Season Journey and Achievement Bug [Solution]

All tried, nothing helps.

I’m facing the same issue. Already tried everything that is explained in this thread without success.
Actually, on America Server everthing’s fine, only on the European Server I’m facing this issues since some days.
Is anyone from Blizz still investigating this issue?

Thank you very much!

That’s exactly what happens to me. I’m an EU player, and in the EU server it basically blows up no matter what I try to fix it. Jump to another server and boom, everything runs as intended.

My five cents. Below there is a screenshot that illustrates this bug.
In fact, this is a compilation of two screenshots: at the top it was made from my side, at the bottom - by another player who has this bug.

https://i.imgur.com/v8SvDeB.jpg

You can see that we are in the season in a group. At the same time, I have a button for viewing the seasonal journey, but the other player does not have it. And if he press shift + J, then an empty window is opened without quests of the seasonal journey.

As mvp of eu/ru technical support, I already know several people with this bug. The tips at the beginning of this topic do not help. Please fix this bug or give us an information on how to fix it ourselfs.

2 Likes

Adding Link to the Not a bug thread to this thread.

@bigblack
The missing button at top right seems something is broken to me. I’ve never seen this before.

I’d suggest running Scan and Repair tool first. And then go through the methods above.
If it doesn’t help, I suggest you to create a new topic because the title of this thread contains the word “[Solution]”; I’m afraid Blizzard will skip reading this thread.

Hi,
I’m also facing the same issue since few days. Already tried everything that is explained in this thread without success.
Problem occurs when connected on European Server. On America server (same device, same acount) it works fine.
I’ve also opened a ticket to support, but did not get any solution so far.
I hope support will investigate deeper, as it is very anoying not to be able to complete this season journey…

1 Like

I got the same issue, the Window stays blank and i already did everything suggested in here; Problem occurs on the European Server, on the Asian one is works

After running a ticket with Tech Support where sadly (and even though they tried diligently) they couldn’t fix it for me, I’m stating my case: Season Journey blank on EU, tried all the steps listed here, opened a ticket, ran their connection troubleshooting aswell as deleting again cached folders, then tried the new fix they told me: new admin account to run the game and checking the HOST file for issues, but still persisted even repeating the connection troubleshooting guidelines a second time. They made a second manual trial, but it seems to be a technical issue on EU. They told me to post this here and that the devs are on it, so I’m hoping to hear from them soon.

“Run as admin” is Method 3. Does it mean that you haven’t tried all methods?
If so, try Method 4 and Other Methods (DNS settings, delete game manually and reinstall)

For DNS settings, I don’t have any detail steps because the original poster didn’t mention. I think you can use Google DNS or other public DNS.

Personnally I also did try all methods, inlcuding “run as admin”, and using Google DNS.
I also tried a fresh install from a different computer.
None of these tries helped to solve the issue. Season joourney is still blank when connected to EU, and works fine on other realms :frowning:

That’s really useful information as, in one stroke, it proves that the issue is not client-side, because it’s a different PC, a clean client install, and starts off with no locally cached data, i.e. the problem has to be account based / server side.

The entire issue, at least in my case, seems to be Account bound
I let my Boyfriend try it with my Account on his computer in brazil, so neither the same Network nor provider, and it didnt work for him either, so this is an issue with the Account itself and probably has nothing to do with the computer you use

1 Like

I agree with jakob601.
My last tries :

• Connecting via another DNS (Google DNS) : same issue
  • Connecting thru a VPN, from several server around the world (UK, US, Canada, Japan …) : same issue !
    Hard to think this is not Account bound …

Account bound? … interesting theory …
If account related, you may try resetting battle.net password, it may resolve some account-related issues.

• Exit D3 and launcher entirely
  • Login to your account management webpage
  • Change your password (you may change it back after testing.)
  • Test again with the new password

Good Luck!

Well, what I meant with “account bound” is that something may be wrong in my season journey datas stored on EU realm, or at least, something prevents from accessing this datas on this realm. I doubt that changing password will help but, as I don’t see anything else to do so far, I will give it a try.

It would be nice if we could activate some tracing / error logging on the client side in order to troubleshout more easily, but I don’t know if something like that is possible ?

Changing password doesn’t take much time and harmless. Why not give it a try?

The achievement/journey window display problem shouldn’t affect you getting the achievement. The last thing I can suggest is to use the season journey tracker to track your season progress. When you finish an objective, you should see an achievement pop up on-screen. You can mark it on the web page: Diablo 3: Season 27 Journey Tracker

First of all I would like to thank you Maskraider for your support and suggestions.
Even if problem is not yet solved, I really appreciate your suggestions.
I’ve tried to change my account password, but unfortunately it did not help.
I will try to complete the journey with the help of the web page you linked.
At least if I can complete the journey and unlock the rewards, it will be not so bad.

Good news ! I finally managed to unlock my season journey screen !
When looking closer on my achievments, I’ve noticed that my Set Dungeon was not validated (it was my first barbarian character since few years, and I’ve never done any Set Dungeon with this class), although I’m absolutely sure to have succeed one this season.
So, it seems something wrong happened when validating this achievement, leaving the season journey datas in an unknown state.
So I decided to try to validate another time this Set Dungeon. And Bingo ! Once validated, the season journey screen came back miraculously !
Pfiouhh that was a lot of efforts to find the root cause of this bug, but finally it was indeed related to one step of the journey that was incorrectly validated, and stayed in a weird state, leading to a buggy screen.

So for those who still have the issue, please try to re-do some of the recent steps of the journey, and especially the Set Dungeon that was buggy for me.

2 Likes