Season is over, exploits everywhere

does anyone know about the pets being able to activate the seasonal theme?? its all messed up!!!

shouldn’t it be possible according to the blue post?
such an epic fail from the d3 dev …
and yes there are extremely many exploiters in the EU. They have been cheatting for weeks and have cleared lvl 150 in all teams many days/weeks ago.

1 Like

“usual speed” means 6 months. :rofl: no joke!

5 Likes

yes … especially they clear lvl 150 in 5-6 min on EU.
and I can’t follow their logic. they do not play the game itself and do some strange thing.

1. WD was good and playable without brainless hammering :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: on keys. and now it’s pointless set with big problem with single target.
  2. DH is good, but extremely uncomfortable to play. and now they want to make this USEABLE set pointless?

the question is only for what? and why are other sets so bad and useless?
it is obvious that many customers simply uninstall d3. REALLY new content has not existed for years and playing becomes masohism. :poop:

1 Like

We already got their initial response to the concerns here:

It’s unlikely we’ll hear more than a “we’re still working on it” before they have at least some solution ready to deploy. When that will be is anyone’s guess, since we’re not just dealing with a stacking proc exploit, but physical and visual accessibility issues as well. As much as I hate dealing with the theme from a visual perspective, I’d rather they put priority into getting rid of that exploit. Then they can devote their resources entirely toward figuring out the best compromise for the physical and visual accessibility issues.

However, I’m just as much for them taking their time and watching all of the exploiters carefully so they can smack them in the face with an Error 52. That works for me too.

2 Likes

why why would you fix exploit first?

Do i care about someone clearing 150 with exploit/bot/nolife? No.

But i care about being able to PLAY the game lagfree and visually attractive.

1 Like

It’s a very vague response, they aren’t adressing the “exploit” part at all. With these matters they need to be clear. Like back with frailty+dh marked for death it was quickly specified that it was a bug and shouldnt be used and they will patch it. Now nothing on the subject.

1 Like

To be fair to the devs, we do not know what they are allowed to say and not. It’s obvious that any misinformation within a gaming community leads to utter chaos for the game devs…been see a lot Over the last few years.
So maybe better off not giving a timeline?

I know for sure they at least give more info and updates that are relevant compared to the USPS service that has a package of mine taking 7 days to travel from CA to…another city in CA…

you don’t play alone either. there are other players online. and when they see such a mess, it affects their mood, motivation, endurance and many more.
exploiter, botter etc. have no place in a multiplayer online game.
or do you play d3 offline?

1 Like

I play with friends and in a guild.

Mood, motivation and endurance based on leaderboards are flawed by bots anyways. And for me, those lags and a anooying sound/visual are a bigger letdown than a zdps clearing a 150 or botting all season to 9k paragon.

To ensure that the exploit is removed and tested first. It may actually be faster to remove the exploit first simply due to the mulititude of visual issues needing to be resolved with the theme. The reasoning here is that Blizzard (supposedly) now has a proper accessibility team that can help with the issues, as they’ve already had input on various visual issues since their inception. The Classic team can remove the exploit while the accessibility team posits the best potential changes based on the feedback already given. That process takes time, so if you do that first, then the exploit remains for a longer period of time. Removing the exploit first could very well be the most cost/time effective methodology in this case.

It isn’t a simple matter of “which do we do first”, it’s a matter of which is best to physically do first. In an ideal world, accessibility would come at the same time the exploit is removed. The practicalities of coding and testing against various visual needs may dictate otherwise.

Eh, I’m thinking of taking a break from Diablo 3 at least for a few seasons. This game is falling apart. Too much power creep, broken/exploitable seasonal buffs, new sets that allow you to kill everything on the screen by holding one button and clicking another… The game is just not challenging anymore… Time to move on I suppose.

of course everything makes more joy with like-minded people. and it has long been known that season theme caused lag, visual spam, etc.
nevertheless there are many other players. the world is not limited to a relatively small group of players.

1 Like

Not sure if its an exploit? zDPS (zero DPS) barb clears GR 150. This what that rank 1 barb wrote in his reddit post about 150 GRift clear:

Big shoutout to [censored player name] for showing how to exploit the season theme in a way that makes solo 150 clears quite easy.

Anyone who did 150 for the most part in season 19 used the same mechanic. (Get meteors, rgk runs, spawn meteors again. Wasn’t changed, leaderboards are already ruined for competition honestly… definitely aren’t going to get reset mid season for a theme that rolled out poorly…if the theme did less damage ticks we wouldn’t have a season at all because it would crash the server from lag…I have no idea what the zbarb clears did? Probably zeroed percentage condi festering or something which is like one in 5000 keys…

I’m not at all pleased with the season theme but that’s what we got…a remake season 19…but 100x stronger.

I think that the use of allowed game design that led to high clears in season 19 occurred starting mid season. The current season started on July 3 and is less than 2 weeks old. This is a major difference. Presumably, Blizzard will fix the exploit and potentially clear obvious GR 150 solo exploit clears. It may be harder to untangle the group leaderboards unless they really do a full leaderboard reset.

To my knowledge, I think there are only two season 21 solo GR 150 clears (one in EU and one in the Chinese server).

Well even if they did somehow manage every clear where stacks somehow reset the season is already kinda ruined because people have more paragons, and possibly all 150 augments a week into season… somehow it happens in Solo too when you die two themes go off back to back almost…
The theme had pretty big problems from first week of ptr. and was probably already set in stone from weeks of creating it before ptr even and was deemed (just fix it) and couldn’t be fixed so this is what we got unfortunately…
Just like joining a bounty run when you’re not in the game is probably a bad thing too because it leads people to exploit that too for “free bags”… but honestly just enjoy the season for yourself… you can still be competitive and not use specific tactic to get there. I’m going to be glad tbh to barely squeeze onto leaderboards at all each season which is always my own personal goal. I don’t really care too much about the other 90 percentage of competition…

I really get that fixing things to properly work and still be able to use the seasonal theme. However from my point of view as a player and developer, I would simply disable the theme and enable a working one that does not effect directly leaderboard outcomes (e.g. double bounties / goblins).
You can’t expect them to fix it soon because as we already heard, there is only one (!!!) active developer working on a game with this scale. Plus, we have 2020 and corona, meaning workflow / time is already less then usual.

Beside the broken seasonal theme, there are so many small game decisions that help abusers and/or botters and do not get fixed by years. E.g. allowing people to join completed bounty runs and loot the caches. That helps those abusers even more and no normal person would loose anything with this mechanic just disabled.

So be realistic and try to set your own goals elsewhere. For example, try to compete with your friends only for your own personal leaderboard.

1 Like

Locking this up as we have an incoming hotfix to address a few items.

11 Likes