Season of Triune - Resource Cost Reduction

The buff for Season 18, the Season of the Triune, has been added

• Triune’s Will: All abilities have a chance when hitting an enemy to spawn a circle that gives a power. Only one circle can be active at a time.
    • Power: Players in the circle receive a 100% damage bonus while active
    • Resource Reduction: Players in the circle receive a 50% discount on resources spent while active
    • Cooldown Reduction: While standing in an active circle, any skills currently on cooldown come off of cooldown more quickly

Resource Cost Reduction (RCR) is great for many builds but Blizz it never works for all that well for Barbs.

Many Barb builds, Mighty Weapons and Mighty Belts have Life per Fury Spent (LpFS) as the main form of healing. RCR negatively impacts this as if a Barb spends less fury, we get less life back. At present nearly all Barb builds and guides tell Barbs “do not spend paragon points on RCR as you will affect your healing”.

Blizz, you even recognized Barbs and RCR a while ago as you gave 2 Handed Mighty Weapons the ability to double up in LpFS to combat the RCR problem you created.

Now with the season of Triune, Barbs again get a kick in the teeth with RCR being in the Triune circle. You could just take out the RCR “bonus” and say “while in the Triune circle all your healing is reduced by half”. Could you imagine doing that to all classes as a “buff” - No you wouldn’t.

So Barbs will get a damage boost but a nerf to healing for a season bonus. Lucky hey :thinking:

1 Like

The Triunes are barely usable. Time is way too short, to recognize, navigate and use. The time should com a lot closer the the field from the Oculus ring, i think is around 6 seconds. Needs improvement to really be classed as a QoL

I think they need to change the circles or globes or auras. As for the types of rings I think it’s fair, damage everyone needs, cooldown most people need, resource cost reduction most people need. By doing it this way they have a buff that everyone can benefit from and will enjoy and two that are useful more fun additions. Other than damage and damage reduction there are few things all classes and builds require. And only adding it damage buffs would be boring.