Season 25 - The Lords of Hell - Has Ended

Oh it would not be my first time banned for a week :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but thanks for the heads up.
Iā€™m just so disapointed. I had big plans for a Phalanx build whit Akkhan set, Helltooth, Marrauder, Typhoon. I know it still has a buff, but now itā€™s just mehā€¦:worried:

4 Likes

Does Soul Shard selection actually require thought after seeing these notes?

It wasnā€™t a targeted nerf toward any particular gem. Itā€™s a blanket damage nerf.

It was likely seen as the easiest way to drop the overall power level of the entire season. However, since the top builds were head banging into the GR ceiling, it will have a much higher relative effect on non meta builds.

1 Like

exactly, now the difference of top builds like inna/bombardment (still doing 150s) and just ā€œokā€ builds (previous 144-149 ) is even bigger than beforeā€¦as are ALL BUILDS IN THE GAME EXECPT THE 150s FARMING META. WTF

hell yeah! 20 chars.

Just one. Dregs of lies. But now I feel iā€™ve been spit between the eyes. Well, I have to make do whit this version.

The real question is: Will Depth Diggers buff invokers? lol

I like that blizzard was trying to give WD Arachyr set a boost after some of the comments that it was rated #7 this s25.

• Spirit of Arachyr (6-piece bonus): The damage of creature skills is increased by 17500% 25000%. Creature skills are Corpse Spiders, Plague of Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm, Hex, and Piranhas.

i think i would rather have seen the gem left ā€œas-isā€ and dropped innas back a bit - just drop the amount of mystic allies that spawn or something? its a shame that all the other classesā€™ pets suffer because innas is so strong

5 Likes

So Firebird Wizard is trash now. Just play Inna Monk pet build and mash buttons for 150 speed runs. Super, just super.

3 Likes

i guess weā€™ll have to wait and see :woman_facepalming:

could have just nerfed the fire ally rune, no need to nerf every pet build there is with the Dreg nerf :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The change wasnā€™t meant to nerf Inna. It was specifically to drop damage across the board. Tier list really needs to be updated.
S tier: Inna
A tier: no one
B tier: every other top build in the game thatā€™s listed as S tier currently.

6 Likes

No. Depth Diggers buff direct damage from primary skills, not thorns damage applied by primary skills. Same idea with Firebirdā€™s, Depth Diggers/Fragment of Destiny buff direct damage from Flame Blades, not FB6 proc damage applied by Flame Blades.

Itā€™s a log(251/176)/log(1.17) = +2.26 GR increase in damage.

3 Likes

while I have no doubt youā€™re right, I still have no idea where the 251/176 came from. I could see 250/175, but 251/176? I never used Log for anything but calculating pH.

25000% + 100% (Your base damage),
Reduced to 251 units to be compared to 1.17 (117%, Monster HP increase)
same thing goes for 175+1 (17500%+100%)

iā€™ve never used log for this neither

1 Like

Itā€™s for a change of exponential base.

We have a damage increase, new damage y vs. old damage x. We want to know the expected GR increase. Letā€™s call that z.

So to find the expected GR increase, we need the following equation for z, plugging in the y and x for the damage increase:

y/x = 1.17^z

Take the log of both sides:

log(y/x) = z log (1.17)
z = log (y/x) / log(1.17)

3 Likes

Where is the soul shard that did the explosion feature in PTR?
Did this shard affect get removed/replaced with a different feature?

Itā€™s still there. Itā€™s the third one under ā€˜additional powersā€™ for Essence of Anguish.

Essence of Anguish

Base Power: Every time you deal poison damage to an enemy you increase your cooldown reduction and movement speed by 2.5% while your damage received is increased by 5% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
Additional Powers

1. Your movement speed and cooldown reduction can be increased up to 15 times by dealing poison damage to an enemy.
  2. When you deal poison damage to an enemy they receive 50% increased poison damage from all sources for 10 seconds.
  3. Killing an enemy deals the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards.

Oh thank goodness! lol

And thanks for adding the info about it too. I really liked that shard a lot in PTR!