Season End Date

How about notifying your player base that the Season is ending on the main page instead of creating a thread in the General Discussion Forum. Communication is something you guys are striving for, so how about letting your player base know the ending date for the Season in the preview for the next season or having it’s own separate headline article on the Diablo 3 Homepage. Work on your communication more Blizzard…

6 Likes

There was a notification in the battle net app for the past 1+ week.

9 Likes

That notification did a poor job of notifying cuz I too had no notice of any season end date. Bnet app, for me, only showed date of incoming season. And at least thrice weekly do I cycle through all blizz games therein to get supposed news.

2 Likes

Can’t say for US, but on EU, the Season 18 splash was only added to the Battlenet launcher a couple of days before Season 17 ended. Do you remember when they used to post “Season XX Ending Soon” blogs and put these on the launcher too? You know, giving the players at least a fortnight’s notice and letting players that were new to seasons know what happens when the season ends. It’s ludicrous that the one guaranteed method of telling all of their players - the launcher - isn’t being used to give people notice of the end of a season.

They keep saying they want to get better at communications but haven’t posted a “Season XX Ending Soon” blog since the end of Season 14.

5 Likes

I remember. I also remember that even with that blog, there were scores of “bug reports” from clueless players that didn’t read the blog and wondered what happened to their seasonal characters, their gear, etc. I guess Blizzard figured nobody was reading those articles and gave up posting them.

3 Likes

They used to make the information available to 100% of their players. Now they don’t. Whether the players read it or not is subsidiary to the fact that they’re choosing to be worse at making the information available.

3 Likes

Well everyone knows that the season IS going to end, so i feel like it is your own responsibility to at least spend 2 mins looking to find out when. it has been posted for almost 2 weeks that it was ending today.

3 Likes

On the US forums, yes.
Not on the EU forums.
Not on the Battlenet launcher.

So what you are saying is that not one single person on the EU side of things, be it Cm/MVP/ or regular forum user has made a single post about the end date of seasons, when we know there are a large number of posters on US forum that only play EU.

Sounds like anyone there could have stepped up just a bit.

3 Likes

They did post on Twitter on Aug 3:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Diablo/status/1157320912288591873

This is the only official notification I know, besides the forum post.

But, I still prefer a notification on the launcher and a blog post on the home page.

This is from the EU Battlenet launcher…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/19/d3_battlenet_s18_news.jpg
The splash on the launcher’s page was not added until mid-afternoon on the 15th August, i.e. three days before the season was due to end.

The day the new forums went live, there was a single blue post welcoming us to the new forums. There hasn’t been a single blue post on the EU forums since then. The EU Community Manager - Kheluriel - last posted on the old forums, back in December 2018.

Again, Blizzard already have a 100% guaranteed method of communicating to 100% of its customers, i.e. the Battlenet launcher, and the last time they used this to tell us that a season was ending was for the end of Season 14.

Don’t try and lay this at the feet of the customers for not passing on something from the US forums to the EU forums when it’s Blizzard that should be doing this. Heck, I even asked in the US forum sticky why there wasn’t an equivalent EU sticky and got shot down by other players for asking the question.

Hrm… that sucks.

I’ve been staring at the launcher splash for at least a week telling me when the season was ending. Prompted me to make sure to clear out all the stuff I didn’t want to keep.

Just recently it changed to the season 18 start date one.

Odd that they don’t update these all at once.

(I’m from Straya, but we are somehow merged with NA).

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093786/season-18-the-season-of-the-triune-begins-august-23-8-15-2019

1 Like

The blog that tells you when S18 is starting was published on the Thursday afternoon before S17 was due to end on Sunday. There was no blog about S17 ending. They used to publish season ending blogs with at least a fortnight’s notice.

Ahh, I see. My mistake.

1 Like

The sole fact that as a somewhat experienced blizz customer (I’ve spent over a decade spreading the holy loladin light in wow) the only somewhat viable info I found when I spent time googling about the season ending was “It might last until the end of August, but probably won’t end until early September” reveals that the communication could’ve been better. It was my first participation in seasonal play, it felt like spending a lot of time learning this and that and failing to finish my last requirement for conqueror or whatever the last tier of challenges was named due to not enough info felt rather stupid, even if it’s supposed to be all my fault.

TLDR: I was away from my pc for like 5 days and for all I knew I was supposed to be playing the season for at least 1 more week. So yeah, not the best communication. I bet lots of people who don’t bother with forums are in the same shoes. :slight_smile:

You didn’t google very well then b/c a quick ‘diablo 3 s17 end date’ provided me with all the info I needed.

1 Like

The “splash” on the games tab isn’t for news, but rather whatever they think can make them money.

Season 17 end date was on the NEWS section of the launcher. Always go there mate.

Here’s a picture of the EU / English (UK) News for D3…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/19/d3_battlenet_news_d3.jpg
Do you see a “Season 17 Ending” article anywhere?

I remember seeing the S17 ending, S18 beginning over a week ago on the battlenet launcher. Combined with the forum post made almost 3 weeks ahead of time. There was a Twitter post too it looks like.

I ono. Seems like plenty of notice to me.

Word of advice, whenever the PTR goes up, expect the season to be ending a few weeks later. Sorry if you’re a newer player and don’t check the forums or know about how PTR ties into patches/seasons, but lesson learned.