but I wish I could take my character to non-season because I don’t know how I stack up at all. I literally tried pushing for the first time today at P1040 and cleared 117 without even using rage-flip, and with lots of gear still to augment.

I know it’s been said before, but I would LOVE to be able to flip my seasonal character to NS without waiting another 2 months.

Unfortunately it’s either wait for the season to roll, or level up a non season toon for now.

1 Like

To me, this season bonus is a perversion of the game. I just stopped playing.
I just hope next season will not be as broken.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it for a while. But I’m not getting that sense of accomplishment from pushing past a previous personal best. I’m getting a very meh feeling from it honestly.
Did I do really good on that run or did the game just give me the right number of mobs to pop the killstreak on three elites and spawn angels on rg?

1 Like