Season Buff Feedback

Seasons

• The buff for Season 18, the Season of the Triune, has been added
    • Triune’s Will: All abilities have a chance when hitting an enemy to spawn a circle that gives a power. Only one circle can be active at a time.
      • Power: Players in the circle receive a 100% damage bonus while active
      • Resource Reduction: Players in the circle receive a 50% discount on resources spent while active
      • Cooldown Reduction: While standing in an active circle, any skills currently on cooldown come off of cooldown more quickly
    • Developer Comment: The last couple of Seasonal buffs have been focused primarily on end-game content. We wanted to try something different this Season with a buff that was more beneficial to players regardless of where they might be in their Season Journey. Triune’s Will can come into play as early as level 1 and continue to make an impact on your game experience from the beginning to the end of the Season, and we’re looking forward to seeing how players leverage this ever-changing boost throughout their adventures!

I want to focus on the part in the developer comment that states “We wanted to try something different this Season with a buff that was more beneficial to players regardless of where they might be in their Season Journey.” A random buff is not really more beneficial to players regardless of where they might be in their Season Journey. It could be more beneficial to players early in their season journey but as players fill out their builds toward their end game then really only the power buff is beneficial.

A player at end game is not going to have a build that relies on a random buff for CD or resource reduction. The CD or resource reduction they need is already built in. Thus getting those buffs is no longer beneficial. In order for the buff to be more beneficial to everyone a player should be allowed to choose the buff they get in the circle. Without being able to choose you are basically making it beneficial to early game which most players spend maybe 10% of their time in while making it 66% less beneficial to players in end game which they spend a majority of their time in.

Also being allowed to choose the buff would be more beneficial to even players in the early game. They might not have the CD or resource reduction they need for their builds yet. Being able to choose the buff would actually make the buff more beneficial and help them play their build before they get all the pieces with the right mods that they need.

4 Likes

It’s useless for everyone.

Especially when you’re grifting. You’re constantly moving and you sure as hell ain’t gonna waste time looking for that stupid ring when the ground is covered in poison/arcane or mortars falling all around you.

And it lasts even less than the Oculus buff, and can spawn at least half a screen away like the Oculus buff so by the time you’re free enough to use it, it’s faded away.

Might as well remove it completely and have no seasonal buff whatsoever for all the good it does now.

4 Likes

I just started levelling a seasonal hero. Completed a rift and not a single time did the circle drop on top of my hero, often dropping nowhere near her. It’s completely useless for builds that rely on mobility, rather than standing still to do damage. Also, the resource cost reduction circle… what happens to builds such as HotA where they rely on Life Per Fury Spent to help stay alive? That build doesn’t spend the 50 paragon points in resource cost reduction precisely so HotA costs as much Fury as possible, to maximise the healing received. If this circle drops on top of a HotA Barb, will it reduce their self-healing?

This buff is terrible, beyond useless to all but the most mobile builds… I was hoping all the buffs (damage increase, reuse, etc) would all be in the circle, but they’re different color circles depending on the buff… I just don’t get how this is worth my time and effort.

If this is how Blizz wants to run this season, ok, but make it an aura buff that follows the character atleast… that way it is very beneficial some of the time (when damage rotation is up), and semi-beneficial or completely useless the rest of the time (depending on builds)…

other than that possible change, very disappointed in this seasonal buff, almost to the point, of “why bother with this season?”

2 Likes

I feel the same way, dh it useless, crusader,barb it useless, so why have it?

It has to fall on the character, or it will be no good to anyone, or just in front of the character, a dh is a long range shooter, and it shows up in the enemies or on other side, what point is that?

There are rings are plentiful with a full 4 man group rifting or grifting together.

The rings overlap and are easy to get to.

I feel the same way. The whole system is flawed. No impale DH or any melee will be able to make use of these circles while pushing. While farming they are useless. Also no to be rude but very boring. Damage will be the only thing that matters as you said you cannot build around sometimes having CDR or RCR. I appreciate the devs trying something new but i hope it can be changed somewhat at minimum.

Well I was just thinking more about a change that they could make if they are intent on making the season an Oculus type ring season. It is true that no one really uses the Oculus ring in their build for that very reason of having to always be on the move. It would be nice if they made it a CoE season instead. But it’s not likely they will change the type of buff so I was just thinking of a way to make the buff more useful if you happen to be able to stand in it. CDR and RCR are not that useful to many builds and would suck even if it were an aura.

Please welcome The Season of The Distance Builds! Well that’s what it feels like, pretty much useless for melee and a season theme needs to be something all players can take advantage of equally. I mean even LoN buff was more equal, as in each class had at least 1 high tier build and 2 or 3 mid-high tier builds.