Season 26 Trying to make sense of it

When the PTR dropped for season 26 Ya’ll were on to something and everything seemed fun. Then you dropped the final patch notes and TOTALLY kill your own seasonal theme. Like I can’t make this up at this point why even have a season 26 theme when you killed it before it came out. What the purpose aligning the theme with greater rifts when it supposed to be a rift that majorly different from a greater rift. The abundance of XP and shards is supposed to be the prize now you made it obsolete. Can you please make it make sense, also taking away shield pylon how are hard core people supposed to play idk what is going on, but this clearly shows someone don’t care skipping the theme is better than making a theme unenjoyable.

2 Likes

The party started a few days or a week or so ago. Welcome post ex facto.

For most softcore builds, removing the shield is a healthy choice. It was very easy to abuse it for ridiculous XP at very low paragon. It is still very doable in XP/h, but not quite as mindlessly easy without shield, although we ofc will have to wait for live to see what it actually is. The losers are HC as you say, and necros suffers a lot from the cc-immunity.

Imagine the bragging rights of playing HC solo only and necro only this season though. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I don´t know where you have been, but the new season theme was always lackluster especially compared to the last seasons.

I don’t think that season 26 will be as bad as some think. I think that the Echoing Nightmares will still have their place. They will allow power builds the opportunity to be used to farm for paragon. That is if they can complete a GR125+ in less than 3 minutes, including down time.

I was on PTR soloing more XP per hour at 1000 Paragon than the 7k Paragon groups did in S25. Where were you?

The ENs won’t help you clear higher GRs, and it’ll probably get really boring really fast, but the XP was out of control in first two iterations. We’ll see how it is live.

And a few Paragon numbers make a season exciting? Well if you think that I am out.