Season 26: Console

exactly.

All the commonly played builds. They are easy to spot, since they have build guide on popular sites like icy veins or maxroll.

Builds that do very well on the LBs all have 1 thing in common - big DPS. The biggest damage I’ve seen my s6 impale build do this season is 775T (crit; power pylon, oculus ring). Compare this to say Inna’s mystic ally (fire) and it’s severely underpowered. Speed, efficiency etc mean VERY LITTLE when it comes to a push GR. For farming yes, speed and efficiency do mean something. But not for push GRs, and it is push GRs that result in LB rankings.

I don’t need a GR completion pass thank you. Pretty sure I do way better than you do at the game when it comes to ranking (after removing the modder cheater scum with their fake GR150 clears, I’m currently rank 7 globally for HC DH PS4. And rank 2 for s6 impale, only losing out to a group player with mega paragon).

Why post incorrect information or was it based on your own experience on PS4? Inflation is at an all time high now, so I imagine a lot people will be affected now.

You’d be surprised what kind of information is out to there to get a well paying job working from home. Youtube has a lot of free information, like learning a programming language. No college degree required. Not sure your own personal story (handicapped, SS, etc).

Not everyone can program. Your brain is either wired for it, or it isn’t. It’s like some people can play a musical instrument or paint and others can’t. Some may learn it to some degree, but will never be really great at it or fully proficient, and others will never learn it no matter what. It’s just the way the human brain works.

I retrained (from IT) 3 years ago into a different employment field, but sadly, this employment field (unknown to me at the time of retraining) is endemic for being under employed, and also casually employed (no sick or annual leave). At my age, and my health, there are times when I am simply unable to work, and that means lost income. I am currently working 30 hours per fortnight (when most people work 40 hours per week). It is incredibly frustrating. It is exceptionally rare to get full time hours in my new industry, and full time is even rarer. Do I retrain yet again, into another work field? I don’t have 5k spare cash floating around to retrain with another course. Very frustrating.

But, either way, I simply do not have the spare income to afford a new XBOX unit (even if you can get them!). My current role requires comprehensive car insurance (not cheap), road side assistance (not cheap), first aid certificate, CPR, renewing specific licences (2 of them) every 2 years and a LOT of KMs, of which I get little back from the employer. If I was a business, I’d be claiming huge tax reductions, but employees in Australia get screwed at every opportunity by the tax man. Businesses earn the biggest bucks and pay the smallest amounts of taxes, whilst the ordinary man is supporting the nation financially. It sucks. Sadly, most Australians are too stupid to vote out our crappy government and main political parties and support parties that want to balance things properly and support the little man and not screw us over.

Anyway, that is the end of my diatribe.

I’m not sure what “incorrect information” I have posted. A player with p3500 vs a player with p2100 gives an extra 1400 paragon. That’s 7k main stat. 13 rank 125 augments is 8125 main stat. So, the group player has nearly as much main stat as I do just due to the paragon advantage alone. When they have 13 augments, they have 7k more mainstat than me. That’s a near 30% DPS buff. Not to mention the toughness buff, which is even more important when pushing at high GRs. I’m not even taking into account the high ranked lgems - rank 150 vs rank 135 is a 5% DPS buff. Pretty hard to compete. It’s like comparing a heavy weight boxer vs a bantam weight boxer. Or, do you dispute the group advantage? I’m absolutely positive if he had the same paragon as me, I’d be beating him. Paragon shouldn’t be creating an unbalanced playing field. Competition should be level and down to player skill and experience. It’s hard though when the serious LB pushers are all group players. They don’t want to lose that advantage that group play gives them, and they have very loud voices, championed by streamers like Wudijo who don’t give a crap about solo players. If Blizzard listened to the majority of players, not just the vocal 5% heavy group players, things would be balanced VERY differently. However, Blizzard is inept and incompetent. I rest my case.

Blizzard hasn’t learned its lesson and/or doesn’t care - One only has to look at their attitude with D4. It’s One reason why I will NOT be purchasing D4 and financially supporting Blizzard. As a consumer, I am under no obligation to support a company that screws me over and doesn’t listen. And, I’m not even touching on how Blizzard has so poorly handled (I’m being ultra polite here, my real thoughts and commentary would get my post removed lol) console issues.

Let’s consider, as an example, reduced FOV on consoles (vs PC). We have situations like this tusked bogan charging me from off screen - on the PC version of the game I’d see it and see its windup animation and be able to anticipate it and dodge it. Not on console.

