Season Idea: Legendary Gem rotation

I’m not so creative so you’d have to make up a name for it but it’s pretty simple but would allow for a lot to go on.

Every week we get a buff from a differently legendary gem start with LoD to help with the start of the season. I don’t even know if this would be possible with the amount of possible work it could take but I think it’d be awesome and allow for some people to make use of gems they never would.

Such as me being a DH main I never use the esoteric gem but the week that one rolled around I could forgo my elusive and probably wraps and go for more power or nemesis bracers who knows.

Not sure if there is enough weeks to go through all of them but :man_shrugging:t2:

Seasons usually last around 3 months, so 13 weeks.
There are 22 legendary gems.

So mabye cut out some of the top one to not have too much ‘powercreep’ like some people say but also since they’re used almost all the time, BotT, BotS, Taeguk, etc I bet there’s a few that would necessarily need to be used.

From what I was told last season was extra long (it was my first season)

I think a “Season of the Trapped” is a perfectly fine Seasonal theme. I mean, having a passive “trapped” gem is nothing to sneeze at, but it rather bland.

Maybe combine that with the oft-suggested “Shrines and Pylons will spawn an enemy champion”, which dovetails nicely with the “Season of the Trapped” theme.

1 Like

That would be cool but I’d love to have a cycle so there’s gems that a lot of people don’t use. Many use the trapped and while it would free up a slot for another power gem my idea is so there is some safety/utility gems worked in there as well.

If we all have the trapped would you throw an eso in its spot? Probably not.

Though I would still be happy with it if that was a theme

Exactly, but if you have a passive Trapped, you could use whenever gem was your 4th choice; so you’d get to experiment with a different gem for one season.

Trapped as a season theme is just a damage buff, so just give the buff and folks do GR150 in 2 days of season…dont like it…its just more creep.

But rotating a buff of each LG is interesting…as it would mean your build may adapt for each buff…and therefore mix up the meta?

Its a good potential idea as a theme.

1 Like

Too bad I can’t post it in general discussion where it ‘may’ get some love…or hate from certain people which is fun to see to :partying_face:

I’m for “Season of Solist”. If playing Solo, gain xxx% more XP, to close the gap between Solo and 4man-Meta. This would allow solo players reach the same XP as 4man meta.
Only difference would be a little lower gem and augment levels.

1 Like

I would t mind that, wouldn’t change me playing as a group because I enjoy my boys that I play with. But it would be nice to have that boost when they’re not on and I’m running solo.

However as a PS4 player this would boost the save wizard cheaters because they never have a group and would allow them to get even further on.

I haven’t ever seen the #1 HC cheater but my guess is I’m on his tail paragon wise and he paid 60 bucks to start at 2K and I’m a stones throw from 2.4.

We saw another save wizard who’s only at 2.5k, it sucks but it’s not the end of the world for me cause hell I past my personal goals long ago.

If you look @LB’s 4 of 7 solo SC leaderboards are a 3man group counted as Solo. So i think they play in a group but abusing a bug in the registration in LB’s.

I’m just not a fan of pure power creep, as mostly groups are benefiting much more than solo players. A Seasonal buff for solo players would close this gap for a short time.

I see a lot about that but I feel like that’s a carrot you don’t want dangled in front of you for a season, why not make it permanent for the next patch yeah? I’d rather a season theme benefit everyone and they just axe the group buff all together.

Unless there some season buff that is not xp based but buffs the damage of solo players so they can clear higher GRs.
It would drop a bit with 2man and then go to 0 for 3/4 man. But give they 3/4man mabye extra leg drops or something so they don’t feel left out not sure.

It’s hard to not penalty one of both with a seasonal buff. Free power buff due to seasonal theme increases gap between solo and group play further. Season 19 was terrible, where groups speed running 150 in 5 mins.

Best seasons where Season of Grandeur and free LoN.

I also like the shrine based Seasonal idea

1 Like

Solo Buff? Only in our wildest dreams. I really wish they would but it is extremely unlikely as team play is so incredibility overpowered vs solo that they clearly don’t want people to play solo. Solo is basically hard mode at this point. Solo hardcore is just for sadists, LOL.

I like that shrine one too that’s cool, my main idea behind the legendary gem rotation is that like season 20 it would allow for some awesome combinations even for solo players too.

A complex one would be depending on the group size everyone gets a a different gem(s) buff.
Example
1 players gets stricken, trapped, eso
2 players get eso trapped
3players get eso
4- none

That would be insane fore solo players some weeks depending on the rotation but somehow I bet anyone that’s done programming just vomited by reading that.

Season of Hell.

Every day of the season a piece of gear you are wearing, at a random interval, changes to another Legendary piece.

1 Like

now, you are thinking on EVE Online’s devs level of bs lol. Every other month they are changing stuff just for the fun of it, and its either the ships or the mods themselves.

Recently they had a shield boosting nerf party and dropped the resists of shields and or shield boosters.

1 Like