Season 28 - No More Primals Dropping

In the last 4 days have completed 65 greater rifts and some t16 rifts, so at least 780 drops, but no primals have dropped for me nor had Kadala given me any. If the drop rate for primals is 1 in 400, shouldn’t I have received at least one primal??

Not a bug. Next time, search before posting.

4 Likes

So helpful of you. Get lost/

1 Like

This is not a help forum.

4 Likes

No. Just because the average drop rate is 1 in 400 doesn’t mean you always get 1 in 400. It only means you average 1 in 400 on a very long term.

4 Likes

Thanks. Still feels like too long of a dry spell.

The listed probabilities are based on an infinite sample size. You only have 780 drops, which is obviously not infinite. Considering you can get 8-11 leggo/set drops from a GR90, going through dozens of GRs without a primal drop is not very likely, but not impossible.

A 1 in 400 chance does not mean that 1 attempt is guaranteed to be successful out of a total of 400 attempts.

Probability is not a “bug”.

A few days ago I had back to back speed GR runs with double primal drops. I have never experienced primal drops in back to back GR runs and I likely never will again, given the extremely low probability.

1 Like

Your feelings have no place here. I see more primals then most players due to my no life game play. I can tell you the swings of finding primals is all over the place. Ive seen 2000+ legendaries between primals and I have also seen true double primal drops in back to back rifts. Ive also had a true triple primal drop from a rift guardian. And that was prior to this season. No altar shenanigans!!! You going 780 legendaries without a primal drop is a weekly occurrence for me. No one wants to hear crying about RNG in an RNG based game.

2 Likes

Well ok then. Why be so unpleasant about it? Part of your job as a forum facist? geez

1 Like

I got this the other day. This is where your missing primals went.

For every lucky person, there will also naturally be an unlucky person to keep the bell curve proportional.

I was the person who got 2 primals in a row and there will also naturally be another person who went 800 legendaries with no primals. That person was you, or someone like you. This is all working properly.

I like both of the posts above. Feelings have no place on the bug forums, AND there is no need to be a jerk.

Can’t we have both?

What job?!

We are players, just like you. We don’t get paid to do this.

Blizzard DOES NOT respond in the Bug Report Forums.

1. You report what you believe to be a game bug.
  2. Blizzard’s QA Team reads it and tries to reproduce your issue.
  3. If they can verify the bug, they pass the information on to the Developers.
  4. If they cannot reproduce it, or they know it is not a bug, they ignore it.

Those of us that post comments here are trying to help you.

• Sometimes we can offer a workaround until Blizzard can fix the issue.
  • Sometimes we try to explain why it is not a bug or how the game works.

Some players appreciate our help. Some don’t and just want to argue, sling mug, call us names and insult us.

I try to help where I can. After that…   I’m outta here.  

1 Like

Generally in life when you are direct and don’t sugar coat things the message gets absorbed better. How many times does someone need to tell you it’s not a bug or you just need to play more.

These are your responses to people trying to help you.

you were the first one to be rude

See you are finally getting it. A dry spell is not a bug but rather RNG. I suspect you already knew that though.

1 Like

Probability of not getting a primal in 800 drops is (399/400)^800, which is about 13.5%. So 13.5% of the player base has been more unlucky than you with primals, but they are not here posting about it as a bug. Or wait, some actually are, but they also shouldn’t. :smiley:

The bad luck is about the same as rolling a 6 sided dice 11 times without getting a 6. A bit unlucky, but not enough to call the dice unfair.

1 Like

What a pathetic bunch you forum trolls are. I have tried to delete my initial post and flagged it as inappropriate but it won’t go away so I will.

Fantastic. You will save us all from having to read more of your idiocy.

1 Like

Primal drops follow a binomial distribution. Although one might expect a certain number of primals per total legendaries, the actual number is variable (and the exact probability can be calculated).

1 Like

Good one… A zero poster crying about RNG calling someone else a troll. How original!!!
We already have a Bravata running around this forum. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

For a bit of context, Hardcore currently on Paragon 892 with several legendary gems at level 100+ and in all that play I have only had ONE primal drop.

I must have had THOUSANDS of Legendaries by this point and only ONE primal [which was worthless for my character of course] so if statistics works the way everyone up there is stating … it should be raining Primals for me for a week.

Unfortunately, it is the same as the Roulette table. Every Single Drop has a set probability to drop a Primal and either it does or it doesnt. Then that drop ends.

The next drop or the next spin of the Roulette wheel doesnt know or care what the previous spin came up as… the odds of spinning 23 Red are 37:1 every time… if you spin the wheel again, the odds of another 23 Red are exactly 37:1 again. Same for the next spin … you have IDENTICAL probabilities for a primal … aprox. 400:1 every time there is a Legendary drop. In our minds, we WANT all the misses to count for something … to add up so that we DESERVE a Primal we have EARNED a Primal… but that mistake right there is what makes the house rich.
They drop when they drop… and waiting sucks little shiny roulette balls.

Seriously… Para 892 and only ONE Primal … surely the game owes me some more by now right!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha yeah, it doesn’t matter how well you know the maths, gamblers fallacy is an emotion, and I think everyone feels it sometimes. I certainly do. “I’ve had crit chance roll 5.5% 7 times now, SURELY the 6.0% roll can’t be far away”, that kind of things. Just that if you know the maths, then you can identify the feeling as gamblers fallacy, and you know not to come and post about it on the forums. Or at least to whinge in the right place and right way to get emotional support after perceived bad RNG.

2 Likes

Almost last 10 days on season i get 200 Paragon and played many Nephalem and Greater rift, I don’t know exactly items i get (My guess 1500-2000 get items and could be more) and 0 primal i get. I didn’t want to research it before because I know what’s written here won’t change anything. Because Blizz won’t help and never find a solution!