I’ve been saying it for several years, no comment from Blizzard. No fix. NG? MANY players have complained about it and wanted fixes, nothing from Blizzard. Not even a peep. Massacre bonuses? behindtimes has demonstrated this problem in several videos on his channel (nytegard), and nothing has been done. We go from level 8 to level 9, PC goes from level 8 to level 14. And this advantage continues. Coupled with NG (half damage) and monster health pre torment 1/lvl 70 being double that of the PC version of the game on consoles (meaning it is effectively 4x harder for us to kill mobs vs PC) and we get shafted with crappy XP rewards vs PC who has it MUCH easier. There’s a reason why players can get to lvl 70 on PC in like 35 minutes solo. It’s kind of hard to get NG when mobs have double health vs PC and we are hobbled with half damage. It’s also harder to get kill streaks (and thus massacre bonus). It’s why I unequivocally say that console players are BETTER than their PC player counterparts. And we have to waste time with collecting NG orbs, whilst PC players can safely ignore them.

Blizzard’s lack of response to us here in these particular console sub-forums is a joke.

It’s pretty obvious that Blizzard doesn’t give a crap about us.

Mr Theoden: I usually find myself agreeing with most of your opinions, but I don’t understand your points on Console vs. PC.

I thik we can all agree that Diablo is just very different on console. The whole “moving vs. targetting” makes that very obvious. And yes, there are other differences. The FOV thing you mention is a good example. But then again we also have the channeling-twister thing on console.

You talk about being able to compete, and I fully agree on the Group-Solo thing. However, you do not compete with PC players when playing console, so we all have the same problems. Console specific issues, while annoying, do not keep us from competing on console, right?

What a story. Sorry, now going to spend time reading your entire post. If you are a problem solver, you can do anything. You spent a lot of time writing a lengthy response. I wonder if you could have done something more beneficial with your time.

That’s where I stopped reading…

LOL. how is that even possible? does he just play for a weekend and give up?

Yeah, I’ve been burnt out with Diablo for years now. I’ve been playing since the beginning, and have a ton of time in. So, I play until I complete the season journey, which is about 9-10 hours, then wait until the next season. (This upcoming season, my goal is to complete it in under 5 hours from the season start.)

1 Like

Yeah. This is just plain nonsense. 600p is reached on first day very easily within 8 hours of season for a lot of players. My group was 600p this season on console like 3 hours into start and we cleared first 4-man GR150 on XB on that Saturday with around 1100-1200p. No other group was even close to us.

Not to be rude, but this is where I doubt your numbers. I pay very close attention to the season start ranks and positions, and record them every season. 600 paragon @ 3 hours in the start of the season, I’d say would be incredibly unrealistic.

Season 25: Lionhearted - Rankings - Diablo III (blizzard.com)

[Diablo 3] S25 Europe Conquests Rank 1 EU 5/5 - YouTube

Three hours into the season, VelaRUS was paragon 150. We’re not talking one of the better players here. We’re talking the player who is consistently in 1st place every season on the PC. He beat the second place player to hit GR75 by about an hour, and he didn’t even clear GR75 by this point.

Season 22 was my best start ever, and this was about 3 hours into the season, and I was only paragon 260.

Yes, the above is PC, unless the console is given significant advantages, which I’ve never seen, unless you happen to know of a leveling process no one else happens to know…

Plus, I tend to play solo, where group players tend to gain much higher paragon much faster.

Eight hours, yes, people will reach paragon 600: in groups.

1 Like

I have no reason to doubt Icon. He’s been “top tier” consistently on XB - soft. He never finishes #1 but his group does very well every season he plays. He’s in one of those groups that’s #1 as “4man first weekend” or after week 1 or week 2. And then they get buried because they never play full season.

1 Like

When mentioning VelaRUS, I’m not talking top tier. I’m talking the undeniably best season start player/group on the PC.

Here’s Rob, Northwar, and Wudijo’s Season 24 start:

They’re a top tier PC group. They’re part of the group that created maxroll. And it took them over 5 hours to reach paragon 600. To give you an idea, compared to VelaRUS, Wudijo was 75 minutes slower getting to Tier 75.

Going solo, and going HC, it’s going to take significantly longer.

Basically, what he stated, is that his group is twice as fast as the best PC player on Earth. So, if you’re asking if I’m going to press ‘F’ to doubt, then yes.

But, what I’m trying to get at, is not that I doubt he’s a good player. And yes, he may have been the first player to hit paragon 600 on the Xbox. And I don’t think he’s lying in the sense that he believes he hit it that fast.

Rather, what I’m saying, is that the reason my numbers sound unrealistic, is because they’re actually realistic. and that peoples ideas of how the season starts out are unrealistic.

1 Like

Sure, you can hit p600 on day 1, within 8 hours. The efficient 4 man meta groups are getting to clvl 70 in an hour or so, chapters 1-4 of the season journey done in under 30 minutes. Then they have their 6 piece set and start grinding GRs. Even a 4 man GR60 will get you a lot of paragons very quickly. You can also get paragons quickly by running the set dungeon on T16. Mobs are fixed level, but you still get the XP @ T16, making it a gimme. Exploit hasn’t been fixed by Blizzard in at least 2 years that I’ve known of the exploit. Tops out around p300 and becomes inefficient after that. But, you can go from low level paragon to p300 in under 3-4 set dungeon runs using this method on T16 difficulty. And many top players are doing this sadly. I tested it like 2 years ago when I found out (wanted to confirm the exploit) but haven’t used it since, since it is cheating.

I’m typically p600 after about 12 hours of play, but I play solo and take 5-6 hours to hit clvl 70. I also tend to have crappy luck with gear dropping, and it’s hard to push when you lack the gear. I mean, a set of bounties for each act takes me a good hour (solo), especially at these lower levels. So, that’s 6-7 hours alone (solo) to get to clvl 70 and do all bounties, which is required in order to complete chapters 1-4 of the season journey. I don’t tend to push early anyway, preferring to go easier and get gear before pushing. That gives the group players a 2 day start on me, and I still crush them on the SC DH LBs, with lesser gear and far less paragon (they are typically p1500 by the time I hit p600 and are all ancient geared vs my non ancient gear). This season, I was rank 1 SC DH early on in the season (PS4) without any group benefits. If I was in a group…

PS just cos you play a in a group doesn’t make you a good or skilful player. Levering group play is simply abusing mechanics that heavily favour groups. It is NOT skilful.

Well that’s cute. We were 600p with Firebird wizzies after leveling under an hour with two necros. Literally within 3 hours we had 3 full firebird setups in the group I was playing with this season. I was the first person to complete a GR75 on xbox as well, so yeah… We did level that fast this season. It goes to show how strong the FB wiz is on console.

Thanks and no worries, man. I already know what we did first weekend. The group I was playing with also know. Stickricky, Sparklingdig, TFB Brawler and myself were in the first 150. What is rather funny was both us Necros got reilena for leveling which is the worst imo, but I got lucky with getting imperial rubies by salvaging SS from zoltan kuhl. After leveling, we did Hgift quests and had the DH and wiz plevel us wizzies and took the hgifts on them. People were still leveling even after we got plvled on new toons.

I am going to be playing with Smear on PC. Sadly, was called over to Poland in the US aid to help the fleeing Ukrainians. Hope he stays safe.

1 Like

I don’t really understand the haste at the seasonstart… The season lasts for months, any advantage of a quick start will be gone after a few days, right? I take my time leveling, because I enjoy that part, and in the end a few hours of play won’t translate into that many paragons, will they?

1 Like

It’s just to do something different. Like I said, I’ve been burnt out with Diablo for a long time. Grinding endless paragon or pushing rifts is just not something I enjoy anymore. So, when the season starts, I look to try to attempt to do something else.

So, I’ve been focusing on speed, as that is A) quick, and B) gives the ability to be improved upon. I’ve tried Sprinter, but gotten to the point where it’s not a challenge anymore. So I’ve been working on efficient season starts. One thing about that is, unlike something like Sprinter, you only get one shot with it a season. It basically allows me to focus on Diablo for long enough before I get burnt out and have to put the game away for a bit.

Okay, taken like that I guess it could be fun to do… Maybe I’ll try that someday… Then again, I’ve been waiting to get totaly bored with Diablo since it came out, and for some reason I keep coming back to it… Something about “mindlessly” destroying mobs is just to nice to stay away for too long…

helps get to the top of the seasonal challenges LBs quickly and for the top 4 man meta groups, the paragon grind starts pretty much very early on day 1. paragon is such a critical element to this game and success, that even a few hundred more paragon than the next 4 man meta group can create a winning #1 team.

It is why removing paragon from this game would be the best thing ever. Of course, the whining would make me think that we were near a jet engine, but…

yeah, it’s pretty easy when you group up and have a crap load of luck with RNG gear drops too…being the first to GR75 cos you grouped up isn’t something to be proud of.

I’m struggling to comprehend how that is possible but with the RNG you mention in later posts perhaps but really is not the norm